The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   im back in iraq (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26423)

Subaru_Newbie 05-25-2005 10:42 PM

im back in iraq

woo hoo im back in this hell hole... anyway i had a great two weeks off with my wife daughter dog and svx... got alot of work done... cant wait to come home in 7 months and see the exterior complete... then it time to track down a 4.44 tranny!!!!!!!!!!!! my father (inlaws) friend is building an AC cobra in his home shop and he will help me out with the swap... plus he's got a lift and hes gonna let me help him with the cobra... i just wanna drive it!!!

ensteele 05-25-2005 11:46 PM

Be careful over there. :)

Rd96SVX 05-26-2005 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele
Be careful over there. :)

yeah!!!, and be sure to kick some terrorist A$$ while you're doing that....

914helo 05-26-2005 12:16 AM

Best of luck in country. It's been a couple of years since I've been to the sandbox, and it seems to be getting worse. Looking forward to hearing you made it home safe. :)

mohrds 05-26-2005 08:15 AM

Be safe and remember we are thankful for your exhausting work there.

Doug

Landshark 05-26-2005 08:56 AM

stay safe over there, and thank you for the tremendous sacrifice you are making for us - it is much appreciated.

good luck with the four-tire-screeching tranny, too. :D

CigarJohnny 05-26-2005 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mohrds

Doug

Ditto! God Bless You.

Alycone 05-26-2005 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ensteele

Be careful over there.
And hurry home to your SVX (and family). :)

Chiketkd 05-27-2005 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mohrds

Doug

Agreed. God Bless!

-Chike

JeffN 05-28-2005 03:59 PM

You have all our best wishes here.

SVX-FF 05-28-2005 11:54 PM

You and your brothers/sisters are doing a great job over there. Thanks from a firefighter.

Remember...
Wave to the fly boys. Yes they are your friends :D

If you hear a morter coming... run :p

And if you hear gun fire... shoot back :eek:

j/k be safe and God bless

Steve

Subaru_Newbie 06-03-2005 10:10 AM

me again

hey, i dont think you guys really know how much it means for me to here that. alot of people don't agree with why were over here. I was over here during the invasion as the spearhead of my division moving north from kuwait and we saw plenty of action. but now you basically drive around all day in a heavy slow humvee and try not to get blown up with the road side bombs that litter our area. i just hope when we come home this time we dont get treated like we did when we returned from the war. i've never been spat on or been called a baby killer so much in my life. people dont realize that this is a job. just because we do what were told doesnt meen we belive in it. anyway im just a 22 year old newlywed new father (5 month old) who missed his 1st anniversary (today) and will miss his daughters first christmas and birthday, including my birthday and wives. im a normal guy who wants to get out and work on cars go to school and make a living like everyone else. anyway enough of my ranting i just hope people are open minded about what we do... and no matter how much we talk about it no one will understand what we go thru on a daily basis. as far as killing terrorists! i wish i could find them... they hide with a cell phone or wireless door bell anything to use as a trigger for the 155mm artillery round bombs... they blow them and run away hiding in buildings... basically you never see them... but were gonna go kick down some doors and flip some matresses tonight so who knows...

Duckie 06-03-2005 11:14 AM

It doesn't matter if we agree with you being over there. I have led several protests against the war and I do think it is bullcrap that we are over there. However, I support the troops 110% and always wish for you guys to remain safe while over there. May every bullet miss you, may every explosive be a dud, and most importantly remember to not run faster than your guardian angel can fly.

sicksubie 06-03-2005 12:47 PM

You cannot negotiate peace with evil people. They still remain evil people. I know it may sound shocking but, it's true. You only get peace by getting rid of evil people. It is a sad state that we live in today with Iraq and Afghanistan, and the Middle East. Unfortunately we are the last bastion of freedom. My dad used to work in NYC and he lost a lot of friends in Tower 2. I don't know about the rest of America but, I will never forget the pictures of people dancing in the streets in Afghanistan as 3,500+ fathers, mothers, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, perished. 3,500 people that never did anything in their lives to harm anybody. That was the only time in my life that I saw my dad cry. I was only 15 at the time and those images will forever be engraved in my mind.
Oh, and newbie. If anyone dares to call you a baby killer I have two comebacks. First tell them that you kill baby killers and if they scoff tell them you can email them pictures of Kurdish infants swollen to the point that they look like basketballs from Sadam testing his biological weapons. Or you can use this one. "If you want to talk about killing babies how about all of the ones that have gotten MURDERED since Roe V Wade." Hmmmmm. Just some food for thought. Just stay safe and get back home to your family