The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   another svx lost :( (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33503)

awdsvxh6 06-02-2006 09:55 PM

another svx lost :(

4 Attachment(s)
i was going around 60 and a kid in a lancer coming the opposite direction decides to turn left without stopping and i just ran straight into the side of his car never hitting the brakes. i opened my eyes and saw an airbag in my face and was like no way this is real and i went to get out of my car and the driverside door only opened half way and then i was shaking i was so mad. and then i saw the front end. nothing has happened yet with insurance but it will be totalled.

SVX-FF 06-02-2006 10:00 PM

dude that totly sucks. Are you ok? I'm sorry.

thats two in one day :( :(

Steve

subi-crosser 06-02-2006 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awdsvxh6
i was going around 60 and a kid in a lancer coming the opposite direction decides to turn left without stopping and i just ran straight into the side of his car never hitting the brakes. i opened my eyes and saw an airbag in my face and was like no way this is real and i went to get out of my car and the driverside door only opened half way and then i was shaking i was so mad. and then i saw the front end. nothing has happened yet with insurance but it will be totalled.

I feel your pain!!! Hope the kid has good insurance, and a lousey lawyer!!!

Others take note!! Get your car APPRAISED,KEEP RECIEPTS, and have photos on file at YOUR insurance co, OR you only get 'average book' when this ugly thing happens to you!!!

With an appraisel, you will be compensated based on the appraisel, instead of the kelly blue book!!

Been there, hit that! ( only mine was a CEMENT truck!)

Jerry

awdsvxh6 06-02-2006 10:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i just got a burn on my left arm from the air bag and then i woke up this morning and my whole right side was throbbing so i had to go to the hospital and get x rays and they gave me alot of drugs and muscle relaxers to ease the pain and hit hurts when i move it but nothing is broke just streched out. thanks for asking. im just upset cuz we put so much money into the car and i wont get it back. 3400 alone on the trann and i know that ruin, i mean the tow truck guys just rolled it up there in park in the flat bed and i was yelling at them and they did nothing.

SVXRide 06-02-2006 10:11 PM

Quote:

i just got a burn on my left arm from the air bag and then i woke up this morning and my whole right side was throbbing so i had to go to the hospital and get x rays and they gave me alot of drugs and muscle relaxers to ease the pain and hit hurts when i move it but nothing is broke just streched out. thanks for asking. im just upset cuz we put so much money into the car and i wont get it back. 3400 alone on the trann and i know that ruin, i mean the tow truck guys just rolled it up there in park in the flat bed and i was yelling at them and they did nothing.

Definitely follow Jerry's advice. I'd also add that you should dig up every receipt you've got on work done (especially the trans!!)
-Bill

subi-crosser 06-02-2006 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXRide
Definitely follow Jerry's advice. I'd also add that you should dig up every receipt you've got on work done (especially the trans!!)
-Bill

Most insurance co's don't cover mods, unless you can show proof!!

Jerry

awdsvxh6 06-02-2006 10:18 PM

we're still looking for the tranny papers cuz it only has like 10k on it. and my dad said it is probably ruined, and that costed $3400 to rebuild it. i'll let u know, but i went and looked at the car today and that car still looks badass with the front end busted up.

svxistentialist 06-03-2006 03:47 AM

Quote:

we're still looking for the tranny papers cuz it only has like 10k on it. and my dad said it is probably ruined, and that costed $3400 to rebuild it. i'll let u know, but i went and looked at the car today and that car still looks badass with the front end busted up.

I am sorry to read this. Your car looked real cool before the bang.

Go with the advice, look for everything. I'm glad you have only superficials and bruising, been there also, and I hope the other kid is OK, for all his bad driving.

I would imagine your car is totalled, the engine is back. Buy another SVX, and when the car is written off, it could be a wise move to buy the wreck from the insurance company. That way you get back your good tranny, scrap the rest. I'm betting the tranny is not damaged, in saying that.

Take care of yourself, and watch out for those "last minute" people.

Joe

Suby Fan 06-03-2006 06:25 AM

is this the month for crashes or something?

DanSVX94 06-03-2006 08:48 AM

Wow, sorry to hear about your accident. 60mph?

Maybe you should see a chiropractor and doctor so the insurance company pays for your pain.

SVXyGirl 06-03-2006 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suby Fan
is this the month for crashes or something?

Drivers just seem to be getting worse. I'm always paranoid someone is going to hit my car. I've had several close calls too.

Sorry to see another wrecked SVX. Good luck with everything. Hope you feel better soon.

SubaRyu 06-03-2006 10:38 AM

Sorry to hear another nice SVX got ruined. Yeah I think there were too many SVXs got ruined recently. Why is that? Too bad even if you drive safe and good, others might not. Glad that you are OK after what happened. Good luck with the insurance and the car.

Beav 06-03-2006 10:49 AM

Chiropractor? Find a good neurosurgeon. The pain you feel today will go away soon enough, it's the pain that will come back and haunt you for the rest of your life that you really want to avoid. Do it now before it becomes a problem.

briansel 06-03-2006 11:23 AM

really sorry to see another one gone (3 weeks after i lost mine), hope everything goes as well as it can. dont let the insurance company take the car, you'll get more money/use out of it on your own. best of luck to you.

ensteele 06-03-2006 11:34 AM

I am so sorry to hear about your SVX. The best news is that you were not hurt as bad as you could have been. Thank goodness that these cars are as safe as they are. Take the advise of the others. Good luck. :(