The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Site navigaton instructions (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12317)

ensteele 07-30-2003 02:02 PM

Site navigaton instructions

After seeing more people post the same message on all of the forums to make sure people see it, I thought I might help some members out with an easy way to see all of the new posts without missing any. It is an easy way to read only the new posts and not waste time with the old ones unless you want to. It also eliminates thinking you have to post on all forums to make sure someone sees your post.

When you come into the "The Subaru SVX NETWORK" if you look on the right side of the page just under the rectangular tabs, you will see "Welcome back, Your Handle" (See below)

Welcome back, ensteele
You last visited: 07-30-2003 12:38 PM.
The time now is 12:42 PM. View New Posts.
Welcome to our newest member, lazybastard.

If you go to the third line - The time is now X:XX, View New Posts, click on "View New Posts", it will show all of the new posts that have occured after you logged off the last time in any of the forums and threads. It will also bring up any or all of the forums that have had a new post. If it takes a long time to read all of them, I always go back to "The Subaru SVX NETWORK" and then click on "View New Posts" again to make sure I did not miss any. When you are all done, go to the bottom of the page and click on "Mark all Forums Read" That way you will start all over.

If you post a responce to a thread, just click the back button to get back to where you were before you posted.

The order is from the newest post to the oldest as you go down the page or pages.

This way, you have a chance to see all of the new posts, not miss any and see them where ever they are.

If you have any questions, let me know and I will try to answer them.

Happy Reading and Posting!

The Subaru SVX NETWORK" again, and then on :)

svxxx26 07-30-2003 08:56 PM

Re: Site navigaton instructions

Quote:

Originally posted by ensteele

Welcome back, ensteele
You last visited: 07-30-2003 12:38 PM.
The time now is 12:42 PM. View New Posts.
Welcome to our newest member, lazybastard.

Thanks for the tutorial, I always wondered how to do that...errrrr, does the site always call you a lazybastard when you log on?

ensteele 07-30-2003 09:10 PM

Just now and then, or when you deserve it. :D :D :D

svx_commuter 07-31-2003 05:13 AM

Re: Site navigaton instructions

Quote:

Originally posted by ensteele
......................Happy Reading and Posting!

The Subaru SVX NETWORK" again, and then on :)

Reading:confused:

Thanks Earl but Reading is still a few months away. :D

ensteele 07-31-2003 11:10 AM

Ooooops - my mistake. :D Happy posting anyway! :)

CDG 07-31-2003 05:09 PM

Earl, your post count is climbing rapidly.

ensteele 07-31-2003 09:59 PM

That is what happens when you only show up here every few weeks. I am not waiting for you to ask a question! :) Now you see what happens when someone multiposts! :D :D :D