The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   First experience with 1stsubaruparts.com (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4345)

Mr. Pockets 05-31-2002 12:30 PM

First experience with 1stsubaruparts.com

Well, at long last, here are my notes from my first experience with 1stsubaruparts.com.

Placing my order was very easy. Having it fulfilled was a little more difficult. I'd like to think Scott just had a bad couple of weeks, so I'll most likely order from this place again to give them another chance. At the very least, I find 1stsubaruparts.com preferable because when I call, a person answers the phone every time. Usually it's Scott.

Anyway, my notes. I took these because otherwise I'd forget what happened and when.

Ordered 5.17.02 Scott said he'd email me with a total and tracking info.

Called 5.22.02 Parts had not shipped, would go out the next day. Alternator had come in 5.22, but shipping person was out of the office - husband in motorcycle accident.

Called 5.28.02 for status and tracking number. Parts had not shipped. Beige floormats were not in stock, as site listed. Scott says parts, minus floormats, will be shipped today, should be here 5.29 or 5.30. Floormats should be in 5.28 or 5.29 and wil ship separately.

Called 5.29.02 for status and tracking number. Part still had not been shipped. Scott said he'd box them himself and they'd be here 5.30.

5.30.02 Received email from 1stsubaruparts.com and Airborne Express over night. Part had been shipped. Address was wrong in three places (company name, city and zip code), package would be delivered one day late, 5.31

5.31.02 Received package. Parts were packaged very poorly, so one spark plug was damaged slightly.

1994SubaruSVX 05-31-2002 12:47 PM

that was not encouraging.....

what the hell is wrong with these guys that they can not do their jobs. nothing pisses me off more than to order something and get a damaged shipment. just too much hassle.

i am about to order a front brake hardware kit. if anyone else has bought from 1stsubaru please post your experience. :confused:

Seraph 05-31-2002 12:52 PM

In my case, subaruparts.com and my dealer costs about the same. Might as well pick it up from the dealer.

Lwin

1994SubaruSVX 05-31-2002 12:58 PM

that is not my experience at all.....

dealer here is about 20-30% higher on parts that subaruparts.com or 1stsubaruparts.com. great for you lwin but not for me.

Aredubjay 05-31-2002 01:12 PM

Re: that is not my experience at all.....

Quote:

Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
dealer here is about 20-30% higher on parts that subaruparts.com or 1stsubaruparts.com. great for you lwin but not for me.
Leo,
That's usually the case.

Seraph, if that's true (I have no reason to doubt you), I'll just have you pick up my parts at your dealer from now on, and ship them to me. I'll be making a list. :D

Mr. Pockets 05-31-2002 01:37 PM

To be fair, Scott is incredibly polite and, I believe, genuinely wants to make his customers happy. He also knows a great deal about these cars, or is willing to go to great legths to find out if he does not. I consider that an asset, as well.

I will give Scott and 1stsubaruparts.com another try or two and see what happens - and I'll let you know when I do.

1994SubaruSVX 05-31-2002 01:53 PM

i have to trust your recommendation....

if you are willing to give them another chance, especially considering how picky you are :p , then i am willing to give them a shot.

Mr. Pockets 05-31-2002 02:33 PM

Re: i have to trust your recommendation....

Quote:

if you are willing to give them another chance, especially considering how picky you are :p , then i am willing to give them a shot.
Customer service is just very, very important to me. And, while 1stsubaruparts.com failed in many regards, well, they try hard. :)

1994SubaruSVX 05-31-2002 03:43 PM

talking to a person is pretty nice too....

i hate the impersonal touch of email and vm when i am trying to buy something.

Mr. Pockets 05-31-2002 03:56 PM

Re: talking to a person is pretty nice too....

Quote:

i hate the impersonal touch of email and vm when i am trying to buy something.
Email? Voicemail? I have yet to receive a single response of any kind when dealing with subaruparts.com. That's why I'm willing to give Scott and his new employer another chance or two. :)

1994SubaruSVX 05-31-2002 04:01 PM

i bought from subaruparts.com

once when scott was there and i actually got through to him. i do like scott because he is very helpful and willing to do what ever it takes to get your business. once i had to cancel an order and he was really cool about it too.

Uncamitzi 05-31-2002 06:02 PM

Maybe I forgot.... But

I was nothing but happy with the service and support I got from 1stsubaruparts.com Radiator, Condensor, Fan shroud, and even the cigarlighter I Added at the last min came as promised!!! Good Job Scott. Thank you! and there is another order being readied, (the dreaded interior parts!!!!!) :cool:

immortal_suby 05-31-2002 06:33 PM

I just got 2 knock sensors from 1stsubaru parts. Ordered on a sunday and got them a week and a half later. Parts were packaged well and as far as I know they are the right parts. I have no complaints.