The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   and my hopes were utterly crushed... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4152)

srmifer 05-14-2002 11:49 PM

and my hopes were utterly crushed...

when after 69 days of not having my car...with arguing with firestone and still not getting a cent (looks like my summer will be spent visiting a court or two)...scraping up money for a new engine...waiting for an engine...getting a subaru reman installed...and then being told i would have it back this afternoon.......I STILL DON'T HAVE MY CAR!!!!! :mad: i called in and the subaru ppl told me that it's still running terribly...whatever that means. i was told the tech was unable to pull any trouble codes...and he thinks my computer is shot b/c of it. question...if you go through the whole trouble code thing...and nothing happens...can that mean that the computer is sensing that nothing is wrong?? b/c when i had my car taken from me over two months ago...the gas needle was on empty. there were probably 3 gallons in there...but i imagine there's quite a bit of condensation in there (with freezes and thaws)...plus, i doubt there's much gas left. i was told they didn't put any gas in...but they'd 'check on that tomorrow.' if it turns out to be that, there's no way i'm paying for this extra day's labor. argh!!! another question...what affect would running the car with thrown bearings have to the computer? the thing has been without power for about two months (i think i have the visor short)...could it still remember the last time it was running with thrown bearings and it's just something that has to be driven out??? this post got really long...i'm sorry...it's very jumbled b/c i'm tired...and it's a cross between general and technical. sorries!!! but any ideas/input/etc would be great! 'night!

srmifer 05-14-2002 11:54 PM

oh...and to make it worse...

it was beautiful out today!!! and this morning i went out and picked up all sorts of goodies for my baby...new wax...paint chip cover up kit thingie from the dealer...cordless soldering iron...heat shrink tubing...leather conditioner......and i had to sadly put them all back into their bags this afternoon to save them for another day... :(

Bwana 05-15-2002 07:58 AM

That sucks Smirfy. Hope you get it back soon, and it's running smooth. Good luck.

Aredubjay 05-15-2002 08:08 AM

The downside of the self-diagnostics is, that it doesn't read mechanical problems unless they are somehow tied to a sensor. Does that make sense? Although there are sensors for nearly everything, there is the possibility of a mechanical problem getting past them. If a knock sensor doesn't detect a knock, or a crank angle sensor sees no variance in the crank angle, and even if voltage is *just* within tolerance, though a part is faulty, you won't get a code.

If the needle on the gas guage was just *at* E, you had a lot of gas left, but, if it was buried into the letter E, you could be at the bottom of the tank.

I can't really address the "thrown bearings" issue. I've never "thrown" any. :D

Hopefully this will all be sorted out soon. I thought my 30 day ordeal was bad, but, 69?!?!?! :eek: