The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What are the odds? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=35238)

green_eyed_lady 09-19-2006 09:23 AM

What are the odds?

So here is a wierd coincidence -- this happened to Tom and me yesterday evening:

Tom got a call from a girl who had bought an SVX from him that was being sold by a local owner. (The guy had asked Tom to put it on his lot and sell it for him since Tom knew all about and was a big fan of SVXi.) The girl had locked her only set of keys in the car accidentally and asked Tom if he could help her get into her car. So he called the local Subaru garage, but for some reason, they couldn't make the key from the code - their machine was broken or something. So Tom and I went over with all of our Subaru keys and the "master" key set (which opens about every make & model car EXCEPT Subarus!) to try to help her. When we got there, there was a red SVX parked in front of the bar/liquor store where the girl was, and the door was locked, but the window was down about 3/4 of an inch. So Tom went to the hardware store next door and borrowed a long rod, with which he was able to reach in through the open window and open the lock. When he came back into the bar, however, he told her he couldn't find her keys anywhere in the car. So she went out to look for them. When she came back in, she told us that Tom had OPENED THE WRONG CAR!!!! We went out and she showed us where she was parked (we hadn't seen it when we pulled in.)

What are the odds there would be ANOTHER red SVX parked in front of the bar/liquor store?!! :eek: There are only 5-7 Red SVXi in this entire area and we know who they belong to. (I realize how strange that sounds to most of you - 'only' 5-7 red SVXi in the area, but there were a BUNCH of them sold around here.)

As it turns out, I recognized the license plate and I have met the guy who owns the car - his name is Charles Norris.

Now Tom is walking around saying he broke into Chuck Norris' car and lived to tell! :rolleyes:

Sov13t 09-19-2006 09:57 AM

lol! :D

Was Chuck Norris pissed?

bwb3 09-19-2006 10:05 AM

Did you get car opened or run for it before Chuck found out?

Hocrest 09-19-2006 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by green_eyed_lady
Now Tom is walking around saying he broke into Chuck Norris' car and lived to tell! :rolleyes:

I guess that's better than telling everyone that he stuck his long rod into Chuck Norris's opening and lived to tell!!! :eek: :eek: :D

lmaoate :D

SVXRide 09-19-2006 11:09 AM

+1

LMAOATE!!

-Bill

pipedream 09-19-2006 11:46 AM

well we svx'ers do like our liquor.

svxfiles 09-19-2006 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwb3
Did you get car opened or run for it before Chuck found out?

The funny thing was that a Md Co Sheriff I know was walking into the same bar/liquer store, and I called to him that I was breaking and entering....
because at the time I was convinced it was Linda's car!!!
If Chuck had come out and seen this, it would have been easy to explain, as I had Linda's key code, and the locksmith's # on my card, and there were three Red, and one Claret all within 50feet!
What are the odds?:confused: :rolleyes:

subiedo 09-19-2006 12:10 PM

An impromptu SVX meet. :D

n00b on demand 09-19-2006 12:20 PM

LMAO @ tom

TomsSVX 09-19-2006 12:56 PM

just fair notice to all SVX owners... if u lock your keys in your car, Tom is cumming after you with his long rod:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D :D

Tom

green_eyed_lady 09-19-2006 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subiedo
An impromptu SVX meet. :D

Not to put a damper on your enthusiasm, but HAVE YOU SEEN OUR DRIVEWAY?!!!!

It's a mini-meet every night when I get home. :D

Here's one view:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...iles/38415.jpg

....and another.......

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...iles/38396.jpg

I LIKE coming home at night!

Rotorflyr 09-19-2006 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX
just fair notice to all SVX owners... if u lock your keys in your car, Tom is cumming after you with his long rod:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D

Tom

Well that would explain why Diana always seems to have a smile on her face :eek: :p :eek:

Rotorflyr 09-19-2006 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by green_eyed_lady
HAVE YOU SEEN OUR DRIVEWAY?!!!!

It's a mini-meet every night when I get home. :D

This also could explain the smile :p

DreamingOfSpeed 09-19-2006 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX
just fair notice to all SVX owners... if u lock your keys in your car, Tom is cumming after you with his long rod:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D :D

Tom

How exactly would one lock thier keys in the car? My car only locks with the keys (ok the clicking thingy might lock them but it doesnt work and presumably it would be on the key ring). If i press the lock and close the door the lock reopens the second the door closes. :confused:

Can he bring the stick after me anyway? :D

pipedream 09-19-2006 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamingOfSpeed
How exactly would one lock thier keys in the car? My car only locks with the keys (ok the clicking thingy might lock them but it doesnt work and presumably it would be on the key ring). If i press the lock and close the door the lock reopens the second the door closes. :confused:

Can he bring the stick after me anyway? :D

The japanese thought it would be a super hilarious idea to only allow you to lock the car door manually if you hold open the door release on the outside of the car as you close it.