The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Need your opinion (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46715)

EdfromSF 10-25-2008 04:38 PM

Need your opinion

Over the past 2 years i have become very fond of my SVX and would like to get another in the future. There is one located about 15 miles away from my house. I went to look at it yesterday seams to be in pretty good shape from what i saw. Here is the link any input in it would be nice.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/ctd/891863394.html

Thxs

Ed

SVXalter 10-25-2008 06:01 PM

Re: Need your opinion

Looks gorgeous! If you want it and have the money, I say go for it.

RojoRocket 10-26-2008 07:01 AM

I drove the car and was not impressed with the finish, badly pitted on the sides as though parked alongside a gravel road. It drove well, except for the floppy sunvisors, again, reflecting poorly on the level of previous maintenance.

Glenn

XT6Wagon 10-26-2008 09:11 AM

the SVX sunvisors are just built wrong. Its the only car I've ever owned with sunvisors that do that. They all do it. Even the "fix" put up here doesn't seem to cure it 100% as I found out someone already did it to my sunvisor that still droops.

Worse since they all do it, stealing spares from wrecked/parted SVX's nets you only more broken or going to be broken sun visors.

RojoRocket 10-26-2008 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XT6Wagon (Post 570217)
the SVX sunvisors are just built wrong. Its the only car I've ever owned with sunvisors that do that. They all do it. Even the "fix" put up here doesn't seem to cure it 100% as I found out someone already did it to my sunvisor that still droops.

Worse since they all do it, stealing spares from wrecked/parted SVX's nets you only more broken or going to be broken sun visors.

I don't know about that as a rule, but I bought a new one a year or so ago, and thought they were still available. :cool:

Glenn

Sean486 10-26-2008 09:34 AM

I have been wondering if visors from some other car might fit our cars? How different could they be? I'm surprised no one has experimented with that.

For me I purchased a non-drooping used one, it was more than I wanted to pay, but it was worth it not to have to look at it anymore. They come up on eBay every few weeks, so it is really not a big deal but if you are haggling the price I would say that should be good for a $50-$75 deduction per visor.

XT6Wagon 10-26-2008 09:40 AM

IIRC some of the later subarus used the same mount but didn't have the mirror and light. There was a post here somewhere about it.

Subie59 10-26-2008 02:27 PM

my sunvisors are good. I just avoid using them at all costs. I also rarely roll down the window to keep it from scratching badly. But that's just me.

kwren 10-26-2008 03:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
new ones for me work over a year old now and do great.
I have no clue if they have improved them over the years. (probably not?) I have a pretty heavy blue tooth clipped to mine and it stays up good!

I can not have droopy visors on our svx. She is worth new ones, not some Jerry-rigged fasteners, at least that is what minnie mouse tells me. (See attached photo)

Vacation pick from no-place!

PDSides 10-27-2008 02:24 PM

Back to the subject of the SVX for sale -- that car has been advertised here and there for quite a while. Look around and you will find it listed on nearly every website for used cars. This does not mean it has faults/problems, only that it has not sold as yet, after being on the market a long time.
Preston

Sean486 10-27-2008 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PDSides (Post 570370)
Back to the subject of the SVX for sale -- that car has been advertised here and there for quite a while. Look around and you will find it listed on nearly every website for used cars. This does not mean it has faults/problems, only that it has not sold as yet, after being on the market a long time.
Preston

Yeah, the price is a bit high, that's probably why it is still around. I remember seeing it on eBay, those pictures are pretty memorable.