The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Two rare cars.....one designer...one road (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5240)

red95svx 08-05-2002 03:10 PM

Two rare cars.....one designer...one road

I was sitting in my SVX outside of a friends home this morning. I was going to take her to an interview, and she needed a couple more minutes to get ready. So I sat there watching the cars go by when all of the sudden a low, wide car appeared. Being a big DeLorean fan, I recognized it immediately. Sure enough, I was right. I sat there with my mouth wide open as the silver beauty approached me and slowed down. It turns out he was looking at the SVX! Maybe he recognized it, maybe he saw that I had similar windows. Who knows. Just goes to show you that even people that drive head turners are not impervious to doing some head turning themselves!! How often do two different Guigiaro cars share the same road?

David

Seraph 08-05-2002 03:35 PM

Re: Two rare cars.....one designer...one road

Quote:

Originally posted by red95svx
I was sitting in my SVX outside of a friends home this morning. I was going to take her to an interview, and she needed a couple more minutes to get ready. So I sat there watching the cars go by when all of the sudden a low, wide car appeared. Being a big DeLorean fan, I recognized it immediately. Sure enough, I was right. I sat there with my mouth wide open as the silver beauty approached me and slowed down. It turns out he was looking at the SVX! Maybe he recognized it, maybe he saw that I had similar windows. Who knows. Just goes to show you that even people that drive head turners are not impervious to doing some head turning themselves!! How often do two different Guigiaro cars share the same road?

David

There is a delorean for sale near my house with 8000 original miles and asking 22,000 USD. Want one?

- L

249SVX 08-05-2002 06:45 PM

Re: Two rare cars.....one designer...one road

Quote:

Originally posted by red95svx
How often do two different Guigiaro cars share the same road?

David

Almost every weekend in the summer when my buddy has his 'D' running.:D

nordique14 08-05-2002 06:50 PM

now all you need to do is find a BMW M1. It's also Guigiaro designed. Definitely a family resemblance. Has gullwing doors, if I'm not mistaken.

Cheers,
Matt

DavieGravy 08-05-2002 07:04 PM

The other day, I was parked next to a Brinkley. (As I think it's called. Please excuse me if I misspelled the name.). The DeLorean without the split windows, not sold under the name "DeLorean". What a Beautiful car. Oldish looking style, but very eye catching. I would liked to have talked to the guy but I was in a rush to get back to the office. How often does one get to do a side by side comparison with one of these and an SVX?

Dave

249SVX 08-05-2002 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DavieGravy
The other day, I was parked next to a Brinkley. (As I think it's called. Please excuse me if I misspelled the name.). The DeLorean without the split windows, not sold under the name "DeLorean". What a Beautiful car. Oldish looking style, but very eye catching. I would liked to have talked to the guy but I was in a rush to get back to the office. How often does one get to do a side by side comparison with one of these and an SVX?

Dave

Do you mean 'Bricklin'? Not sure if there is any relation to that and the 'D'. Could very well be wrong though. :confused:

Ron Mummert 08-05-2002 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 249SVX

Do you mean 'Bricklin'? Not sure if there is any relation to that and the 'D'. Could very well be wrong though. :confused:

The Bricklin (Mid '70s) was either designed or imported by Malcolm Bricklin, but I don't really recall which.

Ron.

Beav 08-05-2002 09:10 PM

Ahh yes....the Bricklin...the car that's tag line read: "Help! I've gotten in but I can't get out!" Also the same man that brought you the Yugo. I doubt that he and John D could raise the money to build a weedeater. There is a hope for humanity... ;)

249SVX 08-05-2002 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Beav
Ahh yes....the Bricklin...the car that's tag line read: "Help! I've gotten in but I can't get out!" Also the same man that brought you the Yugo. I doubt that he and John D could raise the money to build a weedeater. There is a hope for humanity... ;)
Wasn't he also involved with Fiat/Bertone and Subaru?

Mr. Pockets 08-06-2002 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Beav
Malcolm Bricklin was the man to originally bring Subaru to the US. He imported the 360. :D

Vern! 08-06-2002 09:09 AM

Somewhere in my archives I have a picture of my SVX giving a jump-start to a Delorian. His battery died while he was fueling, and I happened to have pulled up at the pump behind him. The battery in a DMC is in the back making it extra trouble free for me to lend a hand.

LarryIII 08-06-2002 10:44 AM

Malcom Bricklin was a furniture salesman in northeast Philadelphia. He is one of the founders of SOA. He was forced out and then conned First Pennsylvania Bank into loaning him $5 million to manufacture the Bricklin.

1994SubaruSVX 08-07-2002 08:54 AM

anyone remember the Bradley....??

i think it was a kit car. probably a knock off of the Delorean.

DavieGravy 08-07-2002 06:24 PM

My mistake. That's what I was told about the Bricklin.

Boone 08-07-2002 06:32 PM

Woo Hoo! :p :rolleyes: http://bricklin.org/