The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Once upon a time owner checking in (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=51000)

lee 07-19-2009 12:59 PM

Once upon a time owner checking in

Good Day to any and all who might remember me.

I still have the Toyota MR2 Spyder I bought to replace the SVX (something about low production numbers seems to draw me).

Anyway, I look in here from time to time with some find memories of a great group of people. My continued best wishes for the faithful.

So, what I really want to post about... Does Earl really own 18? Unbelievably cool. :cool:

SilverSpear 07-19-2009 01:11 PM

Re: Once upon a time owner checking in

Oh yeah... you the traitor.... who sold his soul to the devil!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_YguzGB6vlF...0/waterboy.jpg

No J/K, welcome back, hope you sell the MR2 and buy an SVX again :p

Green1995SVX 07-19-2009 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lee (Post 610118)

I still have the Toyota MR2 Spyder I bought to replace the SVX (something about low production numbers seems to draw me).

Anyway, I look in here from time to time with some find memories of a great group of people. My continued best wishes for the faithful.

So, what I really want to post about... Does Earl really own 18? Unbelievably cool. :cool:

Glad to hear from you, Lee. What happened to your SVX?

BoxerFanatic 07-19-2009 02:20 PM

SVX or MR2...

I would someday love to figure out how to shoehorn an EG33 with a lateral only (FWD, would be RWD on a mid-engined layout...) manual gearbox into an SW20 MR2 t-roof coupe.

I think the axle line might be a bit too close to the firewall for the length of the engine. Maybe an STI EJ257 twin-scroll turbo...

Mike621 07-19-2009 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lee (Post 610118)

Welcome Back.

I really do like those MR2s... what year is yours? I once had the chance to buy one, but bought a Miata instead. Now I am back to two SVXs... Maybe I'll look again sometime.

Its nice to hear from older members. We have had a good bit of turnover lately...

lee 07-19-2009 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike621 (Post 610134)
Welcome Back.

I really do like those MR2s... what year is yours? ...

Thanks, it's a 2002. Since it's a daily driver, just the tiniest bit of engine and suspension mods have been done. Installed a hardtop I had imported from Toyota of Japan to upgrade the long distance drive characteristics. Still a long, long way from SVX type GT driving, but since drives to Cape Canaveral & back mean ~75 miles a day to/from work, 32mpg on regular was most welcome when gas hit $4/gal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoxerFanatic (Post 610131)
I would someday love to figure out how to shoehorn an EG33 with a lateral only (FWD, would be RWD on a mid-engined layout...) manual gearbox into an SW20 MR2 t-roof coupe.

I've been lately looking into the locost web forum, considering a rear engined open-wheeled unit. Have some frame plans in hand - need to take the local Comm College welding classes...The EG33 with a FWD transaxle, located in the rear as you suggest would be a VERY interesting ride.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green1995SVX (Post 610127)
Glad to hear from you, Lee. What happened to your SVX?

daluvabul (sp?), flew in from Texas with cash and drove it back. Heard from him a few weeks ago, he asked which axle ratio it had (I swapped to the 4.10 after my second tranny failure)

While I'm back might as well give a shout out to oab_au - Gid'ay Harvey my friend, hope all is well. My wife won't "let" me ride my Norton anymore. I'm not sure if she is worried about me falling off in a senior moment, or all the other old & blind codgers out there running me over in their great road demons (also locally known as Mercury Gran Marquis).

oab_au 07-19-2009 05:29 PM

Gid'ay Mate, good to see you come in the door this time, instead of look through the window. :D
What no more escapes from the family, riding the Norton:eek:. Thats the trouble with wives they lose their nerve, as they mature.:lol:
Are the house repairs keeping ahead of the cyclones?

Cheers Harvey.

svxistentialist 07-19-2009 05:48 PM

Hi there Lee :D

Nice to see you back again.

Won't let you ride the Norton, eh? It's a lack of confidence epidemic that affects women only. :rolleyes: Not swine flu, more like Hog flu. :rolleyes: My missus is not all that positive about me riding my Blackbird either, but so far she humours me. ;) Touring some more of Ireland later this week.

Those little MR2s are good little cars. You are right to keep it stock.

Joe :)

huck369 07-20-2009 05:12 AM

Howdy Lee...
Good to see you still check in here once in a while (once you get the SVX bug, it's a lifetime thing... :tongue:)

lee 07-20-2009 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huck369 (Post 610256)
Howdy Lee...
Good to see you still check in here once in a while (once you get the SVX bug, it's a lifetime thing... :tongue:)

To be honest, it wasn't the car as much as it is the people. Even though I sit and lurk on the sidelines from time to time (Harvey caught me once), I try to keep up with some people I came to care about, even though I had met few of them (like the guys responding in this thread).

huck369 07-20-2009 07:24 PM

Lee, You need to show up at the Dragon Meet one year..several members go to the meet without a SVX or XT...we're fine with it