The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SVX gets mention in local paper (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13312)

Landshark 09-21-2003 06:37 AM

SVX gets mention in local paper

in an article about problems with the EZ Pass electronic toll payment system, the SVX (all years) is the only Subaru in a list of EZ Pass problem vehicles.

yay! :rolleyes: :)

RSVX 09-21-2003 11:39 AM

yah, even on my front bumper I would say that my EZ-Pass works about 50% of the time...

svxeno 09-21-2003 12:51 PM

Even Superman can't see through Titanium..uh...or lead.

Randy ii

Green1995SVX 09-21-2003 07:52 PM

My ezpass crapped out about a month ago and im starting to get the tickets in the mail. I've probably tried to use it 15 times since it stopped working :(

Mike

Landshark 09-21-2003 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Green1995SVX
My ezpass crapped out about a month ago and im starting to get the tickets in the mail. I've probably tried to use it 15 times since it stopped working :(

Mike

i guess its not very EZ, is it? :rolleyes:
the article also mentioned how the batteries were dying in them. its in today's Post-Gazette, BTW.

SunstateSVX 09-22-2003 08:31 AM

My Sunpass (Florida's equivalent) never works in my SVX. I just run the booths. Sometimes the toll booth workers yell at me as I go through when the pass doesn't register. I've never gotten a ticket, though.

Green1995SVX 09-22-2003 08:53 AM

PA sends you a nice picture of the back of your car going through the toll booth with a close up of your license plate.

It turns out that the battery went dead in my transponder. I called them and i have to get a new one from the place where i got this one. The problem is I got this one in wilmington delaware! Stupid ezpass.

Mike

FearWhat 09-23-2003 01:52 AM

yes, there is too much lead in the windsheild, they tested it the highest it can be is like 35-37 for my speed pass to work. but my windshield is 48 LMAO

well cya

Chris 09-23-2003 05:12 AM

Yea, my GPS looses all signals if I place it on the dash. Darned expensive glass.

Mr. Pockets 09-23-2003 09:19 AM

I've only used a cheesy pass in my SVX once. My brother and I were on our way to Reading I and used his pass. To get it to work, we had to hold it out the open sunroof.

I understand that you can get a ticket for this, though. My guess is that an officer would have to be waiting there at the tollbooth watching for this activity.

Seraph 09-23-2003 09:39 AM

It's the same issue with the I-Pass in IL. I mentioned that ages ago. It's the titanium coated windshields. On my 94L the ones that you stick on the windshelds work perfectly fine every single time. On my 92 and 94LSi, I had to put them on my bumper. The bad thing with the bumper mounted ones is that rocks can hit them and can crack them. Once cracked, water will get inside and kill it. I had to get a new one twice so far.

As for the photos and tickets, in IL, they are set for 5 fail passes. If you pass through for 5 times, you will get a ticket. Those cameras can take shots up to 130mph and they have built in OCR. I once had to go through a manual lane and the only thing I got was my credit card. I still got a 40c ticket since they don't take plastic. But you can pay those tickets at any other toll plazas at a later date rather than sticking a 30+ cents stamp on them.

L

solarsvx 09-30-2003 08:10 AM

doesnt work in mine ether i have to hold it out my window and wave it like a ediot LOL.

why is our glass difrent then other cars?

Chicane 09-30-2003 12:44 PM

I have no idea but I wish it was just like other cars, so that the windshield wouldn't be so darn expensive. :(

- Rob