The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Competition Motorsports (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Autocross today (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=41144)

wawazat?? 10-07-2007 08:04 PM

Autocross today

Took second in STX...out of 3:( I was beaten handily by a 2004 WRX with an impressive mod list and a very good driver. I did however beat up on a Volvo 850...non-turbo:rolleyes::lol: also in STX.

Not my best performance of the year, but my runs were very consistent just not as fast as I would have liked. I did beat a good friends STU Evolution MR by a a good margin and that made it all worth while. He actualy offered me a co-drive for the event but I declined as I don't need to be longing for yet another car:rolleyes:

I'm also at a crossroads again with the SVX in terms of it's performance, or rather lack thereof, in the autocross world. Weighing in at 3478 plus driver (those that have met me probably wouldn't use the word petite when describing me:lol:) puts me well out of the capability with this platform in STX. I don't know if going back to GS to be beaten up by Mini's would help. This leaves taking it up to SM or above. Street Mod around these parts is ruled by 400+HP Evo's with more money in their carbon fiber body panels than I have in my entire car. I know I need to enhance HP-weight ratio but I'm very pleased with the NA throttle response of the EG33. I don't know if I can change this ratio enough to cut 4-6 seconds out of every run.
I may take the Legacy out and see how I like that to help me determine my next step.

Just venting to you all.

Todd

ensteele 10-07-2007 08:10 PM

It sounds like you did ok even if you were not satisfied with your showing. :)

SVXRide 10-07-2007 08:23 PM

time to move to ESP and get some more power out of the EG33;) At least in ESP you'll be running against cars ~ the same weight and wheelbase....okay, so they might have a few hp on yah....
-Bill

immortal_suby 10-07-2007 09:24 PM

Todd, whether you win or lose at the track, just remind them that the svx is 10x more of a chick magnet than a 4 door grocery getter with a turbine ;)

newsvx 10-08-2007 01:45 PM

Todd,
You are doing great! And the MAJOR thing is that you are having FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tongue::tongue::D:D

wawazat?? 10-08-2007 03:54 PM

Thanks for the kind words guys

:)

Earl, I did well I just want to win:)

Bill-I'll look in to ESP rules, recent times and my competition around here. May be a fit for my lifelong project 5 speed:D

Matt-while your words are very true, chicks dig me...or maybe it really is the car:lol: Besides, my trophy wife has one of those four door grocery getters with the turbine, kinda like your trophy wife! I'll probably just beat that one up at a future autocross to see how it feels.

Harry-fun with no monthly costs associated other than insurance is a strong consolation these days. Thanks.

Todd

porschekiller 10-08-2007 06:23 PM

autocross

are you really doing autocross with an auto? lol! this will give you an edge: 245/45-17front and 205/55-17 rear or 245/50-16 front and 205/60-16 rear. thank me when you win.:lol:

newsvx 10-08-2007 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porschekiller (Post 498691)
are you really doing autocross with an auto? lol! this will give you an edge: 245/45-17front and 205/55-17 rear or 245/50-16 front and 205/60-16 rear. thank me when you win.:lol:

Hey Killer,
I love the SVX in autocross WITH an automatic. Just put it in "1" and leave it!! If the rev's get too high, it bumps up to second, and then will "down shift" back to 1st if you "play with the gas a bit ..:D

Harry

porschekiller 10-08-2007 06:58 PM

autocross

i'm a purist, i can't wait to autocross with 4.11 gears and an ra 5sp with 245/50-16 fronts

wawazat?? 10-08-2007 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porschekiller (Post 498691)

Yes I am. I appreciate your advice but I'll balance the traction of my same sized tires (245/40-17 Bridgestone RE-01r) with pressure and suspension tuning. I doubt that tire size swaps will help me with a 3-4 second deficit in my class (STX) and as I just bought these tires, I won't be buying any more in the near future.

What type of autocross experience do you have with what types of vehicles? Have you autocrossed your SVX? Just curious as to who/how/what type of experience you have. Lots of free information available on the intraweb and you typically get what you pay for.;):)

Todd

It's Just Eric 10-08-2007 07:38 PM

Though your tire size suggestions may be on the right track, there is one problem: The svx's transfer clutches will fail in a spectacular way if you run diffrent rolling circumfrences front and rear

wawazat?? 10-13-2007 08:15 AM

Looking for your opinions guys. Tomorrow is an autocross event outside of my normal region which ended it's season last weekend. I've got a vehicle option in the Legacy spec.B (translation for Benebob, the AWD, 6 speed Camry)and am considering driving it instead of the X. Both STX (where I run the SVX) and D Stock (where I'd run the Legacy) are each only occupied by one Subaru other than me (worst I can do is second:lol:).

Your thoughts???

benebob 10-13-2007 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wawazat?? (Post 500108)
Looking for your opinions guys. Tomorrow is an autocross event outside of my normal region which ended it's season last weekend. I've got a vehicle option in the Legacy spec.B (translation for Benebob, the AWD, 6 speed Camry)and am considering driving it instead of the X. Both STX (where I run the SVX) and D Stock (where I'd run the Legacy) are each only occupied by one Subaru other than me (worst I can do is second:lol:).

Your thoughts???

Drive the Mazdaru! Maybe you'll blow the POS up and then there will be one less I have to:barf: at when I see it!

FYI it was the 1st gen Impreza that was a dead ringer for the Camry. Get you Universal Japanese Automobiles right or I'll start calling you Chad again!:D

wawazat?? 10-13-2007 05:19 PM

OK, me and my Mazda :rolleyes: will be autocrossing tomorrow. I'm gonna see how much different the manual trans realy makes, that and more power:)

By a vote of one, the SVX stays home.

benebob 10-13-2007 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wawazat?? (Post 500187)
OK, me and my Mazda :rolleyes: will be autocrossing tomorrow. I'm gonna see how much different the manual trans realy makes, that and more power:)

By a vote of one, the SVX stays home.

Good luck, me guessing you'll have some manual tranny issues. I know I would going from a life of auto autoxing. Keep it away from walls!