The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   As a favor to the moderators... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16909)

Mr. Pockets 03-02-2004 10:40 PM

As a favor to the moderators...

As everybody is no doubt aware by now, we increased the number of moderators on this site a few weeks ago. I think that's a good thing, and I think we're better able to serve this site now.

I realize we haven't yet posted any written standards, like rules of conduct, but we're working on it. Please bear with us.

In the meantime, we'd all appreciate it if you'd all please help police yourselves. If you don't agree with somebody, please keep your rebuttal civil. If you take offense to somebody's post, whether it was directed at you or not, please just hit the 'report post to a moderator' button, instead of retaliating. The former choice helps us a lot more than the latter.

I don't mean to make it sound like we're trying to control the chaos. This site is very civil overall and I'm very proud of that fact.

Thanks.

Seraph 03-02-2004 10:58 PM

The new mods have been busy (learning a whole new BBS) and keeping things under control.

Give'em a big hand and like Nick said, use the report button or PM the person.

Noir 03-02-2004 10:59 PM

good idea nick. should add what types of offense can be taken into consideration. i mean everyone can get offended for a variety of poor reasons. i.e. i'm offended because you don't like my cute bunny. :D

come to think of it, since moderators will be moderating the forums, i guess you will decide if that particular post is offensive. so the question will be if you will delete all offensive posts to the individual or ones that you feel is offensive and not the person complaining.

either way :D thanks for your time in watching the forums moderators. hats off to you :D

SubaSteevo 03-03-2004 07:22 AM

I find Noir's icon offensive....

who would even want to touch a Honda? :D :p

P.S. Thanks mods!

Noir 03-03-2004 01:26 PM

acutally, that avatar can have two meanings, a negative one and a good one. :D

i'm just giving honda some much needed loving :D.

CDG 03-03-2004 01:53 PM

I would say this site gets a 14A rating, for the most-part. Even a G rating could apply these days.

I know moderating is a lot of work and we should all apprciate the time our Mod's spend.

svxistentialist 03-03-2004 03:12 PM

Loving, eh?

Quote:

Originally posted by Noir
acutally, that avatar can have two meanings, a negative one and a good one. :D

i'm just giving honda some much needed loving :D.

Well don't that beat all. And I thought you were just giving them an earful.

:rolleyes: :D

Aredubjay 03-05-2004 12:26 PM

Re: Loving, eh?

Quote:

Originally posted by svxistentialist

Well don't that beat all. And I thought you were just giving them an earful.

:rolleyes: :D

Ooooo. Kinky. :D

Noir 03-05-2004 12:32 PM

we like the kink :D

svxistentialist 03-05-2004 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Noir
we like the kink :D
'ear 'ear 'arry.

:D

MikeInd 03-08-2004 08:25 PM

Agreement......

I agree. We are all here because we want to drive one of the most unique cars ever made...in my opion.

This site has saved me...and alot of you tons of money.

We are small community "SUBARU" against the MONSTER's like Honda etc.

We need to try and stick together.

Please do not put someone down because they might not know what you know.

I really enjoy talking and reading the post here.

It would be nice someday to have a NATIONAL meet and see enveryone face to face...

Aredubjay 03-09-2004 08:09 AM

Re: Agreement......

Quote:

Originally posted by MikeInd
It would be nice someday to have a NATIONAL meet and see enveryone face to face...

Mike,
If you'd looked out your front window in July, 2002, you'd seen about 80, or so, of us passing by your house on our way to the Speedway. :) Too bad you joined us so late. Check folk's lockers for 10th Anniversary Meet Photos. Sure wish you'd been there.
O'course, you're close enough that we could possibly have a decent get together in your area. I know that Todd (wawazat??) is fond of and familiar with the area.

Interestingly, I have a gas station receipt stuck on my computer -- a souvenir from the meet. It's from the station at 9599 Meridian in Indianapolis. It has a note at the top, where "promotional notes" usually go. It says, "God Bless Our Victims -- RWJ Companies" Just a few lines down, it has my name: Randy W. Johnson (Initials RWJ = Are Dub Jay). I just thought it was neat. :D

Mr. Pockets 03-10-2004 03:57 PM

Re: Re: Agreement......

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay
Mike,
If you'd looked out your front window in July, 2002, you'd seen about 80, or so, of us passing by your house on our way to the Speedway. :)

Amber just took about a dozen rolls of film to Sam's to be developed. Some are from years ago, and two rolls turned out to have 10th Anniversary Meet photos on them. :D

Aredubjay 03-10-2004 04:12 PM

Re: Re: Re: Agreement......

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

Amber just took about a dozen rolls of film to Sam's to be developed. Some are from years ago, and two rolls turned out to have 10th Anniversary Meet photos on them. :D

Cool! You're gonna share, right? :D

BTW, what was the total bill?:eek:

Mr. Pockets 03-11-2004 09:12 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Agreement......

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

Cool! You're gonna share, right? :D

BTW, what was the total bill?:eek:

Not nearly as bad as the last time she took our stockpile. That was about 30 rolls of film and cost around $80. These dozen rolls were the ones that somehow escaped or had been burned through since then.