The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ever burned Rubber? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=35306)

svxthc 09-24-2006 10:11 AM

Ever burned Rubber?

I was quite surprised when my back tires burned out yesterday mashing the pedal from about 30mph. I didn't think the AWD svx could do it. lol
I swear if you put 7l 8 cyl in the svx it would be one hell of a drag car. If the acceleration was just as fast in the spots between 60 and 80 as it was 0-30 that thing would have no match.

dunlopSVX 09-24-2006 11:02 AM

its funny cause yesterday my awd svx was spinning like hell:eek: its fun but i dont know if my differential or torque converter are ****ed up,it wasnt doing this before:confused:

TomsSVX 09-24-2006 11:27 AM

I don't think I can awd burnouts in my svx from a 30mph roll... are you sure it was your tires spinnng and not just your tranny hating you?

Tom,

immortal_suby 09-26-2006 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxthc
I was quite surprised when my back tires burned out yesterday mashing the pedal from about 30mph. I didn't think the AWD svx could do it. lol
I swear if you put 7l 8 cyl in the svx it would be one hell of a drag car. If the acceleration was just as fast in the spots between 60 and 80 as it was 0-30 that thing would have no match.

Something is broken, you were on gravel, or you are confused. ;)

sharky512345 09-26-2006 08:50 PM

I can barely even break loose the tires when I am flooring it from a stop on gravel. I think there is something wrong with your tranny or something...

svxthc 09-27-2006 03:44 PM

you guys are right. It may have been a little wet out, but it was probably the tranny. Does your tranny not make loud race car rev noises when you mash the pedal and it shifts?

Pure_Insanity8 09-28-2006 12:19 PM

I recall that quite a while back someone spun the rears which turned out to be the AWD transfer clutch being shot... or something to that affect.

When my tranny worked well, it wouldn't spin for more than a second or two from a stop (or slow roll) even on slick snow covered roads.

NikFu S. 09-28-2006 03:31 PM

The answer is yes

but only because something was broken.

oab_au 09-28-2006 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pure_Insanity8
I recall that quite a while back someone spun the rears which turned out to be the AWD transfer clutch being shot... or something to that affect.

When my tranny worked well, it wouldn't spin for more than a second or two from a stop (or slow roll) even on slick snow covered roads.

If the transfer clutch does not work, the US model will spin the front wheels. The Euro model will spin the rears.

Harvey.,;)

benebob 09-28-2006 08:04 PM

I believe him.:rolleyes: We can spin all 4s with racing slicks on from a start so at 30 with the worlds crappiest tires and an inch of ice definately!:D

dunlopSVX 09-28-2006 09:15 PM

****.... that mean my tansfer case is dead cuz my front whell really spin like hell.omg im gonna sell the svx im tired of costly repair :mad: im only 18 and this car get me poor :mad:

TomsSVX 09-29-2006 12:11 AM

I am 21 and this car has made me broke as well....

But not in repairs:D :D :D

Tom

svxhunter 10-01-2006 03:49 PM

It's pretty easy for us to burn rubber in the SVreX. The car is so light it makes a difference.

At last year's GrassrootsMotorsports Challenge we had a lot of trouble with our drag launches. The tires weren't great, and we simply brought too much power and not enough traction. We just sat at the tree on the Gainesville Motor Speedway and did AWD burnouts.

Looked cool, but sucked on our timeslips.