The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   ECU Tune Projects (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   ECU STAGE 1 Dilemma (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24256)

SilverSpear 02-03-2005 01:35 AM

ECU STAGE 1 Dilemma

hey guys, yesterday i decided to install the stage 1 chip in my SVX. I opened the ECU box as required in the instructions but found out that the white sticker on the ROM reads something like F03........ or F30..... (sorry I forgot) instead of F23AYH06 as stated by ECUtune.... is it normal? or is it just me? after an hour of scratching my head, i decided to install it.. after that drove my car, everything was normal, i didn't feel much boost at first but then the power appeared clearly. the lag was minimizing and today i felt the real thing more and more...
am i getting full power of that chip? does the number really matter on the ROM? well i am feeling some kick out of it so far, but i need to know some experts' opinions about the thing... Longassname? anyone?

Earthworm 02-03-2005 11:12 AM

It's fine. As long as the tan resistor was cut and the check engine light comes on when you turn the key on then it's working fine.

immortal_suby 02-03-2005 04:31 PM

It will get progressively better every time you drive it. :D

SilverSpear 02-04-2005 01:37 AM

yeah but i thought it won't work or even burn my ECU... my ROMs read other than described by ECUtune... they are totally different, something like F0301...01 , i was wondering, how did it work?

michael 02-04-2005 07:24 AM

Could it be because you do not have a US model?
Mabey you could try the European forum to see if they have different #'s also. Most likely it's the same ROM, just a different part #.

SilverSpear 02-04-2005 07:46 AM

My whole car is a dilemma! it comes from Saudi Arabia, cars over there are US specs, for example it has yellow corners like US cars, but a european/australian heart (35/65 AWD ratio)... SVX's sold in Lebanon have white corners like JDM cars...

Ecutune has stressed to check the number on the ROM as F23....., and through our email, he told me that it may be that this chip doesn't work on my car specs, i took the risk and bought it anyway not knowing if it does an effect or so.... the outcome? it works like a charm....

for all the guys outside US not certain that this chip will work, i assure them it does! buy with confidence!!!

michael 02-04-2005 09:00 AM

Hey Dan this is a little off topic, but could you put a pic of your car in your locker at this angle...

michael 02-04-2005 09:02 AM

oops

longassname 02-04-2005 11:14 AM

if you can send the rom from your car to us I can read it and see what EXACTLY is different between the US software and your version. That won't necessarily tell us about the European or Australian SVX's but it's still a step forward in learning the differences in software between countries.

deruvian 02-04-2005 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by longassname
if you can send the rom from your car to us I can read it and see what EXACTLY is different between the US software and your version. That won't necessarily tell us about the European or Australian SVX's but it's still a step forward in learning the differences in software between countries.
Take one for the team man! Send it to him!

Ciscokid 02-04-2005 08:01 PM

Quote:

if you can send the rom from your car to us

No no...send it to me. I can install it and after 6, 7, even 24 months of rigorous testing, I will give you a full report

:D

SilverSpear 02-07-2005 01:41 AM

Quote:

Longass, if i take the ROM out of my car, how would i drive it then? push it? what i can say is that the chip works perfectly... so be confident guys (outside US) about it...
I can give you the numbers on the ROMs the white sticker F03.... and the other three ROMs beside it...

SilverSpear 02-07-2005 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by michael
Hey Dan this is a little off topic, but could you put a pic of your car in your locker at this angle...
Why is that? Sorry for asking...

michael 02-07-2005 06:20 AM

I hope you're not too sensitive about constructive criticism :( , but I wanted to photoshop off the graphics and add a jdm wing and k-staff bumper.

SilverSpear 02-07-2005 06:30 AM

pls tell me

Guys i wanna ask you something about myself, i have been getting feedback about my character as not respecting anyone in this forum... but i just cannot remember when i offended someone other than the timei began posting on this website... how you see me as a person? uncool? agressive? intolerable? unrespectful? etc......... pls tell me, if i offended anyone on this forum let me know, i am more than happy to apologize to all people in a thread !

longassname 02-07-2005 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by SilverSpear

Longass, if i take the ROM out of my car, how would i drive it then? push it? what i can say is that the chip works perfectly... so be confident guys (outside US) about it...
I can give you the numbers on the ROMs the white sticker F03.... and the other three ROMs beside it...

If you are talking about the correct ROM then you took it out when you installed our memory adaptor. Our adaptor installs in place of the ROM.

SilverSpear 02-07-2005 07:25 AM

I didn't have a ROM there was a thin transparent thing instead, i was talking about the other ROMs (do we call them ROMs? the things on the board?) and on the ECU box on the outside is written J5 instead of M7 (as in your instructions), does it mean anything?

longassname 02-07-2005 07:32 AM

Quote:

I didn't have a ROM there was a thin transparent thing instead, i was talking about the other ROMs (do we call them ROMs? the things on the board?) and on the ECU box on the outside is written J5 instead of M7 (as in your instructions), does it mean anything?
The other chips you are talking about are not ROMs. The #'s on them are just different part #'s. I'm actually not up on the different stickers on the outside of the ECU. Maybe someone else here is.

SilverSpear 02-07-2005 07:37 AM

Quote:

The other chips you are talking about are not ROMs. The #'s on them are just different part #'s. I'm actually not up on the different stickers on the outside of the ECU. Maybe someone else here is.

so what do you want me to check for you to see? which numbers?

longassname 02-07-2005 07:42 AM

Quote:

so what do you want me to check for you to see? which numbers?

Nothing. You most likely do have an ECU with differenet software than the US market but since you don't have a ROM to send to us there is no way of reading that software short of pulling the processor out of your ECU. So now we all just smile and be happy that our software works well for you too.

SilverSpear 02-07-2005 07:47 AM

Quote:

Nothing. You most likely do have an ECU with differenet software than the US market but since you don't have a ROM to send to us there is no way of reading that software short of pulling the processor out of your ECU. So now we all just smile and be happy that our software works well for you too.

I wish there was a ROM in the socket, i would be more than happy to send it to you...
man you are a real ECU wizard, it has eliminated all lag in the car... nice job buddy, keep up the nice tuneup (with somehow lower prices.... STAGE III.... :D )

Phast SVX 02-07-2005 08:56 AM

Quote:

I wish there was a ROM in the socket, i would be more than happy to send it to you...
man you are a real ECU wizard, it has eliminated all lag in the car... nice job buddy, keep up the nice tuneup (with somehow lower prices.... STAGE III.... :D )

Danny,
I met a realllly hot lebonese chick today, you need to tell me how to say something sharp !!! (altough i would most likely mispronounce it :) )
phil

michael 02-07-2005 05:03 PM

Re: pls tell me

Quote:

Guys i wanna ask you something about myself, i have been getting feedback about my character as not respecting anyone in this forum... but i just cannot remember when i offended someone other than the timei began posting on this website... how you see me as a person? uncool? agressive? intolerable? unrespectful? etc......... pls tell me, if i offended anyone on this forum let me know, i am more than happy to apologize to all people in a thread !
Nothing like that, I just don't want you thinking I was dissin' the look of your SVX. I'm not crazy about the imprezza bumper and didn't want to offend you. I have different taste that's all.

SubaSteevo 02-07-2005 06:27 PM

Re: Re: pls tell me

Quote:

Nothing like that, I just don't want you thinking I was dissin' the look of your SVX. I'm not crazy about the imprezza bumper and didn't want to offend you. I have different taste that's all.

K-staff bumper = ugly + expensive = :p

SilverSpear 02-08-2005 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Phast SVX

Danny,
I met a realllly hot lebonese chick today, you need to tell me how to say something sharp !!! (altough i would most likely mispronounce it :) )
phil

Kifik ya helwe = how are you beautiful
Ente ktir jezzebe = you are very attractive
Iyounik besattlo = you got lovely eyes
ANA BHIBBIK = i love you
tell me what you want to say and i will provide you the translation

SilverSpear 02-08-2005 12:45 AM

Re: Re: pls tell me

Quote:

mike, it's all a matter of taste.... like the Motorsport warehouse latest grill, some loved it other didn't... concerning my car, i am working on getting sponsorship from the subaru dealer in lebanon, if i finished all the mods, they will present it at the next Lebanese Motorshow (2005).... from now till the end of the year i must have done newer wheels, newer interior, sound system, finished all outside mods.......
i was gonna let it be a surprise... but why not mentioning it?

SilverSpear 02-08-2005 12:48 AM

Re: Re: Re: pls tell me

Quote:

Originally posted by BurgundyBeast

K-staff bumper = ugly + expensive = :p

my opinion, not ugly at all but little expensive
the K-staff bumper with a nice set of big round foglights will look nice

pnyklr 07-24-2005 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSpear
hey guys, yesterday i decided to install the stage 1 chip in my SVX. I opened the ECU box as required in the instructions but found out that the white sticker on the ROM reads something like F03........ or F30..... (sorry I forgot) instead of F23AYH06 as stated by ECUtune.... is it normal? or is it just me? after an hour of scratching my head, i decided to install it.. after that drove my car, everything was normal, i didn't feel much boost at first but then the power appeared clearly. the lag was minimizing and today i felt the real thing more and more...
am i getting full power of that chip? does the number really matter on the ROM? well i am feeling some kick out of it so far, but i need to know some experts' opinions about the thing... Longassname? anyone?

found the instructions :D