The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bad wax! How do i remove it? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5507)

Ticallion 08-21-2002 07:49 AM

Bad wax! How do i remove it?

Hey guys. i used some crappy eagle f1z wax that left residue EVERYWHERE. It's impossible to get off. What can i use to remove the damn residue? It looks ghetto.
Thanks
-Ross

rufus 08-21-2002 11:05 AM

I've always thought you didn't wash your car with dish detergent because it stripped off the wax. But since that is your goal, it might be worth a try...

I'm sure that you could get some info about wax strippers from your local body shop as well.

Oh, and your language may be considered offensive but some. I talk that way myself, but I try to tone it down a little here on this site. You'll probably get a better response to your questions if you keep it PG...

:cool:

Ca$h 08-21-2002 11:31 AM

Do you mean residue in the crevices? Or on the general parts of the car (middle of the hood etc)???

- Ca$h

Ticallion 08-21-2002 11:34 AM

Crevices. Like the rubber strips and the seams between body panels.

Ca$h 08-21-2002 11:37 AM

Ohhhh. Thats different. Well. 2 things can fix that:

1. A SOFT toothbrush.

2. From now on, NEVER do that again. :) hehe. Seriously, its much easier just to be super careful around the edges than it is to clean that type of stuff up.

- Ca$h

Ca$h 08-21-2002 11:38 AM

A rag with your fingernail will also work actually. And popping hte hood, doors, trunk etc will allow you access to the sides of some more of the panels, to get more wax out.

- Ca$h

rufus 08-21-2002 11:45 AM

A thin rag wrapped around the edge of an old credit card really works well for me.

solarsvx 08-21-2002 01:49 PM

paint remover !!!!! tee hee gets it off or your money back , hey atleast u dont have worry abought waxing ever again LOL

gessh do i have to think off all the good awnser

Landshark 08-21-2002 03:47 PM

don't use that crap wax. check out www.carcareonline.com folks on the 928 list i used to be on said the guy on there (i think his name is Larry Reynolds) was great at recommending products (without bias) and answering questions. i think there's some good tips on there , too, but its been awhile since i visited that site. hope that helps,

Landshark 08-21-2002 03:53 PM

just checked the site out and its got alot more info since last time i saw it. GOOD STUFF!!!

DavieGravy 08-21-2002 08:39 PM

Vinegar or paint cleaner might do the trick used in conjunction with a buffer machine. You can pick one up for about $60 and it might be a good investment for the future. It's certainly alot better than doing a hand job. No... not that kind of hand job:) Good luck. I know how it feels when your car looks dirty.

Dave

Ticallion 08-22-2002 11:36 AM

Thanks for all your comments guys ... instead, i did the Meguiars 3-step wax process... the 1st step removed all the old wax residue... so its much better now. 7 hours later, my car looks INCREDIBLE. I definitely suggest this if you have $30 and 7 hours of your life to give away. :D

SHISVX 08-22-2002 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ticallion
Thanks for all your comments guys ... instead, i did the Meguiars 3-step wax process... the 1st step removed all the old wax residue... so its much better now. 7 hours later, my car looks INCREDIBLE. I definitely suggest this if you have $30 and 7 hours of your life to give away. :D
another good choice is Mothers, they are more expensive, but the results are untouchable, i personally use Meguiars;)

Kelli

mattski 08-22-2002 12:31 PM

Home Depot has a 10" buffer for $30 and a 6" for $20. My wife insists 10" is better than 6":D . And it sure beats the hand job:D :D :D

Ca$h 08-22-2002 12:41 PM

Use Zymol. Its the best wax there is. Used on Porsche, Ferraris, etc etc etc. It's acutally pleasant to put on too. :) Smells good.

- Ca$h