The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   More Info (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54812)

Bobb 06-13-2010 06:56 PM

More Info

Hi everyone, When I see a person buying gas at a BP station I wonder if the buyer is thinking past the gas pump. I came across this list of BPs other brands to which you can add AMOCO.

If you're trying to stay away from BP, be aware that it is a giant company with lots of brands. In addition to its 11,700 service stations in the US alone, there are thousands more around the world. Not to mention BP owns the ARCO brand found throughout the West Coast.

Other brands you might not recognize as BP's include: Castrol Motor Oil, AM/PM convenience stores and Wild Bean Café coffee.

Read more: bp, arco, AM/PM, environment & wildlife, british petroleum, castrol, wild bean café coffee

Take care, BOBB

Wikedjuggalo 06-13-2010 08:56 PM

Re: More Info

We'll show them yet! :cool:

JaySVX 06-14-2010 11:18 AM

IIRC BP stations are the only ones in the area that carry E85 fuels.

And I sympothize with them. I was changing the oil in my truck last weekend, forgot to put the oil draink plug back in because random crap kept interupting me, and poured 4 gallons of oil on my driveway. It was a major pain to clean up. Now, from what I hear BP has spilled a bit more than that, so I can only imagine what they're going through. And it's not like BP intentionally dumped the fuel, they met all regulations, it was an accident. People just want to point fingers at how outraged they are.

So tell me this. How has this oil spill affected you? Shrimp gets more expensive? Damn... that sucks.

dcarrb 06-14-2010 11:44 AM

True, accidents happen. But to paraphrase something I read recently: If a bank is too big to fail, it's too big. If an oil well is too deep to cap, it's too deep. Maybe so.

The problem with boycotting BP stations is that the brunt of the hardship will be borne by the small businessmen and women who own the BP franchises and have nothing to do with BP operations.

Nevermind the cost of shrimp. Not only are the shrimpers idle; so are the guys who work the oil rigs. This is an environmental and economic disaster that will be impacting lives for years to come.

dcb

Wikedjuggalo 06-14-2010 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcarrb (Post 649992)
True, accidents happen. But to paraphrase something I read recently: If a bank is too big to fail, it's too big. If an oil well is too deep to cap, it's too deep. Maybe so.

The problem with boycotting BP stations is that the brunt of the hardship will be borne by the small businessmen and women who own the BP franchises and have nothing to do with BP operations.

Nevermind the cost of shrimp. Not only are the shrimpers idle; so are the guys who work the oil rigs. This is an environmental and economic disaster that will be impacting lives for years to come.

dcb

Thank god someone gets it.

SoCal LS-L 06-14-2010 12:29 PM

Also to add something, as I recall for many years BP was the highest capital investor in alternative energy research and development. Stuff happens, and hopefully they will do the right thing and compensate those affected, as well as fund the cleanup for years to come. As a company, im not one of those who consider BP the devil.

StatGSR 06-14-2010 02:09 PM

^ agreed, in fact, i am looking forward to purchasing some BP stock in the relatively near future! :D