The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   craigslist find. Turbo kit? wth? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=51445)

zavikan 08-27-2009 08:32 AM

craigslist find. Turbo kit? wth?

Subaru svx turbo kit complete rare - $2000 (lebanon ct)

Date: 2009-07-29, 4:27PM EDT
Reply to: sale-qxnem-1295629687@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Up for sale is a rely rare comlete turbo kit for the subaru svx with the v6 motor.This kit includes everything needed to boost your svx includind up pipes and 3 inch downpipe.the turbo is brand new and is a t3 t4 wythats ready to be installed.It has the intake and turbo piping so its a bolt on turbo kit.Call me at 860 942 7757 to come see it or if you have any questions.thanks

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

This 'v6' turbo kit belong to some one here?

SoCal LS-L 08-27-2009 08:52 AM

Re: craigslist find. Turbo kit? wth?

Quote:

Originally Posted by zavikan (Post 615346)
Subaru svx turbo kit complete rare - $2000 (lebanon ct)

Date: 2009-07-29, 4:27PM EDT
Reply to: sale-qxnem-1295629687@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Up for sale is a rely rare comlete turbo kit for the subaru svx with the v6 motor.This kit includes everything needed to boost your svx includind up pipes and 3 inch downpipe.the turbo is brand new and is a t3 t4 wythats ready to be installed.It has the intake and turbo piping so its a bolt on turbo kit.Call me at 860 942 7757 to come see it or if you have any questions.thanks

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

This 'v6' turbo kit belong to some one here?

If you copied and pasted that ad, then the person has the spelling proficiency of a carnival chimp. I didnt know SVXs had V6's either. Theres no full bolt on kit for the SVX, turbocharging requires extensive fabrication. See if he can send pics,,,,,,,

mikecg 08-27-2009 09:32 AM

Actually, SmallCar.com was selling a kit for the SVX for a while. I understand it didn't do much because of limitations in the factory MAF and ECU.

SomethingElse 08-27-2009 10:52 AM

this must be the long lost perfected kit kept hidden from the community!:rolleyes:

I knew one day it would show up on craigslist

JaySVX 08-27-2009 11:29 AM

Smallcar was selling a bolt on for $4500. Chances are the guy got it, coudln't figure it out, sold/broke the car, and now is trying to unload the kit.

Assuming he still has the origional parts, that's not a bad price for easy quick power. And by bolt-on, keep in mind you still have to tap and run oil lines and such, it's not something a 12mm alone will yield you. However I bet coupled with TomsSVX's Hydra engine management, you could make some pretty power. From there you can upgrade the injectors and MAF, work your way back for the exhaust, pipe up an FMIC, and all that fun stuff. It's a good starting point though, the rest can come later.

the_paynter 08-27-2009 03:01 PM

u wouldnt need the MAF with a hydra.

And fabing up intercooler piping for an SVX sounds WAY easier then it actually is, that was the hardest part about boosting my SVX.

sicksubie 08-27-2009 03:53 PM

This is JRTurboSVX on here I am 99% sure.. He had asked me to come and help him install it along with a few other things on his 10 svx's.. The turbo kit is a Forcedair Technologies (IIRC) product...

Green1995SVX 08-27-2009 07:45 PM

Forced air technologies offered an SVX kit for many years. I didn't know anyone ever bought one.

Alex-svx 08-27-2009 09:44 PM

Here is the kit they make before.
http://www.svx-club.de/Technik/Turbo...r_den_svx.html

Some one know what they did sale this for?

svxistentialist 08-28-2009 07:19 AM

Thanks for the link Alex. Looks a nice kit.

Plus it is seriously amazing how the addition of the turbo kit changes the colour of the car from claret to green. An inexpensive way of getting a respray I'm thinking. :rolleyes:

As per the mit und ohne pictures....

Anybody else notice that?

Nobody?.......

;)

y2daniel1981 08-28-2009 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxistentialist (Post 615468)
Thanks for the link Alex. Looks a nice kit.

Plus it is seriously amazing how the addition of the turbo kit changes the colour of the car from claret to green. An inexpensive way of getting a respray I'm thinking. :rolleyes:

As per the mit und ohne pictures....

Anybody else notice that?

Nobody?.......

;)

Well I can't read dutch, but my guess are the pictures say "without turbo" and "with turbo" referring just to how it looks, and they didn't use the same car because they forgot to take a 'before' shot. :lol:

zavikan 08-28-2009 09:38 AM

That kit actually looks pretty mint to me. For one thing, the turbo is like, shoved down in that hole, instead of up high like the current custom jobs. Call me petty, But all the turbos I have seen so far have cosmetics as the least concern (and thats fine, I admire all of your technical ability, and do not underestimate the difficulty involved). But that kit right there actually looks like its SUPPOSED to be there (factory). instead of an add-on by a master tech.

Its claiming 80hp increase. I wish I could remember what Tom was suggesting his street tuned daily driver kit was going to push.

Stupid economy has me looking at my liquid silver as a nice fat liquid asset :( :( :( :( I want that turbo bad.

James

LetItSnow 08-28-2009 10:21 AM

Having the turbo "shoved down in that hole" doesn't well accommodate for an intercooler, which the described kit doesn't have. I don't know much, but I'm not so sure you'd get 80hp out of 4-5 non-intercooled, psi from a turbo with no aftermarket engine management, no water or meth, and no other breathing mods... at least not for long.

These "not down in that hole" turbos are in your face for a reason!

SoCal LS-L 08-28-2009 11:13 AM

If im not mistaken, the SVX comes stock with 275cc injectors, a bit too small to handle the fuel needed to push 80 more horses. And without an intercooler I can visualize the intake manifold getting hot enough under hard driving to cook the solenoids and sensors attached to it.