The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   SVX Parts Wanted (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   WTB: Power Steering Pump (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50098)

Mensaf 05-01-2009 11:26 AM

WTB: Power Steering Pump

I got underneath the car and fluid seems to be coming out of the back of the pump and onto the rack and pinion, so I might have a chance. This is pending, and I'd prefer a Jersey pickup, but I'll take shipping option to, as I doubt this is something regularly stocked.

Mike621 05-01-2009 12:03 PM

Re: WTB: Power Steering Pump

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mensaf (Post 599684)
I got underneath the car and fluid seems to be coming out of the back of the pump and onto the rack and pinion, so I might have a chance. This is pending, and I'd prefer a Jersey pickup, but I'll take shipping option to, as I doubt this is something regularly stocked.

Omar,

We have at least one on the shelf.

Mensaf 05-01-2009 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike621 (Post 599687)
Omar,

We have at least one on the shelf.

Werd. I'm not going to get any time to take it apart until tomorrow. I'll let you know when I pull it out. Mind pricing it for me? I know you guys are in tomorrow, but until what time? I have a final tomorrow at noon, and then I having nothing until the coming Friday. If it's the pump, at least it won't be that big a deal.

Mike621 05-01-2009 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mensaf (Post 599688)
Werd. I'm not going to get any time to take it apart until tomorrow. I'll let you know when I pull it out. Mind pricing it for me? I know you guys are in tomorrow, but until what time? I have a final tomorrow at noon, and then I having nothing until the coming Friday. If it's the pump, at least it won't be that big a deal.

If its a leak youre worried about, the orings under the reservoir always go bad.

Mensaf 05-01-2009 01:34 PM

Would they go out of the blue and have the fluid leak out as fast as you pour them in?

benebob 05-01-2009 04:32 PM

You sure it isn't a broken hose. If it is then take it to a hydro shop and have 'em make you a new one in the color and texture of your choice.;)

ensteele 05-01-2009 08:18 PM

I have had a low pressure hose go and it ran out as fast as I poured it in. :(

Mensaf 05-01-2009 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benebob (Post 599702)
You sure it isn't a broken hose. If it is then take it to a hydro shop and have 'em make you a new one in the color and texture of your choice.;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele (Post 599745)
I have had a low pressure hose go and it ran out as fast as I poured it in. :(

I can't find my jackstands anywhere, and I'm afraid of getting under there with only the jack, seeing as how I stand less of a chance against the SVX than I do with a 240 or something :lol: I need to get to this asap in the AM.

My dad also said it might be a hose rather than the pump. In all my years, I've never had a power steering hose go, just pumps and rack and pinions. I just need to get this back on the road.