The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   SVX (mine) dusted an Acura (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17750)

Rob 04-06-2004 07:05 PM

SVX (mine) dusted an Acura

Great fun this evening. I was cruising home from work when a riced out Acura stopped along side of me at a stop light and rolled down his window. (All my glass is blacked out....) I noticed his decaled rice mobile as a ricer and decided to comment...)
"Whats up?" I asked. He replied "just having fun."
The light turned green, I punched it, first gear held nice, ricer was holding to my rear quarter panel but fading. Second gear (somewhere around 50 to 60 I think. I was watching the road...)
I was easily pulling ahead...) stayed it the throttle until the puss backed off.
He knows all about my SVX by now.
Just had to share....
Rob

(In love with his car...)

Green1995SVX 04-06-2004 07:09 PM

Please post racing threads in the Off-Topic forum. Thank you.

Mike.

Chiketkd 04-06-2004 07:09 PM

Ha ha ha! That ricer got owned...

Noir 04-06-2004 07:22 PM

Re: SVX (mine) dusted an Acura

Quote:

Originally posted by Rob
Great fun this evening. I was cruising home from work when a riced out Acura stopped along side of me at a stop light and rolled down his window. (All my glass is blacked out....) I noticed his decaled rice mobile as a ricer and decided to comment...)
"Whats up?" I asked. He replied "just having fun."
The light turned green, I punched it, first gear held nice, ricer was holding to my rear quarter panel but fading. Second gear (somewhere around 50 to 60 I think. I was watching the road...)
I was easily pulling ahead...) stayed it the throttle until the puss backed off.
He knows all about my SVX by now.
Just had to share....
Rob

(In love with his car...)

what kind of acura was it? i raced one long time ago in my green on an empty highway at 3am. it was a acura gsx or rsx or whatever the hell it was. was going 65mph-ish riding nose to nose and then gunned it. it kept up and even started creeping slightly ahead of me at 90mph or so...over 100 either he chickened out or i pulled away, dunno...did this 4 times, slowed down to wait for him at 65 again. so i was just curious.

Chiketkd 04-06-2004 10:29 PM

Re: Re: SVX (mine) dusted an Acura

Must be either an Integra or RSX. Most ricers dress up those cars and hit the streets looking for trouble (remember stickers add 10hp each:rolleyes: ). Glad you took him to school...

-Chike

P.S. Bet he didn't know what your car was. He'll probably tell his friends he lost to an NSX!

Quote:

Originally posted by Noir
what kind of acura was it? i raced one long time ago in my green on an empty highway at 3am. it was a acura gsx or rsx or whatever the hell it was. was going 65mph-ish riding nose to nose and then gunned it. it kept up and even started creeping slightly ahead of me at 90mph or so...over 100 either he chickened out or i pulled away, dunno...did this 4 times, slowed down to wait for him at 65 again. so i was just curious.

HighwayUFO 04-07-2004 01:39 AM

i duster so many acuras and civics(hence the name) that it is not funny. Oh how they try:rolleyes:

NomadTW 04-08-2004 12:51 AM

rsx-s will keep up from a stop

GreenMarine 04-08-2004 02:43 PM

HA!!! :D I'd like to see any Acura (Other than an NSX) Keep up with me from a stop :D:cool:

---> It'll be a cold day in hell when an Acrua or a honda beats me off the line and especially through the corners!!!

Breck SVX 04-08-2004 10:32 PM

a 6-speed new TL would give you some trouble

immortal_suby 04-09-2004 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by NomadTW
rsx-s will keep up from a stop
Yep - a guy who used to work at my plant had one - from a stop it will be very close - especially if the rsx driver knows how to shift.
Top end high speed you will pull on him.

subafan 04-09-2004 11:44 AM

i'm actually suprised to hear about all this success against hondas.... true, in their stock form, the civics and the integras are not that powerful, but it really isn't that hard, with all the aftermarket support, to tune a civic into an off-the-line beast... there is no question that from 70mph+ the svx will definitely take over, but wow... i'm amazed to hear that the svx is doing so well off the line.....

alacrity024 04-09-2004 01:57 PM

mine does well off the line...

4.11's help :D

Chiketkd 04-09-2004 02:38 PM

I'm actually surprised it'll be close from a stop on account of the SVX's AWD launch. Plus those RSX's are FWD, and if the driver gives it too much gas, all they'll get are spinning front wheels and torque steer... :D

-Chike

Quote:

Originally posted by immortal_suby
from a stop it will be very close - especially if the rsx driver knows how to shift.

GreenMarine 04-09-2004 11:35 PM

Hell I posted about a year ago that I beat my friend and his 1997 3000gt SL... It was great... Just search my posts from about a year ago... I tore him up all through 1st gear then (with my tranny slipping) he passes ever so slowly about mid 2nd gear... I know that with the 5 speed he wouldn't stand a chance now :):)

GreenMarine 04-09-2004 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by subafan
i'm actually suprised to hear about all this success against hondas.... true, in their stock form, the civics and the integras are not that powerful, but it really isn't that hard, with all the aftermarket support, to tune a civic into an off-the-line beast... there is no question that from 70mph+ the svx will definitely take over, but wow... i'm amazed to hear that the svx is doing so well off the line.....
Alot of it is just incompetent people trying to tune these cars... They are either not putting the right parts on or the right combination of parts on... with the right combination of parts I think that a Civic would really give us a run for our money... As much as I hated typing that it is true... There are just too many performance parts out there and those cars are nice and light and easy to mod.... Oh well, atleast they will always be a honda and never look like an SVX :D:D:cool: