The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Penny's a Probe? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21358)

MNYPNNY 09-16-2004 11:02 AM

Penny's a Probe?

The guy at the alignment/tire shop this morning called my car a Probe. He looked at me kinda funny when I burst out laughing... :p

Earthworm 09-16-2004 11:04 AM

How out was the alignment? I got an alignment on my SVX yesterday. It was very close considering the new suspension! :)

Chiketkd 09-16-2004 11:33 AM

I would have burst out laughing too! :p

-Chike

Alycone 09-16-2004 12:11 PM

I dunno if my reaction would be laughter. ;)

I was at a body shop, they asked a guy to "pull the Subaru SVX around" for me. Guy comes back 10 minutes later "I don't see any Subarus on the lot....??" :rolleyes:

Royal Tiger 09-16-2004 01:15 PM

I would have told him that those are fightin' words mister! fords are what are rusting away out back. This is a Subaru!! :D

NikFu S. 09-16-2004 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Alycone
I dunno if my reaction would be laughter. ;)

I was at a body shop, they asked a guy to "pull the Subaru SVX around" for me. Guy comes back 10 minutes later "I don't see any Subarus on the lot....??" :rolleyes:

roffle

mikecg 09-16-2004 05:53 PM

Re: Penny's a Probe?

Quote:

Originally posted by thndrmtn92svx
The guy at the alignment/tire shop this morning called my car a Probe. He looked at me kinda funny when I burst out laughing... :p
I would have told him I was going to go someplace else. If your going to do work on a car, you should at least know what it is. It kind of helps you find the right parts / specs.

He may have given you a discount if you could have kept a straight face when you said it.

MNYPNNY 09-16-2004 08:47 PM

It's all cool.... he actually just glanced out the window and when I said what it was, he backpedaled.
As it turned out we got a really good deal. Hubby's truck needed an alignment and new tires too (in fact, he was a few miles away from a major blowout.... don't buy Sam's Club tires). We ended up with a real break on both sets of tires and on both alignments. Was sorta scary how far out Penny was...... that's what happens when you have suspension problems about which you have no idea..... :(
I can't believe how much better she feels! I wanna go drive this weekend!!!! But this is not the travelling weekend, next is......

MNYPNNY 09-16-2004 08:49 PM

Re: Re: Penny's a Probe?

Quote:

Originally posted by mikecg

I would have told him I was going to go someplace else. If your going to do work on a car, you should at least know what it is. It kind of helps you find the right parts / specs.

When you live in a small town, who knows what an SVX is???????

CigarJohnny 09-17-2004 05:30 AM

Hey, Michelle! Just make sure he did not do the alignment to Probe specs. :p

Q: "What is that? A Probe?"
A: "Why not bend over and we'll see!"
:D

Johnny

MNYPNNY 09-17-2004 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Earthworm
How out was the alignment? I got an alignment on my SVX yesterday. It was very close considering the new suspension! :)
Toe was out really bad on the front. I really couldn't tell by driving it, just a slight pull to the right. Guess those ball joints and broken axle really did a number on it though. But everything's nice now and the new tires sound and feel a lot better.

The bad news is that we shelled out quite a bit of change on both Penny and the Ranger today.... :(

Alycone 09-17-2004 02:43 PM

Why do people even bother guessing what kind of car it is? :rolleyes: :p

Kurt_W 09-17-2004 04:44 PM

I hate to be this way, but I have confused both 1g Probes and 1g DSMs (Eclipse/Talon/Laser) with SVX's before...but only at long distances. The tail lights on the Probe look very similiar to SVX tails and the front end on the DSM looks very similiar as well.

I will point out that I own 2 out of 4 of the SVX's in my area. I haven't seen a moving SVX (aside mine) in over a year...just not used to seeing them. :(

svxxx26 09-17-2004 05:10 PM

Probe?

Just for the hell of it, turn to page 21 of your Bible....errr...the R&T Guide to the Subaru SVX. Tell me the early SVX design sketch in the upper right corner doesn't look just like a Probe! :eek:

Matthewmongan 09-17-2004 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Kurt_W
I hate to be this way, but I have confused both 1g Probes and 1g DSMs (Eclipse/Talon/Laser) with SVX's before...but only at long distances. The tail lights on the Probe look very similiar to SVX tails and the front end on the DSM looks very similiar as well.

I will point out that I own 2 out of 4 of the SVX's in my area. I haven't seen a moving SVX (aside mine) in over a year...just not used to seeing them. :(

i have done the same thing too at night. it makes me feel unworthy of the svx but what she doesn't know wont hurt her.