The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Crocodile Hunter-died what he loved doing (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=35013)

demonsvx 09-04-2006 11:09 AM

Crocodile Hunter-died what he loved doing

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060904/..._tv/obit_irwin

ensteele 09-04-2006 11:18 AM

That is the last thing that I thought would have got him. :o

Landshark 09-04-2006 11:20 AM

RIP mate. :(

SVXyGirl 09-04-2006 12:15 PM

It's a shame...but it was bound to happen.

He will be missed I'm sure.

SVXRide 09-04-2006 12:30 PM

Good title to the thread....he was definitely not meant to die in his sleep.
RIP

-Bill

shelfy 09-04-2006 02:10 PM

crikey! :(

TomsSVX 09-04-2006 02:31 PM

I couldn't help but laugh when I heard he got speared by a ray... sorry for the lack of remourse but I had no feelings in either direction for the guy. Sucks for his wife and kids but hey... ur husband got stabbed in the chest by a stingray.... thats like a really cool scar to tell stories about:)

Tom

oab_au 09-04-2006 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX
I couldn't help but laugh when I heard he got speared by a ray... sorry for the lack of remourse but I had no feelings in either direction for the guy. Sucks for his wife and kids but hey... ur husband got stabbed in the chest by a stingray.... thats like a really cool scar to tell stories about:)

Tom

Strewth, you don't have to so fuggan sympathetic Tom.:p He was just a fair dinkum Aussie, doing what he knew best. Preferred Reptiles to people.:)

Crikey, Steve will be sadly missed.
Harvey.:(

immortal_suby 09-04-2006 07:29 PM

He will be missed. That guys was great. I loved watching his shows. Definitely the best at what he did.

Chiketkd 09-04-2006 08:21 PM

Steve's shows always fascinated when I was younger and I still watch them with my kids to this day. I know so much more about the precious wildlife on this planet b/c of him. He will be missed. :( :( :(

dwd1985 09-04-2006 09:09 PM

I thought he was funny and all, and his show vageuly interested me, but in all truth, he has been asking for somehting to kill him for so many years now, im surprised it wasnt a snake or crocodiel though. I feel bad for his family, but in his line of work, I mean, come on, eventually somehting like this is oging ot happen.

ensteele 09-04-2006 09:16 PM

But the surprising thing was that it was something that was not all that dangerous. I would swim with rays before I would pick up some of the snakes he does. Also, you wouldn't get me near a crocodile like he did. :o

RSVX 09-05-2006 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele
But the surprising thing was that it was something that was not all that dangerous. I would swim with rays before I would pick up some of the snakes he does. Also, you wouldn't get me near a crocodile like he did. :o

No, it makes perfect sense to me. He spent his whole life learning to read crocs. He knew what he was doing with them. If it was going to be anyway that he went, it wouldn't be with a croc or an ultra venomous snake or anything like that, it would be with something less dangerous that he would miscaculate. Either way, I'm sure he knew working with animals would get him sooner or later. Might as well be something one-in-a-million - it's his style.

Crikey, but he'll be missed.

Mike621 09-05-2006 05:34 PM

At least he died doing what he loved doing, and he will always be remembered for the risks he took in getting us all an up-close and personal look with great examples of wildlife.

Hohopirates 09-05-2006 05:59 PM

Stingray

I read somewhere only 2 people on record have ever been killed by a ray in Austrailia? Also only 18 people on record throughout the world.. My kids loved the guy, what are the odds....