The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Who insures your baby? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43951)

nextse7en 03-26-2008 09:11 AM

Who insures your baby?

I'm looking for an excellent insurance agency. Has anyone had a truly exceptional experience with their insurance co.? Progressive has got to go.

-Patrick

WestCoastSVX 03-26-2008 09:29 AM

I've had the same State Farm agent for 19 years and can't complain. Fortunately I've never really had a need for "exceptional service", but I have had to use it on occasion and always been compensated quickly and fairly.

Most recent time I've had to use it was when my windshield got a huge crack hours after a rock hit it last January. I called in the claim and they referred me to their glass service which told me I could call any shop I want or use a recommended shop. I called the three preferred shops closest to me and none of them wanted to do a SVX or claimed the windshield didn't exist. I called my agent back. He called in a favor with a good glass guy he knew up in his area and convinced him to take it on for me. Five days later he was in my driveway putting in the $1200 windshield that the other shops were afraid to be responsible for. The guy did a fantastic job and talked about the SVX with me the whole time too. I had to pay $100 deductible, but at least they were able to get it done. And they were nice enough not to total the car either considering they had to pay out probably 50% of the car's worth. :lol:

RSVX 03-26-2008 09:36 AM

USAA, but you cant get it, sorry.

lhopp77 03-26-2008 10:20 AM

Right

USAA for over 40 years. :)

Lee

rvnmaniac 03-26-2008 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacGyver (Post 537280)
I've had the same State Farm agent for 19 years and can't complain. Fortunately I've never really had a need for "exceptional service", but I have had to use it on occasion and always been compensated quickly and fairly.

Most recent time I've had to use it was when my windshield got a huge crack hours after a rock hit it last January. I called in the claim and they referred me to their glass service which told me I could call any shop I want or use a recommended shop. I called the three preferred shops closest to me and none of them wanted to do a SVX or claimed the windshield didn't exist. I called my agent back. He called in a favor with a good glass guy he knew up in his area and convinced him to take it on for me. Five days later he was in my driveway putting in the $1200 windshield that the other shops were afraid to be responsible for. The guy did a fantastic job and talked about the SVX with me the whole time too. I had to pay $100 deductible, but at least they were able to get it done. And they were nice enough not to total the car either considering they had to pay out probably 50% of the car's worth. :lol:

DITTO State Farm for over 30 years.....Life, Car, Motorcycle, and Home insurance....

STeeL25T 03-26-2008 12:58 PM

I do pretty well with Allstate, I guess since I've always had them and never had any accidents.

I forget exactly how much it runs me for the Subaru but it isn't much, to insure both my 96 SVX and my 00 Spyder its about 115-150 bucks a month.. And I'm under 25 =)

SUBBYRU89 03-26-2008 01:03 PM

I compared all available and ended up with AIG.

joe62890 03-26-2008 01:06 PM

Smith and Wesson

PaulDexler 03-26-2008 02:38 PM

Another satisfied State Farm customer

I've had all my cars at State Farm, and never had any problems. The agent is close by and helpful, and they're happy because they have my homeowners as well.

Paul

94SubieSVX 03-26-2008 02:47 PM

Nj Manufacturers, but I don't think they'll insure somebody from Oregon:lol:

Mr. Pockets 03-26-2008 02:59 PM

I had Progressive for a couple years and dumped them eventually. They progressively raised my rates until I was fed up.

I switched to Esurance about a year and a half ago and they've been fine. I like that I don't have to do anything to renew my coverage and that every thing's online.

I have not had to file a claim, so I don't know how well they handle those.

Zandar 03-26-2008 03:50 PM

USAA is probably the best out there, but AAA is pretty good, too, depending on where you live. State Farm is good as well as Allstate, from my experience, but not quite up to snuff with the first two.

eSurance is good for getting you legal. God help you if you have a comparative negligence claim. Or any other claim, for that matter.

shelfy 03-26-2008 04:10 PM

american family. pleased with my guy's service, but i may have to shop around to keep him honest.

momzsvx 03-26-2008 04:19 PM

Allstate....they gave me 1k more then what I paid for it. I have a 500 dollar deductable and I repurchased the totaled car. I did not lose on anything, and this occured recently.

benebob 03-26-2008 05:14 PM

Depends on what you want it for. Price, usually some of the direct buys like Gieco, Progressive, Eissurance are the ways to go, I'd suggest find one if your just doing liability that will insure your glass too, I just have liablity on mine and glass coverage which raises my rate about $10 a year for it, Comprehensive and Collision- something with an agreed value would be my recommendation where you set the price they pay on a total. Sure it'll cost you more but IMO paying an extra $300 a year for 5 years just bought you what a lot of the companies will try to settle for (not that you can't get a reasonable settlement but if you're a 180k 92 you'll have some trouble.

I had a very serious accident where I maxed out my medical at $300,000 stacked on myself with Erie of PA, they were fabulous! Granted I left right after knowing I'd be paying them back for that $300k. If you have a newer subaru might want to look at Liberty, I had no complaints with them but left when they like Nick said kept upping their rates each renewal. Agents usually aren't that much more than the directs so shop around.