The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Wheel Spacersssss (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49864)

boarderkid998 04-14-2009 02:20 PM

Wheel Spacersssss

SOOOO.... i no not many people like wheel spacers and some even say that they are unsafe but im a fan of the hella flush look lol... id liked to see pics of hear any ones comments on wheel spacers....

thanks,
THE KID

boarderkid998 04-15-2009 10:16 AM

Re: Wheel Spacersssss

Bump Cause Im Sooooooo ****in Bored At Work

sicksubie 04-15-2009 10:44 AM

uhmmm get properly fitting wheels with the right sized tires and a good alignment. Spacers are stupid...

benebob 04-15-2009 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sicksubie (Post 597314)
uhmmm get properly fitting wheels with the right sized tires and a good alignment. Spacers are stupid...

This is coming from someone who doesn't race his car.;) Spacers are a way of life in the racing world and are perfectly safe if using non hubcentric wheels and lug nuts. I have some nice 5,10,20 and 30mm spacers sitting right beside our 10 inch wheels in the basement. Getting properly fitted tires and wheels for different conditions would dictate well over $10k in investment to cover the bases above when you can do the same thing for about $1500 and one set of wheels.

Green1995SVX 04-15-2009 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boarderkid998 (Post 597130)
SOOOO.... i no not many people like wheel spacers and some even say that they are unsafe but im a fan of the hella flush look lol... id liked to see pics of hear any ones comments on wheel spacers....

thanks,
THE KID

Here we go again...

boarderkid998 04-16-2009 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green1995SVX (Post 597319)
Here we go again...

hey i camp at vacation land thats real close to where u live!! im in meadville every weekend.... and whats the here we go about.... i searched and couldnt find a thread soooo i made one... thats wat a forum is for... this isnt nazicock so no flaming permited lol

sicksubie 04-18-2009 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benebob (Post 597317)
This is coming from someone who doesn't race his car.;) Spacers are a way of life in the racing world and are perfectly safe if using non hubcentric wheels and lug nuts. I have some nice 5,10,20 and 30mm spacers sitting right beside our 10 inch wheels in the basement. Getting properly fitted tires and wheels for different conditions would dictate well over $10k in investment to cover the bases above when you can do the same thing for about $1500 and one set of wheels.

I thought that spacers stressed our hubs and led to premature wheel bearing failure... I think I have had my car out more recently at a race than you have anyway;):p

benebob 04-19-2009 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sicksubie (Post 597800)
I thought that spacers stressed our hubs and led to premature wheel bearing failure... I think I have had my car out more recently at a race than you have anyway;):p

In some aspects I'm sure your right about the wheel bearing but in reality we've yet to have a wheel bearing problem. Properly done with good fitting spacers and proper lugs you shouldn't have a problem with a reasonable sized spacer over the long term.

I'm sure you've had yours out at a race more recently then I have. I drove my first SVX since Sept just Thursday!;)