The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New here, have a few questions (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3305)

RS VR-4 03-25-2002 09:56 AM

New here, have a few questions

Hello
I am currently considering a SVX for my next car and had a few questions. I tried searching but I couldnt find anything. First of all, how functional are the back seats in these cars? Can you fit a babyseat back there and still put the front seat back? I can fit a babyseat in the back of my vr-4 but the front seat wont go all the way back.:( Secondly, I will be driving the car about 100 miles per day to work, is this car a good choice for long commutes? And lastly I dont plan on any major mods (for now) but how well does this car respond to basic things like intake exhaust? Thanks for all your help
Ryan

Green1995SVX 03-25-2002 10:02 AM

Dont have an expierance with a child seat so i cant answer that. These cars really shine on the highway - thats what they're designed for. high speed cruising. VERY comfy. I have an intake, but i think it may have hurt performance. The stock intake system is fairly efficiant.

-Mike

PS - which engine does your fiero have?

RS VR-4 03-25-2002 10:07 AM

2.8 v6 built for twin turbo. I have the turbos I just need intercooler and injectors.

jscorse 03-25-2002 10:42 AM

Kid seats.

YUP! I keep my 4YO's booster seat in the car, but I've had a full infant seat in there as well.

I drive 42miles one way to work, and I would wish for NO other car for this drive. Wonderful car ALL year round.

Adults are fine in the backseats as well.

Get one and you WILL be a satified customer.

RS VR-4 03-25-2002 10:53 AM

:D That is what I wanted to hear because I am really interested in purchasing one. Thanks!

jscorse 03-25-2002 11:12 AM

oh and another thing

I just noticed that you have a 3000GT. I see why you are concerned about the back seats... or lack thereof.

RS VR-4 03-25-2002 11:27 AM

Ya
the 3000gt has something that looks like a back seat but there is no way anyone is going to sit back there. They should have just made the car a 2 seater and saved some weight. Thats ok that is my "project" car so I dont take the family anywhere in it anyway.

wasions 03-25-2002 12:37 PM

Re: Kid seats.

Quote:

Originally posted by jscorse

I drive 42miles one way to work, and I would wish for NO other car for this drive. Wonderful car ALL year round.

Adults are fine in the backseats as well.

I agree, there's no better (or safer) car for a long commute - but I'm still glad mine is no longer being used that way.

About the adults in the back seat - better be under 5'8". If I sat back there very long, I would need physical therapy on my neck. :eek: