The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Stolen: '92 Black SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14918)

henryb 12-08-2003 06:12 AM

Stolen: '92 Black SVX

I would like to let everyone know that our 1992 Black SVX has been stolen from our driveway last night. We live in Whitby, Ontario in Canada. It has Ontario license plates: "D HENRY".

Apparently, they broke the window on the drivers side to gain entrance... reminants of broken glass left behind on our driveway.

If anyone has any information about this incident, please contact me ASAP. The last 6 digits of the VIN are 109462.

Thanks...

Seraph 12-08-2003 08:27 AM

Sorry to hear that.

I'll keep a look out for a black SVX with that vin. ALso start checking Ebay for black SVX parts.

henryb 12-08-2003 08:48 AM

Thanks for the feedback about ebay. I will definitely keep a close eye on ebay!!!

If anyone else notices a string of SVX parts coming from the Durham region (East of Toronto)... such as: Whitby, Ajax, Pickering, Oshawa, Bowmanville, Uxbridge ... please don't hesitate to let me know.

If they are planning to dismantle it for parts... it would have been a parts guy dream... it was in immaculate condition... it looked like the previous owner never winter drove the car... the engine bay was perfect, no corrosion anywhere!... even the bottom of the car was spotless! Last year when I did the timing belt, every bolt cracked loose, just like it was built yesterday!!! I really hope the police can find it.

Seraph 12-08-2003 09:23 AM

Put it this way, with so few SVXes around we'll know if parts start appearing.

Mr. Pockets 12-08-2003 10:06 AM

Brent,

I'm really sorry to hear about your SVX. With any luck, it was just stolen by joy riders and not people looking to sell parts. Even though it's a 'flashy' car, it's not that big of a target for theft - there just aren't that many of them, so a stolen one doesn't go unnoticed like a Camry or an Accord.

I hope you get it back soon.

CigarJohnny 12-08-2003 10:51 AM

I am so sorry to hear that, Brent. Hopefully the police will locate your car abandoned within a day or two. With any luck they will not have vandalised it too badly. :( An SVX is not a likely target for car strippers. It is more likely it was stolen for a good old fashioned joy ride.

My heart goes out for you though. Best of luck. Keep us updated.

henryb 12-08-2003 11:11 AM

Thank you everyone for all of your kind words, it is much appreciated. I too hope that it is located soon (without much damage).

Thanks again,

Aredubjay 12-08-2003 01:33 PM

Gosh darn it! <witholding my typical, among friends, response>, this just burns me up!!! As if they didn't know that they'd be spotted quickly. As for joy rides, isn't that what parent's cars are for? (Not that I condone such things, nor, would I want my 15 year old son taking off in my SVX). Sheesh. If they're caught, beatn's too good for 'em.

Brent, hope you get 'er back soon and that the perpetrators are delt with in quick fashion.

Nemesis Destiny 12-08-2003 02:22 PM

Damn, that sucks, man. If they head up north, I'll set up a sting operation and get your car back. Seriously, I hope this ends well and that they haven't abused 'er too badly.

GreenMarine 12-08-2003 02:51 PM

Dude!!!! What the F**k is this?!?!?!? Mine got broken into two weekends ago and now another one, only this one was stolen?!?!?! Instead of "Tis the season to be jolly" I think they are looking at it like "Tis the season to piss off SVX owners" fa lalala, la lalala.... Stupid gay thievs!!!! Let me ever catch someone trying to steal something from me or someone I know... I don't care if it is my best friend, they will get the piss beat outta them!!!!

SHISVX 12-08-2003 02:54 PM

dirty bastards, i hope they catch the creeps and hang them by their toenails!

Kelli :mad:

Aredubjay 12-08-2003 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SHISVX
dirty bastards, i hope they catch the creeps and hang them by their toenails!

Kelli :mad:

Gee, you're getting soft in your old age. Toenails?:D

arondale 12-08-2003 04:53 PM

Yes, it sucks, but fortunately SVX make up less than 1% of the vehicles in your area and should be much easier to track down.

Ebay was a great suggestion. Also check the following and you will either a) get your car back b) catch that ******.

1) Check with ALL the surrounding Subaru Dealerships and window repair shops in search for an order for a SVX window and SVX keys/ignition units. I'm guessing that would require proof of insurance, finance, or title to so so. Chances are, if they are going to keep it to drive they will repair it and (which brings us to #2)..
2) Check with local paint shops. More than likely they will try and give the car a cheap paintjob to quickly change the color.
3) Also check with junk yards for your car. They might try and sell it for quick cash.
4) If they sell to a private party and you have filled out a report with the correct VIN #, it should be flagged and they won't be able to get insurance.
5) I'm guessing it won't end up in a used car lot b/c they won't have keys or a title!

Be sure to offer money for solid information, like $50-100 cash, and be very nice to every one you talk with. Give them an incentive to call you back. Buy a notepad and write down all the places you've called, times you've called, people you've spoken with, and any leads... it will be nice to have it all together.

Good luck.

ww111 12-08-2003 05:03 PM

Also keep an eye on traderonline.com and hemmings.com. It could have been "Stolen-to-order" I'd tell the local Subaru shops and the auto glass stores nearby as well. they're not going to drive around with a garbage bag on the car for long in that part of the world. Good luck...

Collins
Want a 92 pearlie?

henryb 12-08-2003 06:04 PM

I am overwhelmed by all of the great help that everyone has provided. Thank you all very much!

With all of the excellent suggestions, I will definitely follow-up... and with any luck, catch the culprits red-handed!!! Now that wouldn't be too satisfying eh???

I'll call local auto body shops or quick paint shop places. I have already called the local Subaru dealer to keep his eyes out for an SVX driver window order!

Thanks again, it is much appreciated!