The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Happy St Patrick's Day! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17262)

svxistentialist 03-17-2004 07:21 AM

Happy St Patrick's Day!

As this forum is common to all regions, I would like to wish a Happy St Patrick's Day to all my SVX friends in the States, in the UK, on the Continent and Down Under.

It's a Public Holiday here, sun is shining, faces smiling everywhere, so all the best from the green fields of Ireland.

Joe:) :)

ensteele 03-17-2004 07:56 AM

Top of the mornin' to you too Joe. :)

Aredubjay 03-17-2004 08:04 AM

A toast to all things green! Happy Paddy's Day to you!

huck369 03-17-2004 08:11 AM

Aye....Saint Pattys Day it tis....

Ron Mummert 03-17-2004 09:23 AM

.....may the green lager rock 'yer shams!

Ron O'Mumms

CigarJohnny 03-17-2004 09:33 AM

Happy Saint Patricks day to all!

-Johnny (B*** me, I'm Irish!)

SHISVX 03-17-2004 11:09 AM

Kiss me, i'm IRISH!

irish ppl rock!

Kelli

Phast SVX 03-17-2004 11:33 AM

3/4's irish here! And i started celebrating at midnight with some corn beef and cabbage, and my mom made potato soup and sent it with me :)

No guiness though, all they had was harp's :confused:
phil

GreenMarine 03-17-2004 11:46 AM

I hate ST. Patrick's day... What are they even celibrating anyway??? I'm not Irish so I can say that :)

huck369 03-17-2004 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
I hate ST. Patrick's day... What are they even celibrating anyway??? I'm not Irish so I can say that :)

What's the matter Chris?....you get to wear green every day;)

svxistentialist 03-17-2004 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Phast SVX
3/4's irish here! And i started celebrating at midnight with some corn beef and cabbage, and my mom made potato soup and sent it with me :)

No guiness though, all they had was harp's :confused:
phil

Snap, Phil

We had corned beef and broccoli.

Harp is made by the same brewery. I drank it for years, but these days I drink either Budweiser or Guinness.

Greenmarine, in your case, we're celebrating because we like your colour choice.

In our case, we are celebrating because we like to celebrate. And we don't need a special day for it, though one is handy. Any excuse will do.;) :D Hope you have a good day, man.

Joe:)

WestCoastSVX 03-17-2004 12:13 PM

Happy St. Paddies everyone!

I've got the corned beef and cabbage brewing in the pot right now and a case o' Guiness ready.

Should be ready in about 7 hours (might have to dip into the Guiness before then though ;)).

GreenMarine 03-17-2004 12:50 PM

svxistentialist..... Help...

Joe, can ya explain to me what St. patrick's day is really about??? I have no clue... All I know is that those little green elfs (or whatever they are) have always pissed me off... Ant the marshmellows at the end of the raimbow is false too... What is this holiday about anyway?? What is it with the color GREEN??? I used to get into fights in school every year on this day because people would pinch me for not wearing green... What's the deal with the whole day??? :confused:

Aredubjay 03-17-2004 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by svxistentialist

Snap, Phil

We had corned beef and broccoli.

Harp is made by the same brewery. I drank it for years, but these days I drink either Budweiser or Guinness.

Greenmarine, in your case, we're celebrating because we like your colour choice.

In our case, we are celebrating because we like to celebrate. And we don't need a special day for it, though one is handy. Any excuse will do.;) :D Hope you have a good day, man.

Joe:)

I will only celebrate on days that end in the lettery "Y." I always refuse to drink unless I'm by myself or with someone else. :D:D

WestCoastSVX 03-17-2004 04:38 PM

Re: svxistentialist..... Help...

Quote:

Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
Joe, can ya explain to me what St. patrick's day is really about??? I have no clue... All I know is that those little green elfs (or whatever they are) have always pissed me off... Ant the marshmellows at the end of the raimbow is false too... What is this holiday about anyway?? What is it with the color GREEN??? I used to get into fights in school every year on this day because people would pinch me for not wearing green... What's the deal with the whole day??? :confused:
Joe can certainly chime in with more first hand knowledge, but this is what I heard on the news this morning (the news isn't always right:D)....

First off, it is an Irish holiday and green is real big there. It is like the national color or something. The green clovers, beautiful green countryside everywhere you look, etc. So green is like a big national thing for them and thus associated with the holiday?

Just heard on the news this morning that St. Patrick actually wasn't Irish, he was sent over to Ireland some time long ago by the church to convert the Irish to Christianity. He did that to some extent, and that's what made him a saint.

There's also a story you always here when you are a kid that St. Patrick was great because he chased all the snakes out of Ireland. Some kind of folk hero story. I guess it is true there are no snakes anywhere in the wild in Ireland (Joe?), but of course one guy didn't magically chase them all out, it probably had more to do with continental drift before the ice ages or something.

Maybe I'm full of BS though. :D