The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Picked up Shotsky's Car (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25257)

ensteele 03-27-2005 11:49 AM

Picked up Shotsky's Car

I got back home yesterday after picking up Shotsky's car in Beaverton, OR. Now begins the long process of bringing it back to life if it is possible. We shall see if it can be done. Sure would hate to see another one of the 301 93s bite the dust.

This is what it looks like now. :(

Mr. Pockets 03-27-2005 11:56 AM

Good luck. :(

Electrophil 03-27-2005 12:48 PM

The great thing about it, is it was Shotsky's car. I'm sure the interior is immaculate, and whatever didn't get damaged in the accident works to perfection.

Bad news would be you have to update your collection picture....again... :)

michael 03-27-2005 02:30 PM

At least the bumper didn't take the impact. There is proably little to no unibody damage. Like Electrophil said at least it's Shotsky's and you know it's mechanicaly sound. Good luck with it, I'd love to have a 93.

n00b on demand 03-27-2005 02:46 PM

I can't view the pic

Electrophil 03-27-2005 02:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by soobiesvx93
I can't view the pic

<10 character rule>

LarryIII 03-27-2005 04:17 PM

Earl,

I wish you the best of luck in restoring John' s SVX. I still feel kind of bad for John, but I am glad that his SVX ias in the able hands of a true SVXer.

n00b on demand 03-27-2005 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele
I got back home yesterday after picking up Shotsky's car in Beaverton, OR. Now begins the long process of bringing it back to life if it is possible. We shall see if it can be done. Sure would hate to see another one of the 301 93s bite the dust.

This is what it looks like now. :(

As a fellow member of the anniversary edition club I wanna commend you Earl and keepin that 93 alive ;)

ensteele 03-27-2005 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LarryIII
Earl,

I wish you the best of luck in restoring John' s SVX. I still feel kind of bad for John, but I am glad that his SVX ias in the able hands of a true SVXer.

I feel bad for him too. The car sounds and runs good. Just needs some major work on the corner. I will keep you posted. :)

Rotorflyr 03-27-2005 06:58 PM

I say part it out and make those 93's even more rare.

j/k :D

Good luck with the restore Earl!

ensteele 03-28-2005 04:40 PM

That would work, but if I get it fixed, I will have one more of the few 93s still on the road! :D :D

Update:

I talked to the Auto body shop at the college, and it is already in one of the bays ready to be worked on. It will be on it's way to recovery very soon. Now all I have to do is find all of the parts that need fixing. :)

stanbu815 03-28-2005 09:24 PM

Shotsky's 93

Hi Earl -
Although I hardly ever post, I do keep track of the club and especially your adventures as the SVX Auto Baron. I was sorry to hear about John's situation because we all know by his many posts of help to all of us, he really loved that car and kept it in perfect condition. I am glad that you were able to give it a new home with the potential of a new life. You are fortunate to have the resources of the school. Other than that right front, it looks like the car is in super shape. I am sure we will all be anxious to follow the continuing saga hopefully leading to a successful conclusion, that is, Steele SVX #8.
Hope all is well. By the way, my 96 Polo has a whopping 70K on it. Got to change my signature block below. How's my 92 Pearl doing?
Best regards,

SilverSpear 03-28-2005 11:03 PM

the damage isn't that bad............ really! :rolleyes:

sharky512345 03-29-2005 12:09 AM

:eek: :eek: :eek: I am 98% sure that i saw that svx at the dealership in bend, oregon just a couple of monthes ago. I think it was right after Christmas early January sometime I was looking into getting floormats so I stopped at the dealer (they didn't have any slush mats that fit :rolleyes: ) but when I came out afterwards to my surprise I saw another red SVX parked beside my own. I looked closer and noticed a custom license plate "SVX 9T3" or "9T3 SVX"

I wish that I would have had a chance to talk to the owner but she scurried off before I had a chance to. I don't remember seeing the custom rims/exhaust tips. So I am pretty sure this is the same car. After looking at this thread http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24452 it appears it is the same car :( :(

Well I'm glad that someone is restoring it instead of parting it out. And what better place to do it than the svx museum. Good luck and I hope you get it back to 100% :) :(

newsvx 03-29-2005 07:46 AM

Good luck on the restoration, Earl!! Commendable effort!! But from the looks of the pics, it was not all that bad an accident, and from the pics too, the car looks to be in amazing overall shape - cudos to John!!

BTW, SHARKY has hit upon your NEW reference, as the official "SVX MUSEUM" :cool: ;) :D .

Harry