The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Svx no room.....time for SUV (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11681)

Motorsport-SVX 06-29-2003 10:36 PM

Svx no room.....time for SUV

Had to buy a lawnmower today from Sears...
picked it out....paid and they brought out this
huge ass box. I looked at the box, then at the car....
box.......car.......box....car.
Okay.....so this huge box isnt going to fit inside this
car unless I make it into a convertible.
I left the box and drove down the street to the Infinity
dealership.
There I did find something that would hold the box and is about the only thing that I could buy if I sold one of the Svxs.
03 FX45
About the coolest thing on 4 wheels if you ask me on the road.
And about the only thing that may be more fun to drive then an Svx everyday
So....if things go as planned, Ill be selling an Svx in the next month or 2, and adding the FX45. Just have to decide on a exterior color. Interior has to be black leather with the aluminum trim. Its all good though. Ill still have at least 1 Svx for a daily driver. Do I keep the Pearl or Silver is the question.
Anyway....just an observation I make about once a week with driving an Svx everyday. Long things will fit.....
big square things just dont cut it.:mad:

Motorsport-SVX 06-29-2003 10:37 PM

oh....

my friend met me back at Sears in his 99 Tahoe and
took my mower home for me......good to have real friends
like that. Did have to let him drive the Svx though !!

Bwana 06-29-2003 11:40 PM

Keep the pearl, and get the burnt orange FX45, and then trade me the FX45 for my pearly! That has GOT to be the sexiest car/truck/suv thingy ever created!

http://www.infiniti.com/m/cma/i/veh/...45_1_large.jpg

Tarostar 06-30-2003 12:55 AM

I hope I never have to take anything home that wont fit into the smallest trunk possible.

svxistentialist 06-30-2003 04:13 AM

Looks cool Dave.

Have you looked at the Volvo X90? They are all raving about them here.

Supply is poor at present, but they are going to take major business away from the BMW X5 and the Lexus RX300.

Joe:)

Landshark 06-30-2003 04:59 AM

FX45?!?!?
Car and Driver just tested the Forester XT and got a 5.3 sec 0-60! you could get that lawn mower home pretty frickin' quick......and smoke a WRX on the way! :D

Green1995SVX 06-30-2003 05:24 AM

I love the forester XT. I've driven them a few times, and they are without a doubt faster than a WRX.

I also love the FX45, which i feel is one of the best looking/meanest cars being made currently.

Mike

Landshark 06-30-2003 06:22 AM

i really do like the FX45, but for less money the Forester would probably give more grin-value. :D FX45 probably a bit more luxury, though.

sounds like you're enjoying your job, Mike! me jealous! i need to order some stuff real soon, so i'll be gettin' ahold of you. i need hooked-up. ;)

benebob 06-30-2003 06:37 AM

Need an SUV

Just go out and get a Chevy S-10 P/U. O% financing and $2500 in incentives you can't beat it for utility and price. I'm not sure you'd get a lawn mower into the back of the infiniti (at least the mower I got at Sears).

CigarJohnny 06-30-2003 06:55 AM

Quote:

Do I keep the Pearl or Silver is the question.
If you must get rid of one of them then get rid of the pearlie and keep the silver. Everyone here knows the silver is the most desirable and you can't throw a nerf at an SVX meet and not hit a pearlie.

I think it is time for me to crawl out from under the rock I've been living in and check out the Forester XT. How could I have not heard of this???:eek: I would still opt for the FX45 if I had the money for it. :)

Tarostar 06-30-2003 06:57 AM

I think it is ugly, but I think all SUVs are ugly so my opinion doesn't count. You guys must be damn rich if you are in the market for automobiles made by those fine manufacturers. It's too bad my honest dollar comes from scientific research. Not too much money in that.

Just looked at the picture again. That thing is damn ugly. Looks like a PT cruiser and one of those stupid Porsche SUV's mated under power lines next to a toxic waste dump and had a deformed child.

svxistentialist 06-30-2003 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Tarostar
I think it is ugly, but I think all SUVs are ugly so my opinion doesn't count. You guys must be damn rich if you are in the market for automobiles made by those fine manufacturers. It's too bad my honest dollar comes from scientific research. Not too much money in that.

Just looked at the picture again. That thing is damn ugly. Looks like a PT cruiser and one of those stupid Porsche SUV's mated under power lines next to a toxic waste dump and had a deformed child.

Oh, so you don't like it then?

;) :D

Tarostar 06-30-2003 08:31 AM

Well, I wouldn't go that far ;)
At least it's not a Murano. Is there a law somewhere that says all cars/trucks/suv's all have to start looking the same every few years? Thank God for Subaru's originality.

Motorsport-SVX 06-30-2003 10:45 AM

Re: Need an SUV

Quote:

Originally posted by benebob
Just go out and get a Chevy S-10 P/U. O% financing and $2500 in incentives you can't beat it for utility and price. I'm not sure you'd get a lawn mower into the back of the infiniti (at least the mower I got at Sears).
got a fwd push mower.....
box would easily fit in the FX45.......
Id never buy an S10 pos, maybe a Ranger...but sorta
hard to look cool in either one ..
Id also be representing my shop locally.....hence the reason
the FX45 would be perfect.........Wish it had a window within
a window option though :D :mad: :mad:

ensteele 06-30-2003 11:39 AM

Dayle

Did you keep the box so you could take it around and find what it would fit in? :) You could fold it flat in the mean time and whip it out at the dealership and see if it would fit.

"I'll take that silver one over there. Ooops, almost forgot - hold this while I check to see if this little ity bity box fits in the back" :D