The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   A leap of faith (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=64879)

svxcess 05-28-2019 02:02 PM

A leap of faith

1 Attachment(s)
On a whim, I took the polo out for its first startup and drive in almost two years. In the past four years it only accumulated 118 miles.

Checked the tires and they had not lost more than 2 lbs. during that entire time. Fluids were fine. Just bumped the starter a few times to build up oil pressure, then it started right up and idled fine.

No warning lights, odd smells, noises or leaks. Slight rubbing sound from the rear brakes when making very tight turns.

I suspect it may be a bad pad or a slightly rubbing dust shield. Engine runs smoothly, transmission shifts flawlessly and power mode works as I remember.

No squealing noises when braking. The bouncing lagging speedo I had just resolved itself and works fine.

All systems and gauges seem normal. Oil was changed almost 4 years ago and looks fine. Same with the ATF. Climate control blows cold and operates as it should

I decided it was too much fun driving it for it to remain a garage queen anymore. She will not a daily driver but I decided not to worry about things beyond my control.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/atta...1&d=1559078941

LarryIII 05-28-2019 03:14 PM

Re: A leap of faith

John,

I hope your using synthetic oil like Mobil 1. So go out and drive it and have some FUN.
I finally got the paperwork for the 2008 Outback and went to DMV and had it registered in Delaware this morning .
I am now waiting for the vanity plate. Delaware now gets their plates from Canada because it's cheaper than having prisoners make them (go figure). Making license plates must now be considered cruel and unusual punishment. They should try working under a car in an unheated garage in winter.

irox 05-28-2019 05:14 PM

Looks great! Nice rims! :-)

Enjoy!

WYOSVX 05-28-2019 05:18 PM

Good idea!
May as well enjoy it the way it was meant to be enjoyed. The road.

If you can park in a handicapped spot that's half the battle for avoiding damage, at least in my experience.

Have fun, enjoy the looks on people's faces.

RedLionSVX 05-29-2019 06:40 AM

I applaud you! As soon as I sort out my AC situation, I plan on driving mine all summer.

theflystyle 05-29-2019 06:46 AM

Congrats John and I hope you enjoy doing what it was built to do..... DRIVE!

If I didn't have such a small driveway I would be driving mine way more often. Its a hassle to move cars around to get the SVX out - 1st world problems.

When your in the area let me know, I would love to check out this pristine condition SVX in person.

Aredubjay 05-29-2019 01:04 PM

Now see....if you'd only done this a couple of weeks ago, you wouldn't have missed READING! :)

SSSVX 06-15-2019 03:58 AM

How many people showed up? :)

John didn't go:eek: Did OT go??

I no longer have my two SVXi. I sold them before
I moved back to Asia two plus years ago.

Aredubjay 06-15-2019 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSSVX (Post 751033)
How many people showed up? :)

John didn't go:eek: Did OT go??

I no longer have my two SVXi. I sold them before
I moved back to Asia two plus years ago.

OT actually DID come, and we were so happy to see him.

theflystyle 06-17-2019 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aredubjay (Post 751034)

Thats awesome! I hope things are getting better for him.

SSSVX 06-18-2019 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aredubjay (Post 751034)

Happy to hear that.

Hope all of you are doing great there.

shotgunslade 07-04-2019 11:39 AM

Just took my '95 Emerald Pearl out this morning for some country road carving. First time since Reading. Beautiful morning. Awesome car.