The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Napa you are it! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24517)

thundering02 02-16-2005 04:59 AM

Napa you are it!

Sorry for stealing your thought but I what to see were this will go.

NapaBavarian 02-16-2005 03:10 PM

Andy's it!

immortal_suby 02-16-2005 04:10 PM

/thread

n00b on demand 02-16-2005 09:10 PM

this thread teh sucks

Matthewmongan 02-16-2005 10:21 PM

no. just no. hey has anyone seen that new martial arts movie.

SubaSteevo 02-16-2005 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Matthewmongan
no. just no. hey has anyone seen that new martial arts movie.
House of Flying Daggers?

Matthewmongan 02-16-2005 11:07 PM

no, but that one didnt come to salisbury. i heard it was good.

im talking about ong-bak

Matthewmongan 02-16-2005 11:30 PM

the only reason i want to see it is because at the end of the trailor it has this text

bruce lee - the master
Jackie Chan - the comic
Jet Li - the prodigy

Tony Jaa - the distroyer

it is totaly wrong to place any mans name next to bruce lee's in this context it is disrespectful. alot of people in the shaolin/kung fu community are outraged by this boy whos only trainig is in Tae Kwon Do, Muay Thai, Swordplay, and Gymnastics comparing himself to kung fu masters. it would be diferent if he studied a formal martial arts but this just smaks of hubris. i refer to muay thai and tae kwon do is non formal martial arts because they are perversions of classical wing chun and classical kung fu. this makes them less respected in the kung fu world because their dilute versions of a true art. its like taking 'stary night' and cutting of the corner and selling the piece on ebay as an origional masterpiece. keep in mind that all martial eastern arts (and most that arn't eastern) come from the shaolin temple.

the only actor that is accepted as a conduit for bruce lee's vison (other than his son) is donny yen jet li is not because he is to formal in his style, to rigid (see fist of legend, the remake of fist of furry).

Matthewmongan 02-16-2005 11:34 PM

when you have a body fat content of .03, when you have mastered the one inch PENITRATING punch, when you have mastered chi gong, when you invent a origional powerful style, then and only then can you thing of comparing your self to bruce.

SubaSteevo 02-17-2005 10:39 AM

Quote:

when you have a body fat content of .03, when you have mastered the one inch PENITRATING punch, when you have mastered chi gong, when you invent a origional powerful style, then and only then can you thing of comparing your self to bruce.
Bruce Li, Bruce Le, and Dragon Lee among others would disagree

Landshark 02-17-2005 04:26 PM

Quote:

see fist of legend, the remake of fist of furry
also see Raw Furry Dawg

Mr. Pockets 02-17-2005 04:32 PM

I nominate Matthew as the mastAr thread hijackAr. The guy just inserted his own topic and ran with it.

n00b on demand 02-17-2005 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
I nominate Matthew as the mastAr thread hijackAr. The guy just inserted his own topic and ran with it.
i second that motion

Mr. Pockets 02-17-2005 04:38 PM

I wanna see a battle between Nik's fearsome Street Fighter 4 the Movie the Game Alpha Strike style versus Matthew's Raw Furry Dawg Fu style.

I wouldn't even know where to start with the odds...I just know I wanna see it.

Landshark 02-17-2005 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
I wanna see a battle between Nik's fearsome Street Fighter 4 the Movie the Game Alpha Strike style versus Matthew's Raw Furry Dawg Fu style.

I wouldn't even know where to start with the odds...I just know I wanna see it.

the winner could meet the Pocket PunishAr in a cage match.