The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   anyone from knoxville, tn? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27219)

Jayahalasi 07-08-2005 11:52 AM

anyone from knoxville, tn?

I Have seen a few SVX's Driving around here in Knoxville, before and after I got mine. I haven't gotten close enough to any to determine year or anything. But, I have seen a later model polo green, an emerald green (the earlier green), a burgandy, and a barcelona (I think) red. my friend also spotted an ebony one. Anyone on here?

NapaBavarian 07-08-2005 11:55 AM

How is it? I need to move somewhere new...

gsodonis 07-09-2005 08:13 AM

Knoxville ebony here

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayahalasi
I Have seen a few SVX's Driving around here in Knoxville, before and after I got mine. I haven't gotten close enough to any to determine year or anything. But, I have seen a later model polo green, an emerald green (the earlier green), a burgandy, and a barcelona (I think) red. my friend also spotted an ebony one. Anyone on here?

I'm the Knoxvillian with the Ebony 92 5-speed with dark tint and 18" Enkeis. I've only seen a few as well but I think that you're the only other Knoxvillian (other than myself) on these boards. I commute to Rockwood and there are at least 4 there in that small hamlet (not inlcuding me). Mini meet time?

huck369 07-09-2005 10:28 AM

The Club Secretary lives in Oak Ridge.....

So how's the car doing?

It sure was a quick car with those 4.44's in it.... :D

gsodonis 07-10-2005 08:11 AM

She's doing well

Quote:

Originally Posted by huck369
The Club Secretary lives in Oak Ridge.....

So how's the car doing?

It sure was a quick car with those 4.44's in it.... :D

The car is doing superb! It's doing even better with an underdriven Motorsport Warehouse pulley, ECU tune v.4 chip and a new high flow cat, sensors and exhaust work.

I only recently figured out that I had 4.44's (from someone posting their RPM at different speeds). What's amazing is that I still get a combined (80% HWY/20% CTY) 24 - 25 MPG.

A friend with whom I work drives a slightly modded WRX (Vishnu stage zero ECU, catless up-pipe & downpipe) and we regularly drive home at the same time. The eastbound highway onramp in Rockwood, TN (to get us home to Knoxville) is a constant radius 'S' curve leading onto a 1 mile, 3-4% uphill grade onto I-40. We can both pull 65 - 70 MPH through the S-bend (posted 30 MPH) and my combination of 4.44's and 5-speed actually help me pull 10 - 20 car lengths at the top of that incline. We figure that he's pulling around 270HP with his setup, so the 13 year old SVX can still run with the young kid on the block. I'd love to put some instrumentation on her to get a real 0-60 and 1/4mile time someday, but the car feels (and drives) a lot faster than 230 stock HP have a right to.

huck369 07-10-2005 11:48 AM

Yeah, the 4.44's really wake up the SVX, but I was actually asking Jayahalasi, as I sold him his car, and was wondering how it's doing (it has a 4.44 Auto in it)

gsodonis 07-11-2005 07:03 AM

Whoops

Huck, my bad. I did find it odd that you knew so much about my car, but then again, since you invented the 5-speed swap, I assumed you knew many of the existing 5-speed offspring. 4.44's don't just wake up the SVX; they kick it out of bed!

huck369 07-11-2005 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsodonis
Huck, my bad. I did find it odd that you knew so much about my car, but then again, since you invented the 5-speed swap, I assumed you knew many of the existing 5-speed offspring. 4.44's don't just wake up the SVX; they kick it out of bed!

Hehe...that's right, I know all 5-speed SVX’s….I’ve got a telepathic connection to them…. :D

You should bring yours up to the Somernites Cruise sometime (4th Sat of each month) as Knoxville is only a couple hours away. :cool:

Beav 07-11-2005 04:27 PM

Would that be the 23rd this month? I've got a 2 day hybrid class in Cincy Thurs & Friday, then a rear axle bearing for a buddy on Saturday morning. Hmmm... I wonder if he'd be up for a little additional drive....

Jayahalasi 07-12-2005 08:20 AM

awesome to know someone else around here.

huck cars doing great... now.

I just had to replace the power steering pump and water pump.

but now no probs and I Love the 4.44s.

gsodonis I too have a friend with a modded WRX that I Sport drive with (not race thats Illegal) I can all but keep up with him and he's puching close to 300hp.

PS. Is there anywhere in Knoxville that can work on the SVX I've gotten burned at Grayson a couple times Already

thanks

gsodonis 07-12-2005 08:30 AM

SVX mechanic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayahalasi
PS. Is there anywhere in Knoxville that can work on the SVX I've gotten burned at Grayson a couple times Already

thanks

If you need something large done, forget Grayson - they're a bunch of idiots. Their sales staff doesn't even know what the SVX is and they are a Subaru dealership.

I do most of my own work on the SVX and can show you/help you with the easier stuff (I have a well equipped garage), but the larger items that may require some car downtime I leave to Earl Duff Subaru in Rockwood, TN. These guys know their stuff and are very familiar with the SVX. Their prices are reasonable and they even give you a free loaner if the car has to be there overnight or for extended periods of time. The owner of the dealership drives a pristine blue 1996 SVX with something like 30K miles on it. Their service writer is Darrell; just ask for him by name.

Jayahalasi 07-12-2005 11:28 AM

the sales staff at grayson (atleast the ones I've spoken to) seem to be cool. and definately know what an SVX is the service department sucks though. HARD. I Live REALLY far from ealr duff but I may have to check them out in the future.

thanks for the Info

huck369 07-12-2005 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beav
Would that be the 23rd this month? I've got a 2 day hybrid class in Cincy Thurs & Friday, then a rear axle bearing for a buddy on Saturday morning. Hmmm... I wonder if he'd be up for a little additional drive....

Beav, yep it is on the 23rd this month, so come on down if ya get the chance!

And yes, Earl Duff is the dealer to take it to for service , it's a great little family owned, Subaru only dealership, and they like the SVX there....

Rd96SVX 07-14-2005 05:53 PM

I'm not in knoxville, but since this kinda has a Somernites cruise underlying theme..

I will most likely be there again this month, very cool.. and then in August.. on the 27th It will be the 5 yr anniversary reunion (wouldn't miss that)

and Beav, I'm pretty sure I sighted you not too long ago, I wanna say it was two thursdays ago maybe (I saw a dark green/emerald SVX with tinted windows on Cannons lane about 5 pm)

Beav 07-14-2005 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rd96SVX
and Beav, I'm pretty sure I sighted you not too long ago, I wanna say it was two thursdays ago maybe (I saw a dark green/emerald SVX with tinted windows on Cannons lane about 5 pm)

Could be, I frequent that area at times. I work @ Bluegrass Lincoln-Mercury and occasionally date a lady that lives near the east end of Seneca. However I don't have tinted windows.

There is another emerald SVX in Clifton/Crescent Hill, near St. Whoever's (St. Joeseph's? I'm horrible with all names) and Brownsboro Rd. It has large, white SVX graphics on each side, mounted diagonally. Probably got them at the grafix shop on Ewing & Frankfort.

I saw another emerald on Hubbards Lane & Westport Rd. this afternoon. Got a quick wave from them. And yes, they were using all their fingers... :D