The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Down Under (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   *Giggle* (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50502)

McTaff 06-05-2009 02:24 AM

*Giggle*

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...f/P1010194.jpg

aust92pearl 06-05-2009 03:56 AM

Re: *Giggle*

haha nice it would look like an alien space craft comin towards you at night lol does it do the whole nightrider thing to the beat of music or something
how did u do it ?
i was thinking about doin something similar but painting the bar and having a subaru or svx logo light up wen the light is on

McTaff 06-06-2009 04:01 AM

Freaky, huh?

(aust92pearl, sent you a PM)

BoxerFanatic 06-06-2009 01:25 PM

Indeed, nice job...

The only pertinent question is... how do others do it similarly?

NikFu S. 06-06-2009 01:43 PM

That's doooooooooope!

Teehee! :lol:

subbieatnz 06-08-2009 12:05 AM

Re: That's doooooooooope!

Hehe that looks pretty cool. +1 on how did you do that.

McTaff 06-21-2009 09:12 PM

Thread restarted here: http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...147#post606147

Please reply there.

Time to spill the beans: My dad actually came up with the idea and implementation, not me. But we can replicate the process :D We are still ironing out the kinks, so to speak, so stand by on details.

It was a one off at first, but I can see the attraction. Plus, it draws very little power, so that's a good plus.

Generally it's a simply process, but we are still playing with different equipment. Once we get it finalised I'll post up the how-to.
We might see if it's worth making up kits and instructions, and send you all the stuff you need to make it work. Might be good for folks to simply have the whole lot mailed to them so they don't have a headache. (How much will that cost? No idea.)
Alternatively, we are happy to modify one if you send it to us. All we need is your centre grille, and we'll charge you for parts, postage and a bit extra to pay for the beer we drink while we do it. (How much will that cost? No idea.)

If you're interested in a kit or for us to do the work, simply shoot me a PM with your email address and I'll start a list over the next month or two and find out who wants one. Once we know that I'll find out how much I can get the parts for and see how people want it. We aren't trying to make a millions off this or anything, as we'll post up the how-to, we will just give you the option.

-

Also, if anyone has a "Smallcar" style grille they'd like to 'spice up' (i.e. not OEM, I mean one of the aftermarket mesh style grilles), I'd like to have a go at a light up Subaru badge to fit in it. Would be good on a car that has no bonnet/hood badge. Will do it at cost plus postage (and beer money). Given the hardware I would use in making it, this could cost more than twenty bucks depending on what I can get to fit, and if you don't mind me cutting holes in it. It won't be too bright, I'll aim to light it up enough to be noticed but not shine extremely bright (for potential legality reasons).

McTaff 12-18-2009 11:57 PM

Finally!

Click here for the post in the sub-$100 thread, follow link within that post for more details.

BRADY 12-19-2009 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aust92pearl (Post 603980)
haha nice it would look like an alien space craft comin towards you at night lol does it do the whole nightrider thing to the beat of music or something
how did u do it ?
i was thinking about doin something similar but painting the bar and having a subaru or svx logo light up wen the light is on

That is cool too. OR, have it say "MOVE OVER!" in reverse, so when you inevitably are stuck behind someone, you flash your grill message to them and they politely move aside and let the SVX pass.:banana:

Subix 12-20-2009 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRADY (Post 628357)
That is cool too. OR, have it say "MOVE OVER!" in reverse, so when you inevitably are stuck behind someone, you flash your grill message to them and they politely move aside and let the SVX pass.:banana:

Not sure why but after reading that I pictured someone honking their horn with the grill lighting up at the same time. My imaginations... ;)

svxcess 12-20-2009 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subix (Post 628474)
Not sure why but after reading that I pictured someone honking their horn with the grill lighting up at the same time. My imaginations... ;)

Just for fun, I tried that when I was wiring up my lightbar. I hooked the 12V positive lead to the + side of my Supertones.

Worked great, but by the time you blew the horn to get someones attention and released the horn button, the light went off before they could see it.