The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I hate people (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19711)

SVXnCO 07-02-2004 05:40 PM

I hate people

This has been an awful day. I tried to get a car wash because the SVX is filthy, my dad stole my TT, and then on my way out of the gas station, going into a restaurant parking lot, I got stuck behind a Cadillac that wasn't moving. Then without warning, I see the white ford explorer pulling out of a parking space and right into my driver's side door. I got out of the car and looked at the door:

-Three giant dents
-One Compression dent from the ball on his trailer hitch
-One beautiful tear in the door panel from the bottom of the hitch.

I got out and talked to him after trading insurance info and calling the police. He didn't see me and plowed right into me. Now I need a new door.

I guess on the plus side, it's not gonna cost me much at all, and that door kinda needed a paint job, but it's still a pain in the ass...

I wanted to cry. :( :( :(

SVXnCO 07-02-2004 05:45 PM

Actually, I suppose I shouldn't say I hate people- the guy was a very polite and very helpful gentleman who did not hesitate to admit being at fault. I'm just sad and pissed and what not.

My poor baby...

NapaBavarian 07-02-2004 06:15 PM

Michelle had a silver parts car in CO...but it was a while back, duknow if she still has it.

thndrmtn92svx

Chiketkd 07-02-2004 06:42 PM

Sorry to hear about your day... :( Hope things pick up for you over the holiday weekend! :)

-Chike

benebob 07-02-2004 07:06 PM

SVXnco, Hocrest and I actually have a very nice drivers side silver door off a 92. It has the handle, lock (but no key) window that if I remember correctly doesn't have the typical scratch from the dirt, regulator and hinges. Only blemishes on it that I remember were a couple of scrapes/ nicks in the bottom plastic panel. If you want it of course shipping is an issue but it can be done.

jklmnopqrst 07-16-2004 11:29 PM

If you're the owner of an Audi TT, it is impossible to have a bad day. Just when you think that things can't get any worse, just think, "I own a TT." That has to be a instant mood changer.

SHISVX 07-18-2004 09:58 AM

people shouldn't drive SUVs that don't know how to drive.

shesh

sorry to hear about the bad luck

Kelli

Chiketkd 07-18-2004 09:17 PM

Agreed. Your denim blue TT looks awesome! I'm not surprised your dad stole it... :)

-Chike
Quote:

Originally posted by jklmnopqrst
If you're the owner of an Audi TT, it is impossible to have a bad day. Just when you think that things can't get any worse, just think, "I own a TT." That has to be a instant mood changer.

MNYPNNY 07-19-2004 09:18 PM

I have the door complete with all regulators, locks, and glass from my silver parts car.
Can meet you half way.............

MNYPNNY 07-19-2004 09:19 PM

........or even more than half way, depending upon the weekend....