The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Box O parts from subaruparts.com (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8518)

kuoh 01-30-2003 06:50 PM

Box O parts from subaruparts.com

$558 worth of arrived today from subaruparts.com! :eek: :D I don't know whether to be happy or sad. This along with the $260 rotors, $500 tires, $140 wheels, $260 alternator and other miscellaneous parts puts me at almost $2000 for parts in the last 3 weeks. And I'm not even close to being half way through. She is one expensive gal to keep happy. :rolleyes:

I have to give subaruparts.com credit, my online order went through very smoothly despite the many special order items. When I mentioned that my water pump was leaking and I needed the parts ASAP, they upgraded me to second day shipping without charge so I could have them before the weekend. Now if we can just get SOA to quit selling $5 O-rings & washers...

http://members.aol.com/kuoh/parts1.jpg
http://members.aol.com/kuoh/parts2.jpg

KuoH

Noir 01-30-2003 07:11 PM

i know the feeling kuoh,

i just got my rotors in from irotors today 380 bucks
yesterday was from liberty subaru for 600 in parts
and day before was axles from raxles for 300 bucks

i just ordered some more stuff for 200 bucks.

it's getting expensive

ensteele 01-30-2003 10:20 PM

At least you are getting something for your money. I have to pay almost that each month to my X, and she is the one who ran away with what used to be my friend.:mad: Maybe that will make you feel a little better. :rolleyes: I have to look at it that way when I buy parts for my cars. Yes, it is expensive to keep the cars happy, but so was the .. I'm not going there. :rolleyes: :)

wasions 01-31-2003 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ensteele93
At least you are getting something for your money. I have to pay almost that each month to my X, and she is the one who ran away with what used to be my friend.:mad: Maybe that will make you feel a little better. :rolleyes: I have to look at it that way when I buy parts for my cars. Yes, it is expensive to keep the cars happy, but so was the .. I'm not going there. :rolleyes: :)
Look at the bright side. You got to keep the fish! :D :cool: :eek:

svx_commuter 01-31-2003 04:59 AM

Quote:

Yes I agree the SVX will not run off with my friend. :)

sfsvx 01-31-2003 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by svx_commuter

Yes I agree the SVX will not run off with my friend. :)

But your friend might run off with your SVX! :D

benebob 01-31-2003 08:25 AM

Parts

Quote:

So now we know why you're stocking up on all the spare SVX parts in the country!:D

cbx-man 01-31-2003 10:49 AM

Re: Box O parts from subaruparts.com

Quote:

Originally posted by kuoh

...When I mentioned that my water pump was leaking and I needed the parts ASAP...

KuoH

I have some bad news for you. The water leak is the sign that the water pump is failing. I just did the replacement myself and there is a small threaded hole in the back of the pump that CAN'T be seen because it between the water pump and the oil pump. You may be able to feel it with your pinky finger...
Anyways when I got my new water pump I noticed the hole and no plug for it. The old water pump had a rusty water trail pouring out of that hole, so that is the indicator for pump failure. I had to look at my other SVX to confirm that there wasn't a plug for the hole that was ommited. New pump is on and no plug and no leaks! :D I will post a picture of the bad pump in my locker.

sbkim 01-31-2003 12:59 PM

I know of some chics who are more expensive to maintain than that ;) and there is nothing to show for after spending all that money...

I ordered about $200 parts from Liberty Subaru. Great people - lower prices than Subaruparts.com and a lot cheaper shipping/handling. In fact KuoH is putting on my timing belt and waterpump as I write. Poor ba$tard :D