The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Code 14? / Code 24? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43027)

YourConfused 02-12-2008 08:36 PM

If you feel like changing the title, then go ahead. How about "My car sucks!":rolleyes:

A more appropriate title would be "code 24"

Well I see you have already changed it....

svxistentialist 02-12-2008 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YourConfused (Post 528082)
If you feel like changing the title, then go ahead. How about "My car sucks!":rolleyes:

A more appropriate title would be "code 24"

Well I see you have already changed it....

Chris probably changed it. I was asleep. Get in touch with LAN, he is pretty sharp with the electronics and fuelling. Whatever the problem may be, it will be found and sorted, but I know how frustrating it must be when you are already being careful and meticulous.

We want to be fair to LAN since there is a commercial side, and I'm pleased you see the point.

Thanks

Joe:)

Trevor 02-12-2008 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxistentialist (Post 528129)
Chris probably changed it. I was asleep. Get in touch with LAN, he is pretty sharp with the electronics and fuelling. Whatever the problem may be, it will be found and sorted, but I know how frustrating it must be when you are already being careful and meticulous.

We want to be fair to LAN since there is a commercial side, and I'm pleased you see the point.

Thanks

Joe,

You should also expect LAN to be fair and apologise, since there is a slander side. Please see a second point. ;)

YourConfused 02-13-2008 12:34 AM

new updates

I have much to say here, but going back to bed now. I fell asleep (on the couch) and just woke up to see something here. This is my issue and my(:lol:) thread (like I own the net;)) and I try hard not to take sides or place blame. I just want to have everything out in the open so that there is not a single question needing to be asked of me. (I did talk to LAN tonight:)) See you all soon.

Trevor 02-13-2008 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YourConfused (Post 528138)
I have much to say here, but going back to bed now. I fell asleep (on the couch) and just woke up to see something here. This is my issue and my(:lol:) thread (like I own the net;)) and I try hard not to take sides or place blame. I just want to have everything out in the open so that there is not a single question needing to be asked of me. (I did talk to LAN tonight:)) See you all soon.

Not your fault, no one is to blame and there is no real issue. I noted the question mark in the original heading, which made it reasonably clear that you were not intending to point a finger, but had a straight forward query. You simply asked a valid question.

In hindsight you possibly could have worded the heading differently, but there is no evidence that anyone directly blamed any product involved. The software was simply caught up as part of the description of a complicated train of events which required sorting, no more and no less. :)

RSVX 02-13-2008 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxistentialist (Post 528129)

Thanks

Not me!:confused:

RSVX 02-13-2008 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevor (Post 528134)
Joe,

You should also expect LAN to be fair and apologise, since there is a slander side. Please see a second point. ;)

And this is better suited as a PM. It appears to me more like baiting. So next time you have a complaint, PM it!

Trevor 02-13-2008 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSVX (Post 528160)
And this is better suited as a PM. It appears to me more like baiting. So next time you have a complaint, PM it!

I reject criticism of what constituted a straight forward statement. The emphasised instruction as to the way I should post is rude and unacceptable.

I have been here for a long time and can claim to have devoted much, effort, time assisting members to the best of my ability. Always I take great care so as to not offend, but there are occasions when I must directly defend myself, and I reserve the right to do so.

Several times in the past I have been slandered and lack of support from moderators has been conspicuous. Finally a complete thread, slyly composed, was directed against me. No apology was forthcoming from the thread instigator, or was requested by moderators, who sat on the fence throughout.

Again within this thread there has been a nasty side swipe, with inference towards the earlier slander. Again no official comment and no apology. In fact quite the opposite, in the form of the above official complaint against me. A clique has developed here and there are corners within this place which have a nasty odour. ;)

RSVX 02-13-2008 06:01 PM

I have no reply other than a name.

Harvey.

Trevor 02-13-2008 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSVX (Post 528271)
I have no reply other than a name.

Harvey.

You tempt me towards enlivening the thread and again raising the issue of an apology. ;)

immortal_suby 02-13-2008 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSVX (Post 528158)
Not me!:confused:

I did it. :)

YourConfused 02-13-2008 06:56 PM

I ASKED TREVOR TO TAKE PART IN THIS THREAD AS A FAVOR TO ME.
I appreciate the fact that he took the time to provide suggestions and information as he told me from the beginning that he wasn't familiar with the Ecu Tune mod and therefore couldn't be of the best help. I applaud him for that, but have no idea what history he has with this forum as I have been on here just over a year. (1 year and 1 month! I'm not a noob anymore:))

LAN was helpful when I finally realized he had pm'd me his number 2 days ago.:rolleyes: I was thinking he posted out of line until I re-read all his pm's to me.
Doh. :o
He confirmed that I did have my wires going to the MAF in the correct order which backed up OT's info on the same question.

Back to the topic at hand...
This is what I found last night before talking w/ LAN. (Who was quite polite and helpful btw.)
Just trying to trace my wiring issue (not getting any power to the MAF) down I found something rather peculiar in the smallest connector for the ecu. It was a pin that should have been connected to the ecu, but instead had broken off and came out.
Guess what wire this pin went to. The freakin power wire for the MAF!

It looks like all this mess was as a result of hardware failure in the ECU. Who would have guessed that? That is about as weird as what YT stated w/ the climate control conflicting w/ the new software on a car he dealt with. (I think I got this info correct, but that's not the point anyway.)

I just assumed that my cars weird running issue and random idle hunting was a result of having ALL of my intake bolts loose. So I know believe that I had a randomly working MAF due to the afore mentioned issue coupled w/ the intake leak, cracked IRIS check valve, and 2 bad knock sensors.

When it rains it pours.

The only question I have in my mind now is what is the possibility that there was something that made this pin break. Cause and effect, or just some random failure that may have happened over the cars last 16 years of neglect?:confused:

Bottom line: I need a new ECU. Anyone care to donate one?:lol:

p.s. Thanks to the following: Bill, Trevor, OT, John, YT, Beav, Joe, B3lha and Chris for all the help.

SVXRide 02-13-2008 07:09 PM

Hey, no problem, we're all family here (okay, so we can be a little disfunctional at times:rolleyes:). Remember that the car is 16+ years old, so a pin breaking isn't out of the question.
-Bill

Trevor 02-13-2008 07:39 PM

Special thanks for detailing the fault as finally established.

In view of the comment within this thread, ---- ”he also knows that playing like he does't will create a long thread that will make the next person who has problems have enough doubt to get suckered by him too.” , is it not interesting that it was my analysis that brought about fruition. :rolleyes: :lol:

YourConfused 02-13-2008 09:20 PM

[QUOTE=Trevor;528291]Special thanks for detailing the fault as finally established.

I don't like questions that cannot be answered. In my mind there is ALWAYS a solution. I wake up at night with answers to questions because it bugs me so much.

I am glad that I got to talk to LAN, and find that he is a nice guy. I honestly didn't think he was too nice when I talked to him, briefly, before. I was wrong there.
I am also (in a way) glad that it wasn't a fault of something I bought from him. It would have been easier and cheaper if it was just a faulty chip and not my puter, but like I said before; the finger has to point somewhere. It didn't point at me :banana: and didn't point at him:D, so I am glad to have not caused any turmoil around here, and to have not shamed myself.