The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   transmission (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4980)

siasvx 07-18-2002 07:55 PM

transmission

Well I hate to bring up this old issue again, but here goes. I am in need of either a rebuilt or new or a place to get a transmission rebuilt. I have a 94 with a 2WD tranny that is out. I have heard that there is a couple of places that will convert these to a 5 speed for about 4 grand. That doesn't sound to bad since it is going to cost about that to get one from the dealer and have it put in. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am from Indiana and also work at SIA. I really wanted to have my car at the meet this weekend but I will not be able to get it there. I am sure I will see some of you there as I want to meet others like myself.

Aredubjay 07-18-2002 08:05 PM

Re: transmission

Quote:

Originally posted by siasvx
Well I hate to bring up this old issue again, but here goes. I am in need of either a rebuilt or new or a place to get a transmission rebuilt. I have a 94 with a 2WD tranny that is out. I have heard that there is a couple of places that will convert these to a 5 speed for about 4 grand. That doesn't sound to bad since it is going to cost about that to get one from the dealer and have it put in. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am from Indiana and also work at SIA. I really wanted to have my car at the meet this weekend but I will not be able to get it there. I am sure I will see some of you there as I want to meet others like myself.

You are about to hit tranny information overload. The experiences that we've all had could fill a library. There'll be plenty of good info for you. So, come on in for a visit. There will be a five-speed at the meet (Huck is bringing his) and he can tell you how he did it for around a thousand bucks. And his is AWD. Perhaps it'll be less expensive for a FWD.

I look forward to meeting you.

richeich 07-18-2002 09:05 PM

Quote:

I look forward to meeting you.
Yeah, I'm bringing my Legacy GT, proudly built in Lafayette. Lucy get's to see where she was born!

I can't wait to see all those SVX's in one location. I hope I don't giggle like a little schoolgirl. Awww, what am I saying? I'm already doing it...

Aredubjay 07-18-2002 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by richeich

Yeah, I'm bringing my Legacy GT, proudly built in Lafayette. Lucy get's to see where she was born!

I can't wait to see all those SVX's in one location. I hope I don't giggle like a little schoolgirl. Awww, what am I saying? I'm already doing it...

Rich,
Having you on this board more often is giving me a memory rush!! Sometimes it seems like forever ago when we were conversing on Yahoo. I've missed having you around. Looking forward to finally meeting you.

Now, don't giggle too much. <NANANANA-BOOBOO!!> :D

huck369 07-19-2002 05:55 AM

Re: transmission

Quote:

Originally posted by siasvx
I think you should look at getting a used Legacy FWD tranny, I pick one up for a Legacy we used to have for $200 (the FWD don't bring nearly what the AWD's do! ).
You'd have to get your SVX Torque Converter rebuilt, as the Legacy's won't work with the SVX flywheel.
But I believe you'd like the lower gears of the Legacy tranny.

WOLFHAUSEN 07-26-2002 02:02 PM

SUBARU HAS FACTOR REBUILD TRANS FOR $2700 WITH 24K WARRANTY-THESE ARE THE BEST DEAL BECAUST HEY CORRECT SOME EARLY PRODUCTION PROBLEMS

Seraph 07-26-2002 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by WOLFHAUSEN
SUBARU HAS FACTOR REBUILD TRANS FOR $2700 WITH 24K WARRANTY-THESE ARE THE BEST DEAL BECAUST HEY CORRECT SOME EARLY PRODUCTION PROBLEMS
We know. I have one of those installed on my money pit (look down below). But if you want a 5 speed, since SOA is not going to import H-6 with 5 speed, you have to make your own.

Lwin