The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bringing My Baby Home (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26012)

Canuck 05-06-2005 08:25 AM

Bringing My Baby Home

Hi Gang,
Well,I'm off to Vegas to pickup the first of my two SVXs. I guess it's true what they say "bet you can't buy just one."

Anyway I was up at 4:00 to catch a plane at 6:00 to leave from Regina to Calgary, then Calgary to L.A. and then L.A. to Vegas. When I got to the airport, I realized that Ididn't have all the ID I needed. My plane was to leave in 45 min. and I live about 20 min. out of town. I woke up my wife and she blitzed into town with my ID, I met her half way. I made it back to the airport with about 5 min to spare. That will sure wake you up in a hurry! My wife is the best!!!! My goal is to get back home on Mothers Day, this car is really going to be for her. She works hard and really deserves to cruise into town each day in style is this 92. Anyway, I'm sitting in the Calgary airport waiting for a few hours for my connection to L.A. I'm on my Treo cell phone/palm pilot right now. I want to sent pictures back to the forum for posting during my trip but can only do it through conventional email. If anyone can help me out by receiving my messages and posting them I'd appreciate it. Contact me at wildrides@gmail.com if you can help. Also, if any of you SVXers are along the route from Vegas to Salt Lake to Sweetgrass Montanat,let me know, I could use a coffee break (or two, or twenty).

RJ

svxthc 05-06-2005 08:59 AM

Hey bro, glad to see you got the svx! Give us details! You can email me pics at jcsilva1606@gmail.com and I'll post them :cool:

Dza 05-06-2005 10:59 AM

Congrats, fellow Regina-ite. I *must* check out your cars some day. I'll be getting my pearlie up through I-15 Sweetgrass MT crossing too any time now (trying for next weekend). Good luck with the trip.

-Dan

Chiketkd 05-06-2005 01:54 PM

RJ, congrats and good luck on your ride home!!! :)

-Chike

SSSVX 05-06-2005 01:59 PM

Congrats on your second svx purchase. :)

I'm sure your wife will love it. Have a safe trip back home. How far? A red 92? :confused: (from your signature.)

Anyway, you used your treo to access to network site? What model do you have? 650 or 600? What service provider are you with? Are you happy with the surfing speed? I'm thinking of getting one of those smart pda phones.... :)

ensteele 05-06-2005 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSSVX
Congrats on your second svx purchase. :)

I'm sure your wife will love it. Have a safe trip back home. How far? A red 92? :confused: (from your signature.)

Anyway, you used your treo to access to network site? What model do you have? 650 or 600? What service provider are you with? Are you happy with the surfing speed? I'm thinking of getting one of those smart pda phones.... :)

The red one is his 93. :)

Canuck 05-06-2005 08:26 PM

On The Road

Well, I made it to Vegas! The car was waiting for me at the valet service. It took about, oh, 30 seconds and I was in love with it. There are a few surprises but nothing major. I'll probably have to pick up a set of tires along the way.

I'm going to put some miles behind me while I'm fresh - I'll write more when I need a break - its a 30 hour drive.

And Hi to my wifr Donna and the kids who will be checking in on this log.

svxthc 05-06-2005 09:56 PM

Ahh surprise surprise I know what you mean mine had a crease in the front bumper but nothing major and the interior was brand new for an 12 year old car :) Glad to hear it, what did a gem like that cost you if you don't mind me asking? :rolleyes:

Canuck 05-06-2005 10:04 PM

Hurry Home Hon!

Glad to hear you made your flight out of Regina and all the way to Vegas. Does she purr like a kitten? The kids are waiting to see some pictures. If you can make it home on those tires, Cdn Tire has a sale on - buy one get 2nd at half price. I talked to Linz tonight in Winnipeg. She's having a blast. Kelsey is at a bon-fire tonight in WC and Josh has Alex over for a sleepover. When I got home from work the dogs were running around on the driveway. Not sure how they got out or who's yard they were pooping in! I picked up a pinwheel for Hailey today. You were right - she loves it. Anyway, drive safely and don't push it too hard. If you get tired, promise me you'll pull over! Call if you get a chance. Love you - D.

Canuck 05-06-2005 10:58 PM

Into Utah

Well, I'm taking a little break so I thought I'd Write more. The flight from Calgary to LA was great. WestJet is a fun airline to fly on. And, it was a 200 seater with only about 20 on board so there was lots of room to stretch out and great service. The flight from LA to Vegas was something else. Talk about travelling with the circus. The plane was loaded full of 60 year old guys wearing white shhoes, polyester pants and lots of gold chains and sunglasses. Going to Vegas to make it big on the weekend I guess. Once I got to Vegas the Valet service delivered the car, I took one cruise downthet strip and then headed out of town. She's purring fine and a joy to drive. One the road there's a section when you're passing through Arizona that has a lot of hills and winding turns. On this trip that stretch was a pleasure rather than a pain. These cars truley are a "Grand Touring" type of car; wide and low with plenty of power, and comfortable too. It was great to cruise through the Nevada desert with the sunroof open so I could see the stars.

Yes, this is a RED 92. It has been repainted. The carfax was clean on it but I guess it was done for cosmetic reasons. This is the car in my avatar. The only concerns I've seen so far are some wear in the leather on the passangers side and a hole worn through on the floor on the drivers side, and the tires. Minor things for a 92 I guess. I was going to have my 93 Anniversary Edition shipped but this is so much fun, I might just have to drive it from PA.

I'm doing this email from my Treo600. I forget who asked but it is a gret phone/pda. Being from Canada I'm on the SaskTel/Bell network. I passed some pictures along, I don't know if they'll get posted or not. t doesn't take very good pictures but as a phone/pda with web capabilities it is great.

By the way, being a Canadian, I was watching the hockey game on the flight from Calgary but we landed before it was over. What was the score in the US Finland game? That's it for now, stay tuned.

Rd96SVX 05-06-2005 11:14 PM

score

Here ya go bud.......INNSBRUCK, Austria (May 6) - Mark Parrish scored the tying goal with 40 seconds left Friday when the puck bounced into the net off his skate, lifting the United States into a 4-4 tie with Finland in the second round of the world hockey championships.

Take it easy out there canuck, congrats on the SVXi, I wish you many happy/safe miles. :D :D :p

Canuck 05-07-2005 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rd96SVX
Here ya go bud.......INNSBRUCK, Austria (May 6) - Mark Parrish scored the tying goal with 40 seconds left Friday when the puck bounced into the net off his skate, lifting the United States into a 4-4 tie with Finland in the second round of the world hockey championships.

Take it easy out there canuck, congrats on the SVXi, I wish you many happy/safe miles. :D :D :p

Thanks for the update - I'm sorry I missed the ending.

I ran into some really heavy rain last night. There was water all over the interstate. When I stopped for gas I decided to get a little sleep. I slept in the car four about four hours. Gee, I just met her and already we're sleeping together!

I'm just about to cross into Idaho. I'll stop In Idaho Falls to do some shopping then it's on to Montana and the U.S. / Canada border. :cool:

SHISVX 05-07-2005 11:17 AM

have a safe trip! nice to have twins...makes for one happy pappy

attention David...

look this one's from your land :D

Kelli

n00b on demand 05-07-2005 11:54 AM

Randy, I am very happy to hear that all is well! Have a safe trip home and I know your family will enjoy the SVX'es :D

Rd96SVX 05-07-2005 10:35 PM

Where Are You Now?

Hey Canuck, just starting to worry about ya, haven't heard anything since earlier today.. hope everything is still looking good. Drive safe.