The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Its got to go (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5414)

0260N4 08-16-2002 12:47 PM

Its got to go

I hate to do this but I am forced to sell my 92 LS-L since I have to move to the east coast and I dont have time to drive it. I can only hope that I will be able to locate another one that is in similarly good condition out there but I am going to be SVX-less for a bit and Im not happy about it. Any SVXers around the Washington DC area know of any nice ones? Thanks

0260N4

Aredubjay 08-16-2002 12:52 PM

Re: Its got to go

Quote:

Originally posted by 0260N4
I hate to do this but I am forced to sell my 92 LS-L since I have to move to the east coast and I dont have time to drive it. I can only hope that I will be able to locate another one that is in similarly good condition out there but I am going to be SVX-less for a bit and Im not happy about it. Any SVXers around the Washington DC area know of any nice ones? Thanks

0260N4

Ron Mummert is usually happy to help people in the DC area. With him on the job, you won't be SVXless for long. There are several in the newspaper each day.

Since you're coming to that area, you may also wan to hook up with SVXit. He lives and works in the area. Also, make plans to go to Reading IV (a traditional annual SVX event) and meet some of us nutzoids you've only met on the net. Actually, you will have a "gaggle" of SVXers to interact with, once you get to the area.

Looking forward to having you on this end of the world.

vkykam 08-16-2002 08:10 PM

If you don't have the time to drive it over, why not just pay to have it shipped?

VK

0260N4 08-16-2002 08:46 PM

I am changing jobs and lack sufficient fundage to ship it, otherwise I absolutely would. It would cost me about $2k to pack it up and ship it, not to mention that would take several weeks. I have neither the time nor the funds.

dromano 08-16-2002 09:11 PM

What about some one to drive it for you for less?

Ron Mummert 08-16-2002 11:01 PM

Let me know - 1. When you're gonna' be here. 2. When you're ready to buy. 3. What's your criteria. PM me.
Oh - pay for my flight to Alaska, & I'll drive yours back for expenses plus 50 boxes 'o vino.

Ron.

MNYPNNY 08-16-2002 11:26 PM

I'll do it for expenses.
Never seen Alaska, would love to!!

~~Michelle

wasions 08-16-2002 11:31 PM

Forget expenses. If I had the vacation time, I'd do it for gas money! I have wanted to drive the AlCan ever since I got Kermit.

(Don't PM me. Vacation time is just what I don't have. :( )

phoenix96 08-17-2002 01:12 PM

Quote:

I am changing jobs and lack sufficient fundage to ship it, otherwise I absolutely would. It would cost me about $2k to pack it up and ship it, not to mention that would take several weeks. I have neither the time nor the funds.
Are you serious? My car cost $600 to ship from Florida to California, and it took only a week.

0260N4 08-17-2002 01:37 PM

Thanks everybody but it will be much easier for me to sell it and get a new one. I highly recommend the drive up the Alcan for anyone who hasnt done it before - very scenic. As for shipping cars from Alaska it takes anywhere from 3-7 days from Seattle then however much more from there. I looked at having an SVX shipped up and it broke down like this: SAN-SEA $700 SEA-ANC $1100. 2-3 weeks estimated travel time. No thanks.

CopsodyX 08-17-2002 06:54 PM

Quote:

Hummm...i'll do it before 9/08...

UStifosi 08-19-2002 07:22 AM

New to area

Where in the DC area are you relocating? I'm out the Toll Rd. near Dulles airport. I monitor the used car section of the Washington Post pretty much every weekend. Usually, there is at least one listed for sale. A couple of weeks ago there were 3. How much do you want to spend?

0260N4 08-19-2002 01:44 PM

I dont have a place yet but I am trying to be as close to Dulles as I can get. Ideally I would like a place near Herndon since thats where the job is but on my limited budget I guess I have to be flexible...

WestCoastSVX 08-19-2002 01:56 PM

Scott - good luck in the new job and new location. Hope you can find a good home for the SVX too. I'd take it off your hands but can't afford to keep 2 right now...

glide 08-19-2002 03:04 PM

might have a solution for you

I am considering selling my SVX, I'll probably post a new thread in this section after I reply to you, but want ed to let you know first.

I got a company vehicle and just don't need it anymore. Plus I am thinking about a house.

Anyway, the car. It's a 92 LS-L, silver w/spoiler.
103,000 miles, runs like a champ.

Great condition. Sunroof sticks a little, I just think it needs cleaned.

I believe I am the second owner, had 66,000 miles and a brand new tranny when I bought it 3 years ago.

I had the wheel bearings replaced all around this spring, the timing belt replaced and had to put a new starter on it.

Tires are in good shape, but the rear tires are cupped so it has a vibration in the rear end, but nothing new tires won't fix.

Brand new stereo system. Kenwood deck CD/cassette, with new MB Quart speakers the whole way around. Sounds incredible.

I still have the original stereo and speakers that weren't blown.

I have a ski rack system for it if interested.

Can't think of anything else. Send me an e-mail if your interested.

ijs4602@hotmail.com