The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Keyless entry (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28032)

PaulSVX 08-24-2005 01:32 PM

Keyless entry

Where can i get a remote transmitter for the keyless entry? and for how much

Earthworm 08-24-2005 01:54 PM

Any Subaru remote will work but if you want an SVX remote check in the For Sale threads for anyone parting out their cars.

ensteele 08-25-2005 01:14 AM

If you do a search, you will also find that a couple of members have tried other remotes that are around $35. and work just like the OEM transmitters.

red95svx 08-25-2005 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earthworm
Any Subaru remote will work but if you want an SVX remote check in the For Sale threads for anyone parting out their cars.

If you want the SVX remote but don't want a used one, you can still buy them brand new from Subaru. They retail for $59.95.

Dave

yellowledbetter 08-25-2005 02:27 PM

i got mine from subaruparts.com. I would recommend against getting one though. They are really cheap and the plastic starts to crack and break with normal use.

immortal_suby 08-25-2005 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulSVX
Where can i get a remote transmitter for the keyless entry? and for how much

I have a brand new aftermarket one that the wife bought me that is supposed to work. It is still in the package as I can't bring myself to use it. If you're interested in one that doesn's say SVX on it I'll test it to guarantee it works and it's yours for $30 shipped.

Other than that, check ebay as OEM used transmitters are on there all the time. Prices range from $40-60 for a good one.

dcarrb 08-26-2005 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowledbetter
i got mine from subaruparts.com. I would recommend against getting one though. They are really cheap and the plastic starts to crack and break with normal use.

Hmm... mine's holding up well, used daily, and when in my pocket it's perpetually battered by the keys, Swiss army knife, and Suby medallion from my old '86 with which it shares a keyring. Judging from it's looks when I got it, it's probably original. Maybe some were made differently.

dcb

alltrac 08-26-2005 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcarrb
Hmm... mine's holding up well, used daily, and when in my pocket it's perpetually battered by the keys, Swiss army knife, and Suby medallion from my old '86 with which it shares a keyring. Judging from it's looks when I got it, it's probably original. Maybe some were made differently.

dcb

Yes, the remotes that Subaru are selling now have a different plastic overlay. The original remotes overlay is more flexible and has a smooth surface. The new ones look the same, but the overlay is prone to cracks and it has a rough texture VS a smooth one.