The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Offset for our wheels?? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15480)

GreenMarine 01-08-2004 11:26 AM

Offset for our wheels??

Sorry for posting this here, but there is a post in the Tecnical Q&A section and I haven't gotten any answers back yet... I am trying to e-mail the guy with my specs so he can tell me if they can make the wheels I want at a reasonable price... I know someone out there can remind me what the offset is!!! Please :):):cool:

astralbody 01-08-2004 11:48 AM

hey greenmarine

The stock SVX wheels are 16 X 7.5JJ with a 5 by 4.5" bolt pattern, which is used a lot in American automobiles. But it has an unusually large offset (55mm or 2.17"). Due to the known wheel bearing problems, I would suggest staying with at least a 50mm offset, but some people have reported that they installed 38mm offset rims successfully.

I found this...Everywhere I look when I was seeing into what would be involved with changing the wheels I found the above to be true a lot.
hope it helps....if this is wrong let us know!

Victoria

GreenMarine 01-08-2004 12:06 PM

Thanks mate!!! I am an engine guy, not a wheel guy so I don't know too much about all the offset thing... Is the higher the number the farther out the edge of the wheel is from the bolts??

astralbody 01-08-2004 12:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The offset of a wheel is what locates the tire and wheel assembly in relation to the suspension. More specifically, it is the measured distance between the hub mounting surface and the center line of the rim. Below is an explanation of the various types of offsets which are pictured in the above graphic.

Positive Offset
A positive offset occurs when the hub mounting surface is on the street side (the side you see) of the center line of the rim. Most factory rims will have this type of offset.

Zero Offset
When the hub mounting surface is centered within the rim, it is known as a zero offset.

Negative Offset
If the hub mounting surface is on the brake side of the center line of the rim, it is considered a negative offset or “deep dish”.

Note that extensive negative offset can potentially cause increased steering wheel kick-back and place additional stresses on the vehicle's entire suspension.

GreenMarine 01-08-2004 01:05 PM

Awesome Man!!! Thanks for helping me understand it!!!! Now I can choose a wheel that I like and really know what I'm talking about!!! Thanks again!!!

GreenMarine 01-08-2004 01:07 PM

I just realized that you are a girl!!! Awesome!!! How did you get to knowing so much about cars??? Are ya married?? If not do ya wanna??? :D:D:D:cool:

wawazat?? 01-08-2004 01:22 PM

That's our Chris

Quote:

Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
I just realized that you are a girl!!! Awesome!!! How did you get to knowing so much about cars??? Are ya married?? If not do ya wanna??? :D:D:D:cool:
sharp as a bowling ball:rolleyes:

:D :D :D

Quick, what end of the guns do the bullets come from??? :p

Todd

astralbody 01-08-2004 01:44 PM

hi

my dad taught me everything about cars...
we have done alot with em while growing up....
so they became a passion for me.
especially digging into them and making them better.
we have done a lot of projects together.:)
he helped me rebuild my engine in my scorpio :)
when I do the 5spd this spring it will be me and my dad
doing it...I cannot wait
I miss my SVX :rolleyes:

no I'm not married....but unavailable ;)

GreenMarine 01-08-2004 02:03 PM

Re: That's our Chris

Quote:

Originally posted by wawazat??

sharp as a bowling ball:rolleyes:

:D :D :D

Quick, what end of the guns do the bullets come from??? :p

Todd

Hehehe, yea todd I know the answer to that one!!! They come out the Butt right???? Everyone knows that!!! :D:D:D:D

GreenMarine 01-08-2004 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by astralbody
hi

my dad taught me everything about cars...
we have done alot with em while growing up....
so they became a passion for me.
especially digging into them and making them better.
we have done a lot of projects together.:)
he helped me rebuild my engine in my scorpio :)
when I do the 5spd this spring it will be me and my dad
doing it...I cannot wait
I miss my SVX :rolleyes:

no I'm not married....but unavailable ;)

Hehe, that's pretty cool that you like cars... I only know one other girl that loves cars and she is the most amazing girl I have ever met!!! Oh, I was just kidding about the whole marrieng ya thing... :):D:D:cool:

astralbody 01-08-2004 02:21 PM

that ok...my sense of humor is not ordinary...
and I'm used to it..most of my friends are guys :)

Noir 01-08-2004 02:26 PM

Re: Re: That's our Chris

Quote:

Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX

Hehehe, yea todd I know the answer to that one!!! They come out the Butt right???? Everyone knows that!!! :D:D:D:D

gosh chris, bullets come out of the butt? which chicka marine did you piss off? i hope she used a low caliber pistol to shoot ya in DA BUTT!!!!

GreenMarine 01-08-2004 03:00 PM

Hehehe, Hey Harry, Did ya say that you were interested in my wheels when I get ready to sell them??? Well if you are then you can have first dibs

Noir 01-08-2004 03:14 PM

dude, you just got those wheels. what's up?

Darksied-X 01-08-2004 05:15 PM

Tell me your going with the Royal Gold Rota Formel's like you said before, cause they'll look f'in sweet on your car. If this is what your up to, make sure they make a set in Royal Silver for me.;)