The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Reading Meet (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Reading 5 Schedule!!! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17789)

Green1995SVX 04-07-2004 10:00 PM

Reading 5 Schedule!!!

Finally, we have a schedule!

Friday April 16

6PM-?: Early-Bird arrival. Dinner drinks and meet/greet.

Saturday April 17

8AM-Noon: Welcome greet, meet, look at everyone's cars. (Photo Ops.)
Noon-5PM: Gimmick Road Rally, Tech Sessions. Trip to Lancaster Outlets and Antique Shopping near the hotel.
5PM-6PM: Optional Group Drive.
6PM-8PM: Dinner at Hotel.
8PM-?: (Larry's bed time) Drinks at hotel etc.

Sunday April 18

9AM-Noon: Breakfast at the hotel. Goodbyes etc.

CigarJohnny 04-11-2004 07:41 AM

Mike, any idea exactly when the rally will be run? I need to zip back to Reading proper in the afternoon to pick up Jackie and the kids and be back in time for dinner. I need to know if I should go before the rally or after the rally. Thanks!

Johnny

benebob 04-11-2004 09:43 AM

Rally is kind of go as you please. Anywhere between around 12-5. It is a little longer than last year. Plan on about 3 hours, maybe a little less to do it properly. My guess is the kids would love it!

GreenMarine 04-11-2004 01:46 PM

For the rally I'm planning on about an hour and a half.. .:D:D:D I love those roads up there... Last year I wasn't even paying attention to the things we were suppose to find, I was just driving the route as fast (and safe) as I could :D:D It was great in the little Miata, but this year I'll have the the modded SVX with me :D:cool: I can't wait to run this!!!!

benebob 04-11-2004 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
For the rally I'm planning on about an hour and a half.. .:D:D:D I love those roads up there... Last year I wasn't even paying attention to the things we were suppose to find, I was just driving the route as fast (and safe) as I could :D:D It was great in the little Miata, but this year I'll have the the modded SVX with me :D:cool: I can't wait to run this!!!!
Mike and Bobby, what did I say about someone being airborn on that one hump?:D We definately won't have a winner here. That is unless he hits an Amish girl on her bike and gets her number.:D

Subafreak 04-11-2004 04:34 PM

:eek: What are you saying we have to get an amish girls phone number for the rally?:D

benebob 04-11-2004 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Subafreak
:eek: What are you saying we have to get an amish girls phone number for the rally?:D
Maybe, maybe not. Good luck getting a phone number from one though. I'd say 98% don't have land line phones. They've all gone cellular.:D

marlettpat 04-11-2004 06:52 PM

hey greenmarine, remember u and me were racin motorcycles on that one back road? :D :D that was fun!!:D

GreenMarine 04-11-2004 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by benebob

Mike and Bobby, what did I say about someone being airborn on that one hump?:D We definately won't have a winner here. That is unless he hits an Amish girl on her bike and gets her number.:D

Mike told me about that bet that one of ya'll made... Something about me getting Airborne over a certian crest:D:D... Well how are ya gonna know unless ya get a video camera out there and catch me doing it :D:D... And on the Amish girl's number, I'll bring back her blouse... :eek: Would that be better than a number?? :D:D I'll try and get that too if ya want:D

rmjjensen 04-11-2004 09:00 PM

I figure I can probably make it sometime saturday late morning during that meet and great time period. I'd really like to meet some of you svxphiles.

Is that at the holiday inn???

thanks.

SVXRide 04-11-2004 09:46 PM

Tech Sessions

Mike,
Any idea what the tech sessions are going to be this year? (installing a JDM rear spoiler?:D )
Thanks.
-Bill

LarryIII 04-12-2004 04:39 AM

Mr. Jensen,

The Reading 5 SVX Meet is at the Holiday Inn in Denver, PA, which is just north of Lancaster PA. It is lcated one exit west of the Morgantown, PA exit on the PA Turnpike. I'm sorry, but I don't know the exact exit numbers. I think it's number 21 or 20.

Directions from Soprano Country (Nort Joisey)
Take da' NJ Turnpike to exit 6. Get off and follow signs to PA Turnpike. Go over Scudders Falls Brige and take the PA Turnpike due west. I think the signs say "West-Harrisburg."

Good Luck, see you there.

benebob 04-12-2004 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by LarryIII
Mr. Jensen,

The Reading 5 SVX Meet is at the Holiday Inn in Denver, PA, which is just north of Lancaster PA. It is lcated one exit west of the Morgantown, PA exit on the PA Turnpike. I'm sorry, but I don't know the exact exit numbers. I think it's number 21 or 20.

Actually PA is just catching up with the rest of the world. They changed all the exit numbers to the mile mark. Hence it is no longer 21 but is now something like 280. Regardless it is the Lancaster/Reading Exit and will say 222. If I can I'll go past and get the exit number and post it.

rmjjensen 04-12-2004 07:03 AM

haha ...awesome thanks!!!!

-Mike

CigarJohnny 04-12-2004 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by rmjjensen
haha ...awesome thanks!!!!

-Mike

Mike. I'm looking forward to meeting you and to seeing your carPC. You gonna be there Friday night or Saturday morning?

Johnny