The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   impreza wrx tranny? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=59917)

Alex-svx 05-26-2012 12:20 PM

impreza wrx tranny?

I have now got a 2.2L 5mt legacy transmission in my svx.
And this have start to leak :( And one of the forum members on a norwegian forum have got a rhd impreza gt and part this out.

I have ask him about the clutch systems and brake master sylinder. (forgot the name on it) Is this all i need to do a swap over to turbo transmission.
Or is it some else i also need? (the transmission and rear axel i get little later)

Thanks for all the help.
Best Alex.

Conn SVX 05-26-2012 08:25 PM

Re: impreza wrx tranny?

I think you are the 1st to do a 5 speed manual to auto swap. Why not get a new manual it would be easier

redlightningsvx 05-27-2012 12:10 AM

Hes asking if a turbo leggy trans will work to replace his current one. Not switching from manual to auto.

Alex-svx 05-27-2012 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redlightningsvx (Post 705165)
Hes asking if a turbo leggy trans will work to replace his current one. Not switching from manual to auto.

That right. I will have a impreza wrx/sti 5mt in my car. But i only have wired clutch system on my car now. And i need to chage that to get a turbo trans in the car. :)

huck369 05-27-2012 07:22 AM

So you're asking about changing from a cable activated clutch, to a hydraulically activated clutch.

You'll have to re-do the whole pedal assembly, and install the clutch master cylinder, and slave cylinder

Alex-svx 05-28-2012 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huck369 (Post 705172)
So you're asking about changing from a cable activated clutch, to a hydraulically activated clutch.

You'll have to re-do the whole pedal assembly, and install the clutch master cylinder, and slave cylinder

Yes this is what i am asking about.:)

So if i get the hole clutch system and a the brake booster. And new pedal system this will work?

huck369 05-29-2012 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex-svx (Post 705222)
Yes this is what i am asking about.:)

So if i get the hole clutch system and a the brake booster. And new pedal system this will work?

With some modifications...
Not sure that you need the brake booster, but won't hurt to have it just in case.

Maybe someone that has installed a hydraulic clutch system in the SVX will chime in, as I have always used the Cable clutch set-up when I have done the 5-speed swaps

icingdeath88 05-29-2012 08:37 AM

When I get home later, I can take and upload some pics of the very solid clutch/brake pedal assembly that YT build me. Is the car in question RHD or LHD? If it's RHD it will be quite different (and I think easier).

Get the brake booster, but use whichever one fits better. You will also need the clutch master cyl/reservoir, slave cyl, the lines between them, the clutch fork and anything it attaches to. The pedals, get all of them and all the nuts and bolts. Basically get everything you might need and then determine whether the SVX part or the new part fits better and does the job better.

I will explain more when I know whether it's LHD or RHD.

Alex-svx 05-29-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icingdeath88 (Post 705280)
When I get home later, I can take and upload some pics of the very solid clutch/brake pedal assembly that YT build me. Is the car in question RHD or LHD? If it's RHD it will be quite different (and I think easier).

Get the brake booster, but use whichever one fits better. You will also need the clutch master cyl/reservoir, slave cyl, the lines between them, the clutch fork and anything it attaches to. The pedals, get all of them and all the nuts and bolts. Basically get everything you might need and then determine whether the SVX part or the new part fits better and does the job better.

I will explain more when I know whether it's LHD or RHD.

My car is a LHD but the parts maybe can get is form a RHD car.
I have aslo been look at the 2.5L tranny for the svx. I am not sure what i will go for yet. :confused: hehe

Alex

icingdeath88 05-29-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex-svx (Post 705296)
My car is a LHD but the parts maybe can get is form a RHD car.
I have aslo been look at the 2.5L tranny for the svx. I am not sure what i will go for yet. :confused: hehe

Alex

You will need the clutch setup from a LHD car then.

If you can stick with a cable clutch then your life will be much more simple.

Alex-svx 05-30-2012 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icingdeath88 (Post 705302)
You will need the clutch setup from a LHD car then.

If you can stick with a cable clutch then your life will be much more simple.

Ok thanks. :)