The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Anyone know who this is? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21287)

majeskyb 09-13-2004 01:13 PM

Anyone know who this is?

I'm a member over at nopistons.com, and found this in the kills section. Maybe somebody knows the person that raced the Rx-7.

S4 T2 Kills Subaru Svx

Andy 09-13-2004 01:36 PM

Re: Anyone know who this is?

Quote:

Originally posted by majeskyb
I'm a member over at nopistons.com, and found this in the kills section. Maybe somebody knows the person that raced the Rx-7.

S4 T2 Kills Subaru Svx

He needs to keep off the funny fungus. Squeals all four wheels LSHISMP.

mikecg 09-13-2004 01:44 PM

I'm call Bull, too. Guy's a freaken moran. Squealling all four???

So what does and intake sound like anyway??

Andy 09-13-2004 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by mikecg
I'm call Bull, too. Guy's a freaken moran. Squealling all four???

So what does and intake sound like anyway??

He forgot to mention the twin turbos too, or maybe that was the intake sound he heard.

Matthewmongan 09-13-2004 02:59 PM

Flat 6, all automatics. I call BS on the squealing tires. My friend had one and he couldnt even spin them on the snow. Ran an 18.1 in Colorado which would be about 17.1 at sea level. Pretty cool car and it could cruise nicely at relatively high speed, but it wasnt fast by any stretch of the imagination. A 5-speed N/A rx7 could take one. I always felt ashamed of myself when I would race him and blow his doors off, sort of like picking on the fat kid at school.

ummm yeah since i beat this kid with a heavily modded na rx7 yeah rotaries are for weed wackers.

i love my car like a fat kid love cake. really now

Matthewmongan 09-13-2004 03:00 PM

Yeah SVXs are a wierd group... I've never seen a 5spd model, and I'm not sure if they have V6s or Flat 4s or what. All I know is that they can be fast.... They are rare as hell, and I would give the damn guy props for 1. Trying to hook up a car that can't possibly have much of an aftermarket for it, and 2. Using a different platform of cars than anyone I've ever known. Strange but none the less good kill. :D

this is soo true.

Andy 09-13-2004 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Matthewmongan
Yeah SVXs are a wierd group... I've never seen a 5spd model, and I'm not sure if they have V6s or Flat 4s or what. All I know is that they can be fast.... They are rare as hell, and I would give the damn guy props for 1. Trying to hook up a car that can't possibly have much of an aftermarket for it, and 2. Using a different platform of cars than anyone I've ever known. Strange but none the less good kill. :D

this is soo true.

Raw Furry Dawg

svxistentialist 09-13-2004 05:50 PM

Garage queen??

Not as laid back as you used to be, eh Andy??

Landshark 09-13-2004 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Andy

Raw Furry Dawg

if that SVX were hooked up with some raw furry scoops, we would be reading quite a different story on those forums i would think:

"yo! i got my ass handed to me by a hooked up SVX! raw furry dawg!"

NikFu S. 09-13-2004 06:30 PM

Hilarious.
An SVX spinning all four tires would have serious mods and an awesome tranny.
Not only this, it would kill an FC.

Subafreak 09-13-2004 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by NikFu S.
Hilarious.
An SVX spinning all four tires would have serious mods and an awesome tranny.
Not only this, it would kill an FC.

Or stage two.:D

Hell with an abusive enough launch, I can spin 4 tires.:cool:

PatrickB 09-13-2004 07:55 PM

U LIKE DEM SPINNING TIRES DO YA /joe dirt

PatrickB 09-13-2004 08:16 PM

i signed up and replied may as well have some fun. :cool:

majeskyb 09-13-2004 08:17 PM

Well, the guy said that at the top of 3rd, he beat the svx by 2 and a half cars. considering a t2 runs a mid 14 stock, it seems that svx was moving kinda quick (unless the 7 wasn't in top shape)

PatrickB 09-13-2004 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by majeskyb
Well, the guy said that at the top of 3rd, he beat the svx by 2 and a half cars. considering a t2 runs a mid 14 stock, it seems that svx was moving kinda quick (unless the 7 wasn't in top shape)
i honestly think it would take some sort of FI to squeel tires in a auto svx.