The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   OT- FHI's offspring? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3724)

alacrity024 04-18-2002 03:48 PM

OT- FHI's offspring?

hey there.. I got to wondering if there are any "subaru clones" out there.. you know, Honda Passport/Isuzu Trooper (I think), Mitsubishi Eclipse/Eagle Talon.. have there ever been any subaru's rebadged as anything else? I've seen a couple of suzuki wagons.. maybe isuzu wagons come to think of it.. that look an awful lot like legacy's.. Anyone?

-a

Mr. Pockets 04-18-2002 03:54 PM

Re: OT- FHI's offspring?

Quote:

Originally posted by alacrity024
hey there.. I got to wondering if there are any "subaru clones" out there.. you know, Honda Passport/Isuzu Trooper (I think), Mitsubishi Eclipse/Eagle Talon.. have there ever been any subaru's rebadged as anything else? I've seen a couple of suzuki wagons.. maybe isuzu wagons come to think of it.. that look an awful lot like legacy's.. Anyone?

-a

Not that I know of in the US. And the only example of Subaru rebadging another manufacturer's car (that I know of) is the current generation Justy, which is a Suzuki Swift. That's also not in the states, of course.

The closest thing to rebadged Subarus is GM's purchase of Subaru AWD technology. And what a brilliant investment - they're throwing it into their stupid 'rally car' thing. Yeah, when we think of rallying we definitely think of GM.

Earthworm 04-18-2002 04:03 PM

I believe that the Suzuki Swift and Subaru Justy are related. (Not in North America though)

Here's a link I found:

http://www.used-subaru-cars.co.uk/subarujusty.htm

Earthworm 04-18-2002 04:05 PM

wish I could type faster

Seraph 04-18-2002 04:41 PM

Uh... DUH!

Neon and WRX -- Look at those headlights

uhg!

Lwin

Green1995SVX 04-18-2002 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraph
Uh... DUH!

Neon and WRX -- Look at those headlights

uhg!

Lwin

Ugh... both horribly ugly cars.

-Mike

Royal Tiger 04-18-2002 07:50 PM

I read that Subaru is strongly considering redoing the front of the Impreza/WRX as it hasn't gotten many rave reviews. Also the STi headlights got ripped in Automobile magazine in a comparision between the WRX STi and the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VII which will be on sale in America soon. Mitsu is longer, wider, weighs less, and has more HP and Torque.

Dan

paddlesnz 04-18-2002 08:54 PM

Re: OT- FHI's offspring?

Quote:

Originally posted by alacrity024

-a

Here in Japan, Subaru used to sell a version of the Isuzu Trooper. Now they currently sell the Subaru Traviq, which is a rebadged Opel MPV, made in Thailand.

paddlesnz
JAPAN

Green1995SVX 04-18-2002 09:04 PM

dum da da!

Once again, Paddles to the rescue! :)

-Mike

I_Alcyone_I 04-18-2002 09:44 PM

in the states the only one is the suzuki esteem, which looks exactly like a legacy. Which is a very nice looking car.

SVXMAN2001 04-19-2002 08:21 AM

I'd have to say that after looking at the wrx from the front that is, it sort of reminds me of a porshe, the front headlights part that is. I found the car to be of a kind of design that grows on you. I didn't care for it at first but love it. It in no way compares to the svx though.

Green1995SVX 04-19-2002 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by SVXMAN2001
I'd have to say that after looking at the wrx from the front that is, it sort of reminds me of a porshe, the front headlights part that is. I found the car to be of a kind of design that grows on you. I didn't care for it at first but love it. It in no way compares to the svx though.
Chris,

I'm still waiting for it to grow on me... do i need to put some kinda fertalizer on it or something? :confused:

-Mike:D

Green1995SVX 04-19-2002 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by SVXMAN2001
It in no way compares to the svx though.
Crappy econobox? or sexy italian designed luxo-tourer... yea you're right. :D

-Mike

MartyMcFly 04-19-2002 10:07 AM

Justy

That's what the Austrian's drive, if they say they own an
Subaru Justy.
I think there is a new generation now and it really looks like
a Suzuki Swift.
But I hate both of the cars. Small, bad looking, horrible cars.
But the Justy has 4WD :)

http://www.subaru.at/frame/index.htm

mfg hrc

MartyMcFly 04-19-2002 10:09 AM

I forgot to say...

...that you first have to click on "Modelle" to choose the Justy :)