The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Down Under (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Cruise control (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=61687)

andreoz 05-09-2013 06:37 PM

Cruise control

Have not had my car out on the highway for a while and went to Canberra yesterday - to my surprise I found that my cruise control was not working at all. It just seems the switch has gone dead.

Has anyone had any experience with this and what should I look for first.

Just as an aside almost got home and started having a major knocking sound when braking as if the whole engine was going to fall off! Found this morning that the rear control arm lost its lower bolt and the real wheel was able to move in a horizontal position resulting in major knocking sound - all fixed now with a new bolt!

ensteele 05-09-2013 07:15 PM

Re: Cruise control

Sometimes the vaccume line comes off of the control. Check around where the wipers are and find the hose for the vaccume and make sure it is connected. I hope that is the problem - easy fix. :)

flamestone 05-10-2013 07:23 PM

Same here, but mines the switch itself. It powers on if I hold the switch in a few millimetres, but it doesn't click on/off.

So don't discount that as a possible issue too.

andreoz 05-12-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele (Post 723973)
Sometimes the vaccume line comes off of the control. Check around where the wipers are and find the hose for the vaccume and make sure it is connected. I hope that is the problem - easy fix. :)

Thanks Ensteele - spot on! That was the problem and easy fix!!!

VICSVX 06-11-2013 11:28 PM

My hose is on, cruise light comes on but no cruise worked one day not the next. Help

Conn SVX 06-12-2013 06:14 AM

Could be the brake switch sticking. Does the light come on?

VICSVX 06-13-2013 06:32 PM

@Conn Svx...are you talking to me lol

VICSVX 05-30-2014 05:05 PM

Bump

Can anyone help? Still having problems with my cruise. Hose is in, light comes on bit no cruise

Conn SVX 05-30-2014 07:19 PM

Could be the brake light switch. Check the switch on the brake pedal

SURTEESS 05-31-2014 01:32 AM

What has the brake switch light got to do with cruise control ???

gwynethh 05-31-2014 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SURTEESS (Post 734374)
What has the brake switch light got to do with cruise control ???

To jump in here:
Touching the brake "disengages" the cruise control though it stays "on". I understand the disengagement is activated by the same switch on the brake pedal assembly that turns on the brake light went you press the pedal. If that switch is stuck it could keep telling the cruise to "disengage".

A simple test may be to have someone watch your braking lights on the rear of the car while you press and release the brake pedal.