The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Is your SVX in your Will? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43643)

SVX92-97 03-07-2008 08:54 AM

Is your SVX in your Will?

OK, not meaning to sound dreaful, but we all should have or be seriously thinking about a will. For those of you who have a living will, have you designated who or whom would inherit your SVX, and in Earls case SVX's. Has anyone considered leaving their SVX to the Network.

JaySVX 03-07-2008 09:22 AM

At my age, it's not very practical to have a will, because it's unlikely I'm going to die. i know **** happens sometimes, but eh. My only request thus far that has been officially made is that my computer be destroyed in fire, not thrown out, donated, etc. just destroyed. people thought i was strange, but there's some sensitive information on there.

My SVX, I'd say I wouldn't really care where it went, as long as it wasn't YT. The only reason for that, really, is that I've paid Tom enough in repairs to it that he can buy a few that are nicer, so he already got one from me as far as i'm concerned :D:D:D

WestCoastSVX 03-07-2008 09:37 AM

My daughter gets my SVX because she adores it. She's only 2 right now, but hopefully by the time my will is needed she'll be of driving age - many times over. :o

AlcyoneDaze 03-07-2008 12:40 PM

When I die my SVX be parted out to whoever feels like sweeping it off the road :rolleyes:

mysvxrocks 03-07-2008 12:45 PM

Ill be buried in mine, so I can always take it for a spin when needed :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Mike621 03-07-2008 12:59 PM

Wow, quite the morbid thread...

I'm not sure. Maybe start our own SVXAbilia museum?

Other than Jon, I do not think that any member of family is equipped or would ever be so inclined to take good care of my car in my absence. In the event of Jon's absence, and the non-existence of said museum, I guess it would go to Tom.

Myxalplyx 03-07-2008 04:53 PM

When I die, I'll be a ghostrider. So no, no will! :rolleyes:

bwb3 03-08-2008 06:33 PM

With my cars, I always sign the title in the selling part and leave the rest blank. I am fortunate to have a son who appreciates cars for what they are. Hopefully, that will make the transition smooth. The SVX is already the hit of his school, with no pretence of it being a street racer.

Gene

Rhoujin 03-08-2008 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myxalplyx (Post 533199)
When I die, I'll be a ghostrider. So no, no will! :rolleyes:

ditto

I'm thinking graveyard meets :)

sicksubie 03-08-2008 09:15 PM

Lets just say I have the luckiest 13 year old brother should anything happen to me....

PaulDexler 03-09-2008 06:24 PM

Where it will go (?)

My daughter is supposed to get everything in my will, but I don't think I'll leave her the cars. She says all I have are three POS vehicles, so I'll let them go to somewhere where they'll be appreciated. First choice, the Petersen Automotive Museum. Second choice, the Automobile Driving Museum, and third choice, the Nethercutt Museum. I want them to go somewhere where they'll be kept and enjoyed by the visitors. What I like is that Nethercutt does not sell off their cars, but keeps them, maintains them, drives them, and eventually, does a world-class restoration if they need it. Petersen often sells off cars, the Driving Museum maintains them and uses them occasionally. Happily, I'll have some time to think about it for a while.
Paul