The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   When driving a non-svx, do you find yourself doing this? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=36242)

Ricochet 11-24-2006 04:12 AM

When driving a non-svx, do you find yourself doing this?

While driving my girlfriend's car I'd always lift my foot off the pedal then floor it as if to put it in power mode.. :rolleyes: :)

SilverSpear 11-24-2006 04:19 AM

True!! especially when driving a Toyota Rav4 (for my GF) in an uphill!

mikecg 11-24-2006 04:58 AM

:o Everytime I drive my fathers Trailblazer SS I try to push the clutch in when stopping. (Both my SVX and Nissan are 6-speeds)

michael 11-24-2006 05:16 AM

No, but I find myself ducking my hand down to avoid hitting the nonexistant piece of glass in the window when I throw something out.

Speedklix 11-24-2006 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michael
No, but I find myself ducking my hand down to avoid hitting the nonexistant piece of glass in the window when I throw something out.

Once in a while i reach for the upper window while resting my arm on the door and become briefly confused when it isn't there. When I get into lower cars, I find myself twisting in an odd manner and I think it is because I was used to squezing under the steering wheel while sliding under the safty belt :) I have reconnected it since, but still grab it even in the svx..

Landshark 11-24-2006 08:32 AM

i did for a short time in the LGT out of habit, but it actually goes when you hit the juice pedal. :D :p

shelfy 11-24-2006 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark
i did for a short time in the LGT out of habit, but it actually goes when you hit the juice pedal. :D :p

gosh, i miss that feeling. howevwer, there's an RBP non-limited 5eat wagon in boulder for sale with a great price tag! :D

Suby Fan 11-24-2006 09:36 AM

when im in other cars i just get annoyed by their goofy window design :D

Landshark 11-24-2006 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelfy
gosh, i miss that feeling. howevwer, there's an RBP non-limited 5eat wagon in boulder for sale with a great price tag! :D

stage 2 tomorrow! it'll be a 5EAT STI killer. :D

demonsvx 11-24-2006 10:53 AM

I usually find myself listening FOR the wheel bearings:D or carefully letting down the trunklid so it doesnt slam.

rallyingrob 11-24-2006 01:27 PM

i just cant get over GETTING where i'm GOING...........

is it just me........?

( i'm KIDDING !!!!)

check engine light came on in the family truckster wednesday (2001 grand caravan "sport"....another oxymoron........)

turned out the mrs didnt tighten the gas cap fully..........

sighhhhhhh
why cant svx cel's be so easy ?????????????????????

LOL

shelfy 11-25-2006 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark
stage 2 tomorrow! it'll be a 5EAT STI killer. :D

oh yeah! i forgot to mention it's already stage 1. :)

NikFu S. 11-25-2006 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricochet
While driving my girlfriend's car I'd always lift my foot off the pedal then floor it as if to put it in power mode.. :rolleyes: :)

I do that in the Caravan but nothing ever happens. ):

Crazy_pilot 11-25-2006 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikFu S.
I do that in the Caravan but nothing ever happens. ):

LOL. It's a Caravan. No matter what you do nothing happens. Well, I guess with the amount of body movement and weight transfer in the 06's it's easy enough to squeal the tires.

Nemesis Destiny 11-25-2006 08:24 PM

I've noticed that there are some cars besides the SVX whose transmissions respond similiarly to the "double tap" to activate "power" mode. Sure, they don't flash a cool green light at you to let you know what's going on, but they still work the same. Can't remember which makes/models; I drive upwards of 20 different cars every day at work. I can say that the ones that do it aren't all users of the 4EAT.