The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SVX Neon Sign from Lafayette (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14765)

blackbolt94red 12-01-2003 10:24 AM

SVX Neon Sign from Lafayette

Hey kids
It been so long since I logged on I forgot the whole process. Changed jobs last spring, no longer have daily access to computers. The one at home is attached at the hip to my 16 year old daughter, so thats of no use to me.
Wondering, what ever happened to the neon SVX sign I created and had at the Lafayette party? Did it ever get auctioned off?
Still have the '94 LSi but now put 100 miles a day on it going back and forth to work. So sad, it's up to 75K now but still going strong. (except for the visors of course)
Thanks
Bruce

Stevebsy 12-01-2003 11:08 AM

Re: SVX Neon Sign from Lafayette

It is still safe and sound. I think the plan will be to auction it off at Reading this spring.

I hope to be able to figure out a way to hold a live and online auction at the same time by then...Maybe a live auction at the hotel/dinner, and anyone online can bid through the chatroom. We'll just need to get a connection set up to make it happen.

Quote:

Originally posted by blackbolt94red
Hey kids
It been so long since I logged on I forgot the whole process. Changed jobs last spring, no longer have daily access to computers. The one at home is attached at the hip to my 16 year old daughter, so thats of no use to me.
Wondering, what ever happened to the neon SVX sign I created and had at the Lafayette party? Did it ever get auctioned off?
Still have the '94 LSi but now put 100 miles a day on it going back and forth to work. So sad, it's up to 75K now but still going strong. (except for the visors of course)
Thanks
Bruce

LarryIII 12-01-2003 06:05 PM

Bruce,

Good to hear from you.
The neon SVX sign is sitting on Randy's mantle, as far as I know.
Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving.

mikecg 12-01-2003 07:01 PM

Neon Sign??

Can you do a neon rear light? I've been wondering If there would be a way to have the SVX logo no the back to light up at night.

LarryIII 12-02-2003 05:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
For any SVXer who has not seen the neon SVX logo sign, take a look at the attached photo.

CigarJohnny 12-02-2003 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by LarryIII
For any SVXer who has not seen the neon SVX logo sign, take a look at the attached photo.
That is really cool!

blackbolt94red 12-02-2003 08:05 AM

neon sign

The rear SVX light idea is great! Why didn't I think of that?
Sadly, I no longer work in a sign shop.
Larry, thanks for posting that pic. Does anyone by chance have one with all three signatures on it? Remember, Mr. Nagamo (sp?) also signed it.
I wish I had made more of them when I had the resources. I don't think I even have the glass pattern any more. Hindsight being what it is and all.
Bruce

Aredubjay 12-02-2003 08:22 AM

For those of you who may be wondering, the two gentlemen with the sign are members of the original SVX design team and worked with the teams who assembled SVXes in the Gunma plant. The man holding the sign was on the engine team and the other was on the body team.

Mr. Nagano (President of Subaru of Indiana Automotive, Inc -- see their website:http://www.subaru-isuzu.com/), personally sought any SVX people at the SIA plant to visit with us during the great Luncheon and tour they provided us at the 10th Anniversary meet. Mr. Nagano even attended our Club Dinner -- he drove a new Baja (which hadn't been released to the public, yet) for us to peruse. I, personally, was very impressed with Mr. Nagano and his willingness to be a part of our SVX "lunacy."

For those who don't know, SIA, when contacted for their participation in the event, had initially said, "Nice to know you guys are getting together, but, we don't want to participate." When Mr. Nagano, personally, caught wind of the event, it was a new story. He got in touch with his people and said, "You WILL participate, and in a BIG way!" How cool is that! Not to mention, Mr. Nagano's personal translator (he spoke little English), was an SVX owner.

Wow, sorry folks, I'm having a great flood of memory flashbacks! Especially the "Tranny Busted?" billboard across from the entrance to the SIA plant. :D:D:D Dang, that was a good time! :D I'm going to have to have the smile surgically removed from my face . . . . . . again!

LarryIII 12-02-2003 10:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Randy,

Nagano-san sure treated us right

LarryIII 12-02-2003 10:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a photo of Mr. Nagono autographing the ring finger of some awestruck SVXer.

LarryIII 12-02-2003 10:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Randy,

You are soooooooooooooo right. We need another BIG SVX Meet.

I love the smell of alot of SVXes in front of a car manufacturing plant in the morning.

Motorsport-SVX 12-02-2003 06:06 PM

Re: Re: SVX Neon Sign from Lafayette

Quote:

Originally posted by Stevebsy
It is still safe and sound. I think the plan will be to auction it off at Reading this spring.

I hope to be able to figure out a way to hold a live and online auction at the same time by then...Maybe a live auction at the hotel/dinner, and anyone online can bid through the chatroom. We'll just need to get a connection set up to make it happen.

If I cant make the meet, someone call me
on their cell, make it like at the Barret-Jackson auction
:)

Mr. Pockets 12-03-2003 12:23 PM

The looks on Mr. Nagano and his employees' faces at the sight of so many SVXs and SVX owners was worth the trip.

GreenMarine 12-03-2003 02:29 PM

So ya think we could arrange another meet like that sometime soon???

Aredubjay 12-03-2003 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
The looks on Mr. Nagano and his employees' faces at the sight of so many SVXs and SVX owners was worth the trip.
So, so true. I don't think the smiles on the engineer's faces left the whole time we were there. Which reminds me, wonder what a Road and Track Guide to the SVX, autographed by the two engineers will bring in a few years. ;) :D