The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ohhhhh this car is amazing!!! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9504)

Green1995SVX 03-23-2003 10:18 PM

Ohhhhh this car is amazing!!!

I just went for a nice spirited drive out in the country. It was simply fantastic.

A lesson, though:

I had some CD's tucked in the strap in my sunvisor. When I rounded a tight turn, they flew out the window. Oh well. :(

Mike

ensteele 03-23-2003 10:40 PM

It seems like whenever I drive mine, I am still impressed with it. It is even better when I have a sunny day and going for a drive where there are some nice curves on the road. Let me know when and where you are going for a drive! I need some new CDs. ;) :D

Phast SVX 03-23-2003 11:19 PM

Mike, lemme get this straight, your talking about the cherokee right? :) :) :)
phil

Green1995SVX 03-23-2003 11:30 PM

haha if i drove that car like that, I wouldnt have to worry about anythign flying out the window... the whole car would be laying on that side!! :eek:

Mike

subafan 03-23-2003 11:40 PM

i want my svx back svx back svx back i want my svx back.... tranny, still incomplete.... tranny still incomplete.... i want my svx back svx back (hummed to the chile's commercial song)

Chicane 03-24-2003 08:42 AM

Mike, you have some new springs though right? I like the way it handles...but man... in turns you sure can feel it's heft.... kinda scary. Do your springs help with that, making it feel more nimble?

Green1995SVX 03-24-2003 08:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally posted by Chicane
Mike, you have some new springs though right? I like the way it handles...but man... in turns you sure can feel it's heft.... kinda scary. Do your springs help with that, making it feel more nimble?
OMG they helped so much. The cornering is much more flat now.

Here is a pic of the K&B springs compared to the stock springs. This is the rear. Be advised the K&B springs didnt lower the rear very much if any at all.

Mike

Chicane 03-24-2003 09:02 AM

Hrm. Wish you lived near me so you could take me for a ride. :|

LarryIII 03-24-2003 10:28 AM

Saturday, I was driving SUBYDOO and Rosie was following me in PEARLY. I went over some back roads (twisties) in a very spirited manner. She stayed right on my tail (Don't go there anyone). When we got out of the cars she said that she really, really enjoyed driving again like she used to before her car accident in Nov. of '97. I guess buying the '94 was worth it, just to see the sparkle in her eyes.

Last night, she made me explain every step as I changed Pearly's air filter.
I think she is coming down with a bad case of SVX fever.

CigarJohnny 03-24-2003 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by LarryIII
Saturday, I was driving SUBYDOO and Rosie was following me in PEARLY. I went over some back roads (twisties) in a very spirited manner. She stayed right on my tail (Don't go there anyone). When we got out of the cars she said that she really, really enjoyed driving again like she used to before her car accident in Nov. of '97. I guess buying the '94 was worth it, just to see the sparkle in her eyes.

Last night, she made me explain every step as I changed Pearly's air filter.
I think she is coming down with a bad case of SVX fever.

Oh, Larry...you are a truly blessed man! I took Jackie's wagon to get it inspected (no comments on that one!) and she had to come pick me up at the shop in the SVX. When she got there I started to head for the passenger side of the batmobile and she started gesturing wildly that she was not about to drive the SVX any further. When I asked her why not she went on about how she can't see out the back, it's too cramped, not enough room, blah, blah blah... making it very clear that she tolerates the car only because she can drive it in a pinch since it has an automatic tranny.

<sigh>

Yes, Larry. you are truly blessed! :)

wasions 03-24-2003 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by CigarJohnny
Oh, Larry...you are a truly blessed man! I took Jackie's wagon to get it inspected (no comments on that one!) and she had to come pick me up at the shop in the SVX. When she got there I started to head for the passenger side of the batmobile and she started gesturing wildly that she was not about to drive the SVX any further. When I asked her why not she went on about how she can't see out the back, it's too cramped, not enough room, blah, blah blah... making it very clear that she tolerates the car only because she can drive it in a pinch since it has an automatic tranny.

<sigh>

Yes, Larry. you are truly blessed! :)

When the SVX was new, and shiny, Sharon just raved about it. She just loved the stares, and the way it handled, and the power, and etc., and etc. Now that the seats are a little worn, and the paint's a little dull, she just can't stand it. "Oh it's such a pain to get in and out of." "I like my heated leather seats ." "Your car is waaaay toooo loooow." "My car is turbo-charged ." (Maybe so, but it still has sixty less horsepower, and is no match for the SVX.) That's all fine with me, you understand. The further she stays from my SVX, the better! :D :cool: :D

Mr. Pockets 03-24-2003 12:15 PM

Re: Ohhhhh this car is amazing!!!

Quote:

Originally posted by Green1995SVX
I just went for a nice spirited drive out in the country. It was simply fantastic.

A lesson, though:

I had some CD's tucked in the strap in my sunvisor. When I rounded a tight turn, they flew out the window. Oh well. :(

Mike

Okay, stop! Man, I wanna get my car out...it's gorgeous here today - high of 67degF and sunny!

Subafreak 03-24-2003 08:44 PM

I want to enjoy a drive in my car but until I figure out that damn vibration I'm afraid i'm gona break something. WHERE IS IT COMING FROM?

LarryIII 03-25-2003 04:41 AM

Ok ,who wedged the vibrator under Subafreak's seat?:confused:

Don't worry man. The batteries will eventully run down. :D

Shadowyng 03-25-2003 02:22 PM

Coming out of Hibernation!!!

Hello all again... well the winter was long but even Cleveland has gone through the defrost. And with the rain the streets here are clean of all the salt that they put on the road here. Just brought the Sled out today and drove fast to clear the cobwebs and dust of of the vehicle. Well hoep to stay in touch with everyone and find out what is new again... Later!!

Eric!