The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Help Me Out Everybody (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5767)

Jayjay 09-04-2002 06:56 PM

Help Me Out Everybody

yo whats up this is jayjay. im trying to buy a svx and i dont know what to look for. cause ive seen a lot of nice cars but svx seems to be the car i want to have. do any body know what would be the price for a svx. i mean round up the price. and how i can find one, and ofcourse which one would be the best to buy. SO PLEASE HELP ME OUT IN BUYING A SVX. THANKS.... PEACEOUT

squiggy 09-04-2002 10:24 PM

browse around in the sell/wanted/parts forum you'll get alot of info there..depends on the year you want..model..condition etc...but keep in mind if you don't have alot of $$ to spend on buying it ...how do you think you'll pay for any needed repairs...keep in mind the latest model is a 1997 making it AT LEAST a 6 year old car..and unless you can vouch for the owner any 6 year old car will nickel and dime you into the poorhouse...

vzSvx 09-05-2002 05:21 AM

just a warning...

...buying an SVX is like making a committment. Make sure you are financially prepared for what's coming up in the future in order to keep it (transmission, wheel bearings and all other repairs), because once you own one, it is hard to let go...

The more money I spent on mine, the more I want to keep it.

Ca$h 09-05-2002 11:27 AM

YO check dis out G. Da SVX is da bomb yo but yous gotsta watch out for its pizz-roblems. See, its like dis: SVXs are super dope-track-a-listic but chu best be watching out for da transmission being a ho, know what I'm saying G? So da transmission be giving you all that 'tude if it overheats, then tis like "b*tch, give me money! I want a new transmission yo!" so you's best be looking for a fly ass SVX with a new transmission yo. Da other thang yous gotsta keep yo' peeps out fo is da rear wheel bearings yo. See, day like to go out and den yous gotsta replace em and da svx is all "B*tch, gimmie money!" But other than that stuff, which aint no thang but a chicken wang, SVXs are ultra dope. Man, you's can install a killa stereo and put 4 12"s in the back, den yous best put on some 20 inch dubs, know what I'm saying? Den you be the flyest dopest tightest G dare EVA wuz.

WERD.

- Ca$h

:P

SHISVX 09-05-2002 01:09 PM

well jayjay, welcome to the network first of all....

secondly don't ca$h got the illie flow, you hearrd?? LMAO ;)

Kelli

Quote:

Originally posted by Ca$h
YO check dis out G. Da SVX is da bomb yo but yous gotsta watch out for its pizz-roblems. See, its like dis: SVXs are super dope-track-a-listic but chu best be watching out for da transmission being a ho, know what I'm saying G? So da transmission be giving you all that 'tude if it overheats, then tis like "b*tch, give me money! I want a new transmission yo!" so you's best be looking for a fly ass SVX with a new transmission yo. Da other thang yous gotsta keep yo' peeps out fo is da rear wheel bearings yo. See, day like to go out and den yous gotsta replace em and da svx is all "B*tch, gimmie money!" But other than that stuff, which aint no thang but a chicken wang, SVXs are ultra dope. Man, you's can install a killa stereo and put 4 12"s in the back, den yous best put on some 20 inch dubs, know what I'm saying? Den you be the flyest dopest tightest G dare EVA wuz.

WERD.

- Ca$h

:P

Jayjay 09-05-2002 01:09 PM

DAMN

yo guys thanks man, im tryin to buy one of them joints but i dont know if it last long. i mean ya scarin me man, about the whole transmition and everythin. if i wanna buy one im a get the 96 or 97 joints and its gonna be manuel transmition does that change anythin about the transmition prob or...? i mean am i gonna spend a lot of money just to repair it or what, cause i can afford the car, + im trying to do a little somethin somethin to it too so i dont know. Down here in MD there are so many supped up cars but i aint seen one svx in em so thats why i like it, its special. Wat im askin is:IS IT GONNA WORTH BUYIN IT OR NOT?.......

Ron Mummert 09-05-2002 01:46 PM

We Merryland folks sho gots funy ax-scents.
Yeah - Dat '97 wif da 5 speed be da wheels fo yo butt!

Ron.

Ca$h 09-05-2002 02:07 PM

I'm going to be honest with you: Don't get an SVX. I base this PURELY because of what you posted.

Alright, you can't spell worth a damn, and bad spelling and grammar generally means uneducated and somewhat low on money. The SVX is a good car, but its also classy. From the way you talk and (attempt to) type, I 'm guessing that a 64 Impala with hydros would be more of your class. So yeah, the SVX is going to be an investment, if you beat on it it'll most likely beat back with high cost repair bills, and you can't really soup them up (you can make them look better, but making them faster ....eh... they just don't go that fast). So yeah, in my opinion, don't get one. But hey, maybe I'm completely wrong and "JayJay" isn't some gangsta thug name and you're intelligent and have enough money to maintain an SVX properly and you're prepared for it. Who knows.

- Ca$h

mattski 09-05-2002 02:45 PM

A 96 or 97 is definitely your best bet for trouble free (less?) motoring. However, you are unlikely to find a manual transmission since Subaru did not offer one and modified cars are very rare. The automatics in the latter years were improved and will hopefully last longer.

As for me, I love my 97 and would highly recommend it to anyone willing to make the commitment. They are not cheap, and any likely repairs will be expensive as is an extended warranty (my choice to sleep better). They are also quite fast and will urge you to "bend" speeding laws. This can be a dangerous mix for any young driver.

Quite a few things to ponder.:)

I_Alcyone_I 09-05-2002 04:07 PM

They didn't come stock with 5 Speed, so ontop of the original price you'll probobly drop another 4 thousand to get it converted.

Paisan 09-05-2002 04:20 PM

What's with the ebonics?

I thought I left that back with the H-A crowd?

-mike

Seraph 09-05-2002 04:29 PM

Re: DAMN

Quote:

Originally posted by Jayjay
yo guys thanks man, im tryin to buy one of them joints but i dont know if it last long. i mean ya scarin me man, about the whole transmition and everythin. if i wanna buy one im a get the 96 or 97 joints and its gonna be manuel transmition does that change anythin about the transmition prob or...? i mean am i gonna spend a lot of money just to repair it or what, cause i can afford the car, + im trying to do a little somethin somethin to it too so i dont know. Down here in MD there are so many supped up cars but i aint seen one svx in em so thats why i like it, its special. Wat im askin is:IS IT GONNA WORTH BUYIN IT OR NOT?.......

If anyone should know how expensive the SVX can get, there are two people on this board that you should talk to Leo (1994SVX) is one and the other person is me. I sank in about 10k on the first 94. SVXes in general are nice. Like anything and everything in life, if it was taken care of at a young age, it will grow up to be a nice thing. Same goes for the SVX. if the car was taken care of nicely, the tranny will last for ever. I just sold a SVX with an original tranny at 146k on the clock. As for the repairs, they do cost a ton of money if you want to do ir right. If you want to take shortcuts, you will see problems everywhere. SVX is a special car. You will not see very many of them unless you search for them. As for modding the SVX, good luck with it. Not many upgrades are out there at all for the SVX. Apart from that, good luck with the search and welcome to the club.

-- L

alacrity024 09-05-2002 05:05 PM

Quote:

bad spelling and grammar generally means uneducated and somewhat low on money.
*buries his head in his hands*

oab_au 09-05-2002 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by alacrity024

*buries his head in his hands*

I'll second that:confused:
Harvey.

svxeno 09-05-2002 06:43 PM

Expensive?

Jay jay,

The first real expense I had was a tranny rebuild for $2700.00. This is from an aquaintance who runs a tranny shop so the price is pretty good. (Included synth fluid and new tranny cooler)

Just so you know what you may be getting into. I STILL love the car though!

Can we get thru one thread without taking a pot shot at someone else?

Randy (Joining the buried head in hand crowd of two) ii